Monday, January 11, 2010

Another great week in the field, gotta love life!

Hello, Hello, how are you guys doing....another great week in the field, gotta love life.

Things are going great right now, I’ve never been happier like always, I just get happier and happier every single week. But yeah this week the Lord blessed us out of our minds, we ended with 10 new investigators, 28 lessons taught, and 33 set ups. These numbers are crazy good, so the Lord is absolutely blessing us for our efforts. The cool thing is we can only work harder than we are right now, and the Lord will continue to bless us more, the harder and more diligently we work. But the best thing about the numbers we got this week is each of those people are sons and daughters of God and have this chance to listen to His perfect gospel and receive baptism....

But yeah, we baptized "shen baba(mean dad)" this week, that was a really cool experience. Just after the baptism we all sat back down in the chairs and sang songs to wait for them to get out of wet clothes and dressed. While we were waiting we sang, "I Need Thee Every Hour," "Nearer My God to Thee," and "Come unto Jesus." It was a spiritual experience, I really felt God's love and the presence of His Holy Spirit. It was awesome to really know that I’m his child and he loves me. He then came out and sat down with his family, he was so lit up it was an amazing thing. We were able to confirm him a member right there after the service. The light in his eyes was amazing, absolutely filled with the Spirit of God or the Holy Ghost. But just to think they are going to be able to have an eternal family and live together forever. That was the coolest feeling to see them as a family smiling. Oh yeah a way cute thing too, they have a 9 year old kid, who stood at the glass as his dad accepted baptism, this kid is the sweetest kid in the world, he's the one I took pictures with on the bus I sent. But when his dad went under he said and lifted his arms "Yeah, daddy is baptized! Oh my gosh it was an amazing feeling, to see the impact of baptism on families. Now we have their 18 year old son left then their family is complete. He has kinda a hard heart but we're trying, and with the Lord's help this family will be able to be sealed together and live together forever as a family unit.

We also went on exchanges with our district leader Elder Berry, which is kinda funny cause we all 4 live right next to each other, but yeah that was cool, we taught a guy named "Ye." He started the lesson with a ton of doubts and was really doubting. This was a very, very powerful lesson directed by the Lord himself. We taught from the scriptures, followed the spirit and by the end of the lesson, he had a baptismal date, he totally changed and was literally way pumped to go home and repent. So that was a really cool experience.

Then this other guy, Elder Berry set up a couple days ago and this guy stood him up. Then we were going to get something to eat, we passed all the eating stands and started to walk down a random road, we have no idea why we were walking down that road. But we soon found out, when we passed a red door, the door opened, we looked back and Elder Berry said "That’s Him" I was confused I had no idea what he was talking about, so we went back and talked to him, set him up for that day at 3 to come and meet with us. 3 rolled around and he called us and said he wasn't going to make it and said some lame excuse, but Elder Berry said come at 4 then. He came at 4, it was about an 15 minute lesson, we gave him a little tour of the church building, showed him, Christ pictures, first vision, then took him to the chapel, it was a very straight forward our purpose as missionaries is to help people accept baptism. It was a short, powerful, easy to understand lesson, and he left with a baptismal date. The Lord is preparing so many people, if we'll continue to live worthy, work hard, and talk to everyone Heavenly Father will put people in our paths that are ready to hear the gospel; I know this as a fact. We literally after we set Him up thought for a minute while we walked back to the food stands, we don't even know why we were going down that road, but the Lord guided us, unknowing to us, down a street that would let us run into this guy, it was a very cool experience.

Last night we had one of the most heartfelt lessons of my mission to this point. We decided to visit some non-active members last night. We talked with the ward council because we had a meeting with them right after church, and we asked them if there is any less-actives that we should visit. They gave us a couple. So we picked one and when it came time we went to find their house and visit them. We struggled finding their house, two white boys in Taiwan with a million complexes or apartments yeah it was confusing. But we couldn't figure out why we couldn't find it faster because we are both eagle scouts, but then I remembered that my mom is an eagle scout, haha! So thanks mom!!! But anyway, after calling them we found the address, we went up to their door and were invited in. We got in and just kinda started small talk to get to know them and introduce ourselves. We were just seeing how things were going. We had planned to share the Elder Bednar talk with them about Love in the Home. As we talked with them they weren't really opening up or anything. But later on in the conversation something someone said struck a Gold mind, and they started opening up, mostly the wife talked, but they told us everything going on in the relationship. It was like a marriage session on steroids haha. But yeah we found out everything, and the wife said that night when was starting to pack up to leave her husband and 13 year old daughter, but because we showed up didn't leave. When my companion and I found out they were thinking of divorce, we just starting thinking about what is would feel like for the 13 year old daughter. We also thought about if our parents were to split up how we would feel, we both started to cry, and literally started to plead with them from the deepest most bottom of our hearts not to split up. We pleaded with them, told them to stop being selfish and do it for the daughter, the mom was bawling the whole time. We were crying pleading and begging them to do everything they possibly could to stay together. The Mom was suffering from some serious "I’m not wanted in this household" depression, the husband didn't really say much. We found out some other hidden things why he didn't really care much. But we talked about how they were the best thing that’s ever happened to each other. We told them right there to look at each other and tell each other they love each other. I told them every day, morning and night, as many times as possible to say the three most important words in a relationship "I LOVE YOU" and to give each other a kiss. I made them commit from now on that they would try everything they could to stay together for the daughter. They committed to the I LOVE YOU, kissing, and trying. But they are going to need a lot more than that. They need the Savior, they need to start coming back to church, and using the atonement in their lives. But it was good, the Lord really directed our words, and if they didn't feel the heartfelt love we had for them I don't know how else we could have showed them. The Lord blessed us with true charity at that point in time. It was an amazing atmosphere. But we will continue to work with them. We called the bishop last night and set up an appointment on Saturday to meet with them, so hopefully they can. But yeah it was sad to think that they were about to divorce, but if they try and read the talk we gave them and do what is in the talk, they will be able to overcome this through the power of the atonement.
What I honestly learned from this experience!!
--I learned the importance of marriage and the significance of marriage. Marriage is a beautiful thing, if treated like the most important unit that it really is it can be a place of learning and growing and a place where the gospel can be taught and learned. The relationship between the man and women is very, very sacred. God over time has done things two by two for a reason. Noah 2 animals, missionaries 2 elders or sisters, Book of Mormon and bible 2 testaments of Jesus Christ, and marriage between 2 human beings a man and a women. Marriage is so amazing; through marriage we have the opportunity and privilege of bringing souls into this world. It is a big responsibility to bring children into this world, but it's a responsibility we need to make because that’s part of God's plan. We need to think as parents that God himself is trusting us with his children, trusting us to help them grow up to remember God and his teachings. I realized the importance of not letting anything come to divorce, the thought of it makes my stomach drop. It takes trust and loving each other with the deep most love a human can have for a human, but that’s what we need to do. We have made the choice to bring this or these souls into the world, we have to take care of them. That means having a mom and a dad which is how it's been since the beginning (Adam and Eve), to help them learn and grow. It is a sacred and wonderful blessing, but we have to take it as such. It cannot be treated lightly.

But Dad-I realized the amazing importance of the work you do. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the work you do, and how you’re so good at it. You’re a complete stud, thank you so much for leading the way and helping others overcome these things and staying together. Thank you so much for having an amazing relationship with mom, and showing the example to us kids and all those around that see your guy's relationship. I love you so much, thank you so much for your life service to God's children in helping them keep what God has granted them - "each other." Dad I hope I can grow up to be like you, and follow in your footsteps your an amazing father and example. I love you so much, I can't wait to get home and continue to improve our relationship together, I know it will only grow from here on out. I love hanging out with you, and over the years I didn't appreciate it as much, but I love your advice in all things. Girls, school, actions it all was very important to me. I loved just chilling with you and talking. Dad in the MTC when I got the studying methods and a little note from you, it touched me like nothing else. Just the connection between father and son, especially first son, you have no idea, I read it over and over just because it was from my dad, and I look up to you so much....Anything you say I know is in wisdom for me to live a better life and become the man that you and Heavenly Father wants me to become. Thank you so much dad!!!

Well family thank you so much I love you all so much, I’ll be sending a separate email for each of you hopefully. But I just want to share my testimony: I know the Lord is my Savior and Redeemer. I know God lives. He is my Father in Heaven and I communicate with him through prayer. This work is real. Jesus leads this work every single day. As I am obedient and put all my efforts into the work I see miracles that couldn't happen without the Lord's help. I know God knows each and every one of us, and is willing to help our lives and situations if we'll just ask Him. I know this is true in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.