Sunday, March 21, 2010

Brock's response after I shared the letter with him from Elder Gassin

I love that man! He was truly converted to the Lord. When he would walk into the room, it was really like a general authority walking into the room. Everyone would go silent and look at him. You could see through his eyes into his soul that he was pure. I had the opportunity to sit down and talk with him. I talked about my first companion not being completely obedient and what I could do to become a better servant of the Lord, and at the end of my mission truly say that the Lord accepted my efforts. He shared a bunch of scriptures with me and changed my mission and life forever. Every day I try to submerge myself in the work, and through that I know I will change and as I'm a changed man I'll know the Lord has accepted my mission. I'm doing this for myself, my family, the people of Taiwan, but specifically for my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. Because this is what they would want me to be doing, and I'm more than willing to give my life to them. But Adam Gassin was a great missionary. He is a legend here in Taiwan. I was grateful to have a relationship with him, and learn from him. He told me of his very special experience a year into his mission when he truly wanted to love his mission. That man loves God!! I learned from him more than anything to love my mission and to do all I can to serve the Lord with all my heart, mind, might, and strength and leave nothing behind to slow me down.