Hey Fam!!!
I hope you are all doing great because I am also doing amazingly. My new companion is really good. He only has 10 more weeks in the mission field. I have learned so much already about the area book and planning. I can really see how the Lord is putting me with all these different companions so he can mold me into the missionary he wants me to become. Like my first companion (Elder Bishop) taught me how to contact and be perfectly obedient (even though I learned that from his non perfect obedience, but hey I learned it), my second companion (Elder Daniels) taught me to absolutely love the work and have fun while doing it. The fire we had together was unreal it was the funnest 12 weeks of my entire life. My 3rd companion (the one right now Elder Youd) I’ve already learned so much about using the area book and planning, and I only count on learning much more. But I really can see how the Lord is molding me, to become a true disciple and tool in his hands. Then I can take the things that he is helping me learn and teach them to other missionaries and hopefully help the work here in Taiwan, Taipei explode even more than it has been lately. So I’m very grateful for my companion right now, it is exactly what I need to learn and the Lord knew that!! But 3 of the investigators that were baptized came to church. The other one couldn't because of work, she will come next week. But it was awesome I was able to stand in on all of the confirmations. Every time I heard the words (Receive the Holy Ghost) I felt the power of God rush through my body, down my hands and into their spirits. This gospel is true and by the laying on of hands by worthy men that have the priesthood we have the chance of doing God's work on this earth today. But yes it was amazing to see them receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost and see them change. The Holy Ghost is a beautiful thing. We talked about that in zone conference this last week. The single most special thing we can obtain in this life is the companionship of the Holy Ghost, so we have to always live worthily of having that companionship!!
I haven't checked the mail yet so I don't know about the package, then yes I got all the pictures they were amazing. I love looking at the pictures you send me it makes me really happy to see how the family is doing!! Looks like they are all doing splendid so I’m really happy about that!!
Glad that you guys are moving along with the office. That truly is a huge blessing from the Lord. The Lord really is mindful of the things in our lives. The Lord is willing to help if we’re willing to accept the help from Him. I would like to see pictures next week of the office, that would be really cool to see the progress that is going on over there at the new office.
Josh-Josh is an amazing kid, I hope he knows I love him to death, and look up to him!!!! But, he'll pull out of it don't even worry about that, because I know the Lord knows his situation, I’ll tell a story I had earlier this week about a day when I wasn't having a good time. But the Lord is willing it's up to him to accept the Atonement or not. I love my Josh!
Cade-What a stud! He is such a gifted swimmer. I’ve always thought that he should just stick to swimming because he has a natural God given talent, and we are commanded to take those talents and make them into the best that we can be. But I’m glad he still did well, tell him the harder he practices the further he'll go. Then tell him to "Just have FAITH and Go Do" - Elder Rasmussen quote. I’m also glad to hear that he is still doing well in school, tell him to keep working hard. I love my Cade!
Britton- That stinks that you showed up late. There is nothing worse than showing up late to a sports game. I remember if I ever showed up late I was really bugged, oh how much I love sports. I think you guys already know that. But I’m glad my little buddy is doing great. He is so awesome. I love him so much. That would be awesome to go on that trip. He really does have such a good support system of friends. It really reminds me of my friends. I’m so grateful for my friends influencing my life and helping me out a ton. It really does remind me exactly of my situation. But he is an awesome dude. Tell him keep working hard, and the Lord will continue to bless his life. I love my Britton!
Abby- Oh Sis- haha, I can totally picture her showing everyone up and telling everyone how it is done (painting the office the right way). She is so awesome like that. She is a smart little girl, so I wouldn't doubt if the way she is telling everyone is actually the right way in fact! But I’m glad she is doing great, and she would be an amazing front desk girl. The office would take off because everyone would want therapy just to come and see Abby’s beautiful face. Haha she is awesome. I love my Abby!
Zach would do that!!!! hahahahaha He is a stud! How did he do though? I love that kid! He really is my best friend. I could hang out with him all day every day. I wish I would have more before I left but after I get back I've got plenty of time to hang with him.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh Austin, I knew he would!!
Erynn, yeah I don't even know what to say, she is just amazing, period. 8 hours a day is crazy. I mean I think about missionary work, and we role about 11-12 hour days and I’ve never been so tired in my entire life. But that is amazing that she was chosen, I bet she is just amazing at it!!! I’m proud of her, and all my extended family.
Todd- Wow that will be a sweet trip! I’ve always looked up to Todd. I’ve always loved his opinions and talking to him. Really I respect him so much. I really do love golfing with him, and just talking with him. That's one thing I’ve always had inside - a very, very deep respect for Todd, he is a great uncle.
So as far as my week!!!
So Elder Daniels left. But the best thing about it was he had received lots of candy from his family. One was a huge Reeses heart. He loves Reeses! But he also knows that I love them too. So I left to get my new companion, came back and gave hugs and watched him on his way. Then later that night when we were about to the plan (Elder Youd and I) I looked in my drawer to get my hymn book, and the heart was there. On it said To: Miracle Worker From: your lover "I love you" then on the back "keep the fire!" I love Elder Daniels! We really were the best friends. That just showed me a simple act of service that showed he really did listen and care. He was a great Elder, he'll be a sweet zone leader for the mission.
But the first miracle Elder Youd and I saw together was pretty cool. We went to visit a less-active family that night. They were not home yet, so I said "Well let’s start tracking" So the very first door on the right was a business door we knocked it and a lady came out from the business. We asked her if we could share a message with her. She accepted so we went and sat outside around a table. We taught her a 10 minute powerful Restoration lesson. She set back up and we are going to continue to share these things with her. It was a sweet miracle to start things off that the Lord was willing to allow us to see. The first door contacted, so it was way cool. During the lesson, I really felt the spirit, man I love the spirit it is such an amazing feeling.
But here is my story of the week. So I started the week a little stressed because I was kept in this place to try and keep in order, and keep all the people we've found and everything organized. I was getting stressed. But on Thursday, we had like all of our lessons cancel on us and it was just not good. I got really down and didn't know what to do. We were contacting that night. I was getting mad, no one was setting up and I didn't know what I was doing wrong. But there is a spot on the road, it is a little cross walk thing in between two large roads. So if you’re on it and there are red lights to cross you have to stay on it until the cars stop coming. But I was on there, and I was alone no-one else was on it with me. I leaned over my handle bars and offered up a sincere prayer to Heavenly Father asking Him what to do. I didn't know if I was taking care of everything, I just didn’t' know what to do. I asked Him if there was anyone that needs my help to tonight please allow me to find them. As I said that I saw feet walk by as my head was still bowed over my handle bars. I said amen, looked up and the lights were still red so there is no way that someone could have came across. But I turned around and on the other side of the little cross walk there was a lady standing there. So without even hesitating I turned around and started talking to her. I asked here where she was going. She said home. Then I asked her if her life was happy. She said no. I asked her why. Then she said about 4-6 months ago her husband left her, and her life has been a mess since. She's trying to work, take classes and do everything on her own, and goes to like a therapy thing at night. We started talking and as we talked I literally felt spirit to spirit connection with her. God truly wanted me to meet her. I started talking about Trey, and how through this gospel I know where he is, and how he is safe, and how I can still know I’ll see him again. I told her that it's great that she's going to this therapy thing to try and help. I told her but there is something that is far better than that class. I asked her, who do you think could help you the most in your life. She didn't know the answer, I taught her about Jesus Christ atonement, and how He knows exactly what she is going through. I was able to prayer with her there on the street, and then set her up to meet with us again 2 days later. Well when she came 2 days later, she was telling our members that were there why she walked over. She said she saw a white boy, looking like he needed some help, so she decided to walk over and ask if she could help me. Then before she could gather up to come ask me, I had already turned around and started talking to her. I told her in the lesson, I was like I was not having a good day, and you're right I needed help, but I was praying to God to help me find you, because God wants you to come into his fold and hug you and help you through these things. Then we set a baptismal date with her!! She was awesome. She was crying like the whole lesson. We just shared a bunch of scriptures with her about the atonement, and about suffering and not giving up. A few were Mosiah 23:21-22, Alma 38:5, Alma 7:11. So it was awesome. I’m so grateful that the Lord trust me enough to put her in my path so I could help Him find one of His lost sheep and help them come back and receive of his blessings.
But that night when we taught her, we opened the door to let her in, and 2 kids from English I contacted which didn't come earlier in the day showed up, and they had a cousin with them. They thought we had another English class that night. So my companion went with them as I taught this Tsai Sister. Then we both met up going home, and it turns out the Lord helped us set 4 baptismal dates with all 3 of those kids (17 years old) and with the Tsai Sister. So that was a really cool miracle.
Then a family that Elder Daniels was working on a ton the Li Family. We helped the Lord set a date with the mom the other night. The dad was quite willing, but it was way cool. They are such a cute family, with 2 little kids a 6 year old girl, and 4 year old boy.
But yeah the week ended strong. The Lord really blessed us with a lot of lesson. we were able to teach 40 lessons and have 9 new investigators on the week. The Lord is really allowing us to see miracles. I love in the scriptures God shows us miracles according to our faith, not to build or faith. The last few weeks I studied faith, and through my studies I wrote a talk about faith. The line I came up with that I say every day now is "Have Faith and Go Do" It’s really helped me move forward in faith. My faith is in my savior because through him all things are possible I know it. Because I’ve seen many miracles that wouldn't have happened if he didn't lead this work. I love missionary work, I’ve never been happier. I love being close to the Lord every day, and always needing his help. Because when we accept his help we see miracles and things that otherwise wouldn't be possible. But I’m so grateful for the opportunity to be his servant here in Taiwan. I’m really trying to submit my will to His. Also give him my life, and in doing so I know He'll help me find my new one that will be greater than I ever could imagine. I love my Savior and Redeemer. I will follow him the rest of my life. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Thank you so much family!!! I love you guys so much, and am so grateful for the support that you give me.
Love-
Elder Rasmussen