Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Had an Amazing Week...

I had an amazing week....I’m so glad to hear that all your guys week went great...

We ended the week once again blessed more than ever by the Lord. We ended the week with 21 lessons with members present, and 35 total lessons, while still getting 27 set ups...it's not like numbers really matter, but that’s just how many souls we were able to try and help get closer to baptism. The Lord is truly blessing us so much for our efforts, it is unreal. But the crazy thing is, we have so much to improve, and who knows what our potential is with the Lord’s help and good solid hard work.

But our investigators, the one that was supposed to get baptized. He is 18 years old. In Taiwan you have to be 20 to be legal, so under that you have to get the parents to sign the baptismal sheet. So he went home and asked his mom, and she said no...She told him he is the son of a Buddhist god and all this stuff. He called us the next morning at 5:30 in the morning in tears devastated!! He is the biggest stud though, the last 3 days or so he's been going around with us on the streets teaching people. He is at a lot of our lessons and bears the strongest most humble testimony. It really helps because he's pretty much a member, but because he's not he can connect with the investigator more because he's not baptized yet either. But it's funny he'll just call us up and ask if he can come do missionary work with us.. It's awesome! He wants to serve a mission. The other elders had a baptism the other night, and you could just see in his eyes it was killing him to see this other guy accept baptism and he couldn't. But were praying really hard, and we’re going to go talk to his mom and try and get her to see that we’re not an evil church, and that it's good for him. But yeah we need his mom's heart to be softened. But he is a stud, I love him so much it's an awesome experience to get to know him, and have his faith increase mine.

Then we have a girl, Zoey...she is moving along amazingly. She came for a lesson, and we taught her with a talk from the conference, it was a good short strong message. Then after we had to go to a lesson at 5:30 and had a ward party to be back to at 7...she decided to stay there at the church till the party...she stayed and read more of the Ensign and scriptures, and the best part about it is all the younger ward members were there practicing their dance for the ward party, we came back and they had all made friends. So now she has a ward support and it's awesome...it made us so happy! She is coming along really, really well.

We went on companionship exchanges again. It was just between us 4 again in our area, I went with the other companion this time. This is his first area, so we both don't speak very well, so it was really interesting. But it was really fun, except that is when the head thing happened, so that night and a few nights after were absolutely miserable. But other than that it was way fun...We spent a couple minutes messing around with people outside with the laser...it's so much fun, haha.

Yeah then because of my companion year mark, we woke up at 5 in the morning and rode our bikes to Elephant Mountain and hiked up it. It was really fun, but it was one of the hardest things I’ve done. The stairs were way steep, and it was all the way up the mountain. But at the top the view was amazing, and we had some good study time with us and the world (God's creation). But I’ve never literally been sorer in my entire life. My thighs man I could barely stand and sit down they hurt so much, it was crazy.

But yeah it was an amazing week, we saw all of the Lord's help in our efforts... Sorry this letter isn't too long, but I just want to say, I absolutely love my mission. I’ve never been happier and had so much time, and worked so hard at the same time. But it's awesome. Thank you guys so much for supporting me and helping me do all I can to become the missionary and man that Heavenly Father wants me to become.

I know this Church is true. I know Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know through Him I can have eternal life, with my family and Father in Heaven. I love this gospel so much. I love the Book of Mormon. I love reading God's perfect words through his prophets. I know it is the only book on the face of the planet that will allow men and women and children everywhere to have peace and godly happiness. I’m so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and the opportunity I have every single day to repent and become a little better. I thank my Father in Heaven every night for my life, because I love it. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.