Well, our new area is rockin. We are doing very well; the Lord is really blessing us in our efforts. This week we scheduled 31 set ups or people to teach and had 21 lessons. So yeah it's going absolutely great. It's so awesome. But our investigators, we have the shen baba he is tomorrow so that should be good, then we have the Li family they are sweet, they have 2 little kids a girl and a boy, they have come to church twice and love the family atmosphere. We just haven't had a chance to sit down with them and teach them. But they are coming along really well, and they'll get baptized. Then I guess most of our investigators are just moving along, just trying to get them to continue to read the Book of Mormon and pray. But yeah sorry it's not an amazing update but yeah those are the few that could use some prayers I guess.
Questions- No I’ll be fine with money, thanks for being so on top of things, I love you so much. Face wash- well if it works for him that'd be great, but whatever is fine cause I’m fine with my face wash, I’ve learned to just deal with zits I’m not trying to get a girl or anything, haha. But the sheet music I haven't gotten yet, I printed the other stuff off.
See Josh is a smart kid, even though he didn't think he would do well he did great. I hope he can get in, cause it was a good experience I don't know if I’d recommend going up living on his own or maybe he could, but the roommate I got stuck with was not a very classy guy. But yeah that'll be great experience for him, I’m way proud of him. I love him so much. But I’m sending him two gifts today; I hope they get to him not broken.
Dang I bet the party was fun on New Year’s Eve, yeah we heard that we could go to the roof and watch the 101 fireworks, but we were like freaking out about it because I mean cum'on 2 missionaries out at midnight, we were like talking back and forth about it forever. We got in bed by 10:30 like we were supposed to but then talked till 12 debating whether to go up or not. We ended up deciding it's better to be safe than sorry so we just stayed in the apartment. The sad thing is when it hit 12 we were just in bed falling asleep, we heard all the fireworks and people screaming but yeah I didn't do anything. I know lame, but I got a good year ahead of me so I 'm way excited.
That place in Kaysville sounds sweet, I bet that'll be fun to go on dates too and stuff. That’s awesome that Kaysville is adding places like that, I love Kaysville it's such a sweet place to live. It's an amazing little town.
8:30 church uh? Yeah I wake up at 5:30 every morning so I think you guys can do it...hahaha
But, I got a couple miracles that happened for us over the past week.
First, we were going to visit the less active family and we were in the elevator and a lady had us hurry and stop it before it closed. We got talking in the elevator and asked her if she had heard of us missionaries and seen us around. Then she's like yeah about 3 years or so back I met with them, and fed them every week. She was like they were 2 sisters, one was named dong Jiemei (this is "sister" in Chinese) Then my companion was like dong? Because that’s his Chinese name. And his sister a couple years back served in this mission and she was in the same area as us now. So we got talking and we found out that most likely it was his sister 3 years ago that knew this lady, and now her son is 8 years old so he can get baptized, they have already been everyday praying, they are so legit also. It was such a miracle, just things like this that you know there is no way God isn't leading this. There’s no way that this was just chance, for her to run into us in the elevator. So yeah that was way cool, my companion was in shock the whole night.
Then on the way home from the appointment he got a distinct impression to go talk to a lady that was walking down the street alone. He said they talked and she had just joined a church not 2 weeks ago. She was not happy with her situation, and started to pray. Right when she started to pray is when my companion arrived by her side to talk to her. She credited it to God listening and answering her prayer. He shared the first vision with her and said she received it really well. She’s really busy, but we'll find time to meet with her. But yeah I thought that was a really cool thing that happened.
Bad thing was right before this we got into it with a couple other Christians, they were bible only people, and the mom was just a talker. I got pretty frustrated, I held it in ok but the spirit just totally left. We both, especially me cause he played it a lot better than me, felt really bad. So we repented and asked for forgiveness together, then we saw those 2 miracles that night. So that was awesome.
But yeah my Chinese I feel sometimes is just stagnant, but I know I need to repent because when I think that I’m discrediting the Lord’s work and help in me learning this language. But yeah I know it's improving a lot, and my listening skills are improving quite a bit also. So yeah I’m very, very thankful because without the Lord there is no way I could even do anything close to this. We were given an article called the 4th missionary (I was going to share some parts with you guys today but I forgot it, but if you can find it, it is a great thing for life also) but there is a couple of paragraphs that I loved that really have and are going to change my mission and life. One of them is talking about "letting the Lord make of you what he wants you to become." Then it talks about you will only make a smudge, or an ordinary man. "But he will create a GOD!" I love that sentence, if we give ourselves up to the Lord, and do his will not ours, and do what he would have us do not what we want to do, he will create a GOD. That is a perfect amazing promise that he can make us Gods. But yeah I’m working really, really hard on giving all myself to the Lord and doing his will...If he says do it, I will!!!
But I know that this work is guided, all of our lives are guided. There is no way it couldn't be, everything is to miraculous, and perfect to not have a perfect mind behind it all. I testify that we do have that perfect mind, that perfect heart, that perfect God behind this all. We have a creator, he loves each and every one of us FOR WHO WE ARE not who we think we should be!!!! He made us the exact way he wanted to and in his eyes that is perfect. We all have our imperfections, our flaws, but through the Savior Jesus Christ those are made whole, and we are to be made perfect in the eyes of our Heavenly Father. I love my Heavenly Father so much, I love praying with him, and talking with him. If we are being obedient and doing what we should be doing there is no language or anything between us and our Heavenly Father. We can truly talk to him. He is the best friend ever, he'll never leave your side or be busy, he'll never forget about you. If we ever need anything I know I have one person that is 100 percent every single second there for me, and willing to listen with perfect ears that will hear every single problem or hardship we share and in turn will answer with perfect lips a perfect answer to those questions and hardships in life. He is perfect and we can to become like him, after all that is our purpose and his joy. I love this gospel so much, I’ve never been happier and I want to have this happiness the rest of my life. I know I can through this gospel and my older brother Jesus Christ.
I’m so grateful to have you guys as my family. You guys provide the perfect example for me in my life. I love you mom and dad, who have put up with me all these years, in hopes that I’ll become what they had envisioned for me, and I hope I made you guys proud. My little brothers Josh, Trey, Cade, Britton who are the best brothers I could ask for, who love me and put up with me even when they may not want to. I owe my life to you guys and will serve you guys the rest of my life. And to my little sister Abby, my little sis, who is the best thing ever that happened in my life. The feeling of sitting and having her in my arms warms my heart every time I think about it. Abs you are the sweetest girl in the world. Thank you guys for being the perfect family, I know I’m not perfect but I’m trying right now. I know that I may not have always been the best son or the best brother, I apologize I’m really trying to make it up and I will need to the rest of my life. You guys are amazing; the Lord blessed me with the perfect family. He knew exactly who I needed in my family life to get me through life. Thank you guys, I hope that I’m being a good enough example to you guys to follow. But don't stop there because I know every single one of you can become a million times better than I’ve become, because I see that potential in every single one of you, but the most important thing is that the Lord knows you have that potential, so don't waste it, all of you, do everything you can to develop your many talents and things the Lord has blessed you with. Thank you guys! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
P.S. I got the Christmas card you made, that is awesome thank you so much for doing that for me. You’re the best!