Hey Family what is up!!!! How are you guys doing? I’ve never been better like always every week I write you guys.
But that is awful about the earthquake. But the church is always good about giving service to everything that happens, that is the way Christ would do it and this is truly Christ’s church.
How was family night? I’m glad that you guys are continuing to do that....I loved family night, I looked forward to it every single month...except for cleaning up the chairs, haha. But yeah I love it. Is Erynn ok?
Josh's trip, dude I’m so jealous. That is going to be the sweetest thing in the world. That sounds so much fun, and I know he'll have a blast. Just tell him have fun getting all those shots needed to go over there (just kidding don't tell him that) But that is going to be so good, he is going to learn so much from this experience I’m happy for him.
Cade is such a brilliant man. I love how smart and humble he is. It's so awesome. But Cade don't forget of the talent of swimming that Heavenly Father has blessed you with. Work hard in all things and the Lord will bless you beyond comprehension. I’ve always known he can do a lot of things in his life if he sticks with it and has determination.
Britton, 5th grade program...Yeah I totally remember that one.. That was great, I still remember some of the songs from it, which means that it truly did brain wash me. But yeah that was fun, I don’t' even remember what part it had, but I just remember Steve Pitcher and I sat next to each other and we wore those hair hats and had the elastics on the bottom of them. We would test to see how strong we each were, we would pull down on the elastic and let it hit our chin.. I remember laughing so hard with each other we thought it was so funny, man I love that kid. but glad to hear soccer has gotten off to a good start. I’m sure it's going to keep getting better and better.
Abby is brilliant, I love hearing all these cute and amazing things that she does. 3rd grade list in the spelling bee that’s dang good Abs, keep working hard and you'll keep progressing like you are. Honey thank you so much for being so loving and amazing. Have fun at the party!!!
Yeah dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved teaching in the primary, I just wish now I could have taken more time to prepare the lessons and made it more interesting for the kids. It's so important to be a primary teacher and teach these kids how to learn to live the gospel and grow up in this ever getting worse world.
But about the business, I’m so glad to hear that it's going well. I’m so glad to hear all of the clients that their lives are changing. It makes me so happy. I only know the Lord will keep blessing our family if we’re all doing our own part and working as hard as we can, then go to the Lord in thanks, then ask for his help and I know he'll help....He is really blessing us right now, thank you guys so much for the hard work you do to support the family.
Well here is a little that has been going on in the past week.
I’ve been really trying I mean really trying to study my hardest to learn this language. I’ve been waking up an hour early every morning to study more Chinese. The Lord is really blessing me for my efforts. My Chinese is really improving, my listening skills especially, I still get lost a bunch of times with what people are saying, but I’m understanding a lot more and the language is sweet. I love studying Chinese it's so much fun.
English class we had on wed was amazing. We did a group activity for the spiritual thought. It’s called the "LEAP OF FAITH" We took one investigator in the room and blindfolded him and told him to pick someone he trusted. He picked his girl friend or someone. Then we had him stand on a table then the girl stood in front of him on the ground. He put his hands on her back....We then lifted the table about 3 inches or 4 inches off the ground but at the same time the girl in front dropped and left so he wasn't holding on to anyone. When she drops and we lift at the same time, it makes the guys feel like he's 4 or 5 feet in the air. Haha it was so funny, he was freaking out. People started to say jump, and his girlfriend said jump trust me. He was like freaking out yelling am "I close to the edge" then he jumped and since it was only like 4 inches off the ground he totally face planted, he hit with his feet and flew forward cause he thought he was a lot higher. Everyone was laughing so hard. Then we told them that meeting with the missionaries and making those changes in life may seem really hard at first, but after you do it it wasn't hard at all. It was a very spiritual lesson, I bore my testimony talked about how through prayer I truly talk with God, and the spirit was really strong. Then after a lady came up to me and was like "you know how you said you can talk to god, how?" I was able to teach her about prayer and the reality of prayer. She was so awesome; the spirit was really strong again. and she was way excited to try to prayer about Joseph Smith that night. It was a very successful English class.
This week we went to the very top of the roof and taught 2 lessons. Not just the top, but even to the very top were you have to climb a ladder to get up there. Both of them were with a member present. So we hauled chairs up there with our investigator and member. It was a really cool experience. You could see everything in every which way....it was way cool, and really fun. I’ll have to try to get the pictures from the member that was with us, cause I didn't have my camera. But yeah it was way intense.
Also we had interviews with the mission president this week.. They were good, I love talking with him and asking him questions. But yeah it was good.
So yeah this week was another good week not to count numbers or anything but we got 41 set ups, or people to teach so that is an unheard of number. I’m telling you the Lord is blessing us so much for our efforts. I know the harder we work, and I know we can work harder, the more he is going to bless us. But right now we’re just working with this "wu" kid, he is 18 his faith is awesome. Next week is his baptism so we’re just working on keeping him prepared and helping him get ready. The other night he called us and asked if he could come out and contact with us for the night. It was cool he came around with us, and in a few of the contacts bore his testimony. It was amazing.
But yeah just working hard and doing all I can to consecrate myself to the Lord. I love this work and am so glad that I have the opportunity to work under the loving hands and directions of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I love Him with all my heart. I thank him every day for giving me life, and this opportunity.
Lately I’ve been on a personal quest, I was thinking I tell all my investigators and people on the street you can really know God, but I was thinking do I really KNOW God. So I’ve made that my quest the last week or so to really try and know God. I’ve been studying preach my gospel, reading his holy scriptures, asking the mission president, discussing with other missionaries and spending lots of time on my knees. I’ve had two very spiritual experiences so far on my mission. One in my first transfer, and one this past week, both after spending time on my knees at the end of the night. I testify God lives, He knows me, and I know Him. Every day I will continue to know Him more and more, I know through this quest I will continue to have a stronger testimony that He lives. I testify He speaks with me through prayer. I testify He listened to those two prayers and spoke back. I know this because I felt His perfect loving arms wrap around me and touch me to the very core. He lives!!! Not even a question in my mind, He loves me and will help me have His perfect true happiness!!! I know if I lose my life to Him, I’ll find a better one....I’m so grateful for Him in my life. I love my Savior and Redeemer!!!!!!