Sunday, January 17, 2010

I Was Sitting in Priesthood Mtg Listening to a Lesson...

This past Sunday, as I was sitting in priesthood meeting listening to the lesson…

We were being taught on the subject of the pre-earth life, discussing the difference between Satan’s plan and Christ’s plan. I had some insights come to my mind about this subject that re-affirmed Christ's love for me and all mankind. The question was asked "what was the difference between the two plans"? I was thinking well Satan would have forced us to follow him and Christ we would have free agency. Which is correct but then came to my mind this other thought. Christ told our Loving Perfect Father in Heaven, I will allow the children of thee to choose whether to follow or not, but I will give myself even to death for their opportunity. Through my life, they may have theirs. Satan on the other hand just said all people will follow. There are two things wrong with Satan’s plan....1st-he wanted all the glory to himself, and wasn't willing to give any of the glory to the Father. 2nd-it wasn't out of love, it was out of selfishness. Think about it, Satan was so selfish, he wanted all to be saved, because he didn't want to sacrifice himself. Yet Christ loved us so much, he was willing give himself to us. Christ died for our sins, something Satan wasn't willing to do. They both wanted all the children of Heavenly Father to be saved, but Christ’s plan was out of love. He was willing to provide himself as a way to return to live with our Heavenly Father. Satan wasn't willing to provide the way so he was just going to make everyone follow.

Christ has perfect love for each and every one of us, which is why he died for every one of us. He suffered in the Garden, he was beaten spit upon and whipped, then nailed to a cross to hang until the father allowing him to come back to his presence. All of this for you and me. He is perfect, he loves us perfectly, and through him we are saved, and allowed the opportunity to return back to Heavenly Father. But we all have free agency, to choose whether or not we want. I’ve chosen my path, I hope we all can have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and follow his footsteps to be saved, and not dragged down to Hell in never ending misery with the one who is miserable himself!! He doesn't deserve any glory of us being drug down with him, we must persevere and do all we can to follow Christ. The Father and Jesus deserve the glory of their children returning to live with them, and living with them forever.

The question was also brought up why did we forget about the pre-earth life. I believe because it was so perfect and lovely, that if we didn't forget what is was like we wouldn't have free agency because we would know what we have awaiting us and would do everything to get back to that heavenly place. But through Holy Ghost, we can know again what it was like, and then do everything we can to return because I was that great of a place. A place of perfect peace, and growth...Where with our families we lived and most important living with our creator!!

I bear my personal Testimony:
I know Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know he suffered for everyone of my trials and hardships. He is perfect, I love him so much... And everyday consecrate my efforts unto him and his great work. I love my mission so much, yes because I’m growing into the person he wants me to become, but also because I can help him in his great work of bringing back his children that may be lost. Then helping them remember the great blessing of living with him, and the perfect happiness they had. Please I beg everyone to repent, come unto Christ and taste of the blessing I’ve been tasting of on my mission and only know will continue to as long as I repent each day and give myself to him. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen