Hey Family!!! Glad to hear that you’re doing so well. That’s awesome I love to read the emails each week and hear how everyone is doing. I'm doing absolutely amazing, the Lord is really blessing me with the language, ever since I’ve started putting myself out there and talking to everyone I pass, and having confidence that they will understand me, my language ability has really taken off. It's far from good, but it's taken off. I still can't understand very well, but my speaking has gotten a lot better. Really the Lord is rewarding me for my efforts and I’m loving it! I just plan to keep working really hard, and I know if I do that the Lord will help me out and I’ll learn the language faster, but as long as I put my part of the effort in, then He'll do the rest. That’s how it goes in life in general, once we've done all we can, then He will reward us and help us jump the extra step to success. I love my Heavenly Father and Savior!!!!
Mom I have nowhere to put anything. I can't tidy up my room. Just say he's trying, and put that picture up on the blog. Haha just do it, just do it....haha but yeah we have eaten in the apartment once, we always eat out, but yeah that little corner by the fridge, we have a little toaster oven that we get to use. It’s awesome. haha
I did decorate the tree. I sent you the picture of it. I haven't opened any of the presents I thought I had to wait for Christmas. But I think I’m going to open the presents, then just save the stocking for Christmas day. Sorry if that’s not what supposed to happen. But yeah, I can't let those chocolates go another day, haha.
For Thanksgiving, I had some cold turkey and rice. Haha, but I’m not complaining, so yeah it was fun. I bet Dorran went all out, they are such an awesome family. I really am so grateful I’m eternally sealed to them. I love them so much. But about Zach's friend Lynn, that’s so funny. Zach is huge. He's legit! Man I love that kid, he's my hero!!!
About Grandmother - yeah I’ve been praying really hard for her health, so Heavenly Father truly does listen to our prayers, he does answer them also.
Ummmm.... about going to Utah State, if he has some friends up there to go up with it would maybe be best, but yeah I enjoyed it, wouldn't say it was the most productive thing I’ve ever done. Plus I got stuck with a non-LDS kid as a roommate, and was explosed to a lot of not so of good stuff around me. Yeah so it was a good experience, to get out of the house for a while, but either way would be fine. I loved coming home after the 1st semester and living at home, to be honest. But have him prayer about it and whatever Heavenly Father tells him he should do. But, Josh keep studying hard and doing all you can for grades, and getting decent on the ACT.
Cade-STICK TO SWIMMING!!! You are so sick!!!! Go all the way!!
Haha Britton, Age of Mythology, I remember that stage in my life. Haha that's so funny. It really is a good game, and it involves really good strategy too. Hahah you’re a dude.
Abby-You always light up my life with your cute little sayings.
I miss Christmas at the home, with all the decorations ands stuff. But yeah I’m excited to have Christmas out here, it's going to be awesome. The true meaning of Christmas. Gotta love it!
So a little about the work right now…
At the Thanksgiving party we had our zone leader’s investigators, when I went on exchanges with him I met them, ‘cause we taught them. So I knew them pretty well and we really connected. So at the Thanksgiving party I started talking to them. I sat with them for one and a half hours, teaching them!!! All in Chinese, we just had straight conversation, I taught them about prayer, the Holy Ghost, plan of salvation, baptism. It was truly the gift of tongues, it was an amazing experience. They all three said they want to get baptized when they receive their testimony. So that was so awesome!!
Then I got my first actual contact the other day. We were riding home. We stopped at a red light, and I contacted the scooter next to me. The light turned green so he road off. So the next red light I happened to be right next to him again, so I told him about church, and talked to him for a while. (While this was happening, the light turned green, so my companion just kept going, didn't know I was contacting this guy.) So I contacted him all by myself (Holy Ghost also but you know what I mean), and told him about what church was and committed him to come to church. Well on Sunday morning 30 minutes into the meeting my companion gets a call, and the kid actually came. So I sat with him all through church, we chatted the whole time, I was explaining everything to him, I told him about baptism and everything, so he knew why we were meeting with him. He is actually not in our area so we had to give him to the zone leaders, but they taught a lesson after church with him, they came to me after, and were like he is awesome. He accepted the baptismal date. Haha, so this kid is golden. So yeah the first person I get to church, he has a baptism date now. So that made me happy. See the Lord really blesses me and puts people in my way when I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing.
Also mom don’t' freak out, but yeah were teaching a murderer. He had a kid at 18 years old, then he killed a guy. He just got out of prison, he's 55. We didn't know he was a murderer, I contacted him and set up a time the next day to meet. We met, and we found out. I couldn't understand what he was saying, but he was making killing motions explaining his situation, it was kinda strange. Then my companion gets a phone call, and says to me. He killed a guy, talk to him!! And he walks away and I take the phone call. I don't know about you, but I had no idea what to say. We just found out he was a murderer, and my companion leaves me and tells me to talk. Haah we pretty much sat in silence for a while until my companion came back. Haha honestly what are you supposed to say.. but yeah he feels a lot of regret for his whole life. He's homeless and everything. Then he gave us a picture of himself and wants us to find his son and see if he's ok. But we can't cause he's not in our area. It's just a weird situation.
But yeah everything else is going amazing. I'm loving my life.
Josh-Keep up the hard work. Keep putting yourself out there, and talking to people and making new friends, Heavenly Father will see your efforts and bless you in ways you wouldn't think possible. Keep working hard in school and ask Heavenly Father for help in your studying, he really will. Also study Preach My Gospel!!! and all the scriptures in it and everything. It will help your life. You are very talented, I’m not even kidding I loved hanging out with you when I think back about it. Sorry for being a stupid teenager and sometimes not treating you how an older brother and friend should have treated you. I promise to you the rest of my life, I will be the best big brother and friend to you. Thank you so much for being in my life, and being such an amazing friend and example. I love you so much.
Cade-Hey bud I think that awesome that you’re so talented you got this far to making the team. Even if you don’t' make it, I’d personally say, stick to swimming. Bud you are the most talented swimmer I’ve ever seen, and if you really want, I know you can get a scholarship in swimming and go really far. But you must really want it
Britton- Hey my man, you’re awesome. Keep working hard in school. Always keep loving your friends and family. You are one of the most loving kids I know, keep that in mind and continue to do that. People love to be around you because of your personality, don't ever lose that. Plus you’re just a shuai (handsome) looking dude.
Sis- Haha hey honey, you are so cute and amazing. Keep loving everyone and doing all you can to be nice. Keep being a good friend and even better sister. Keep working hard in school and getting good grades. You are one of the smartest girls I’ve ever met.
Well guys I gotta run. But I love you guys so much.
This church is true I know it. The book of Mormon, is the truest book on the face of the earth, and through its teaching and readings we will come to know our savior Jesus Christ, and how to more fully use His Atonement, and return to live with our Heavenly Father forever together. I know we as a family can together forever live. I love you guys so much.
Ps- If you guys will, every night, along with scripture study, or just figure out how to do it, start to study Preach My Gospel. Find a copy if you already don't have one, and start to study it as a family. The material inside, will bless your lives so much.
Dad keep working hard, the lord will bless you, and our family will prosper, not just materially, but with LOVE.
I'm sending home a family Christmas present, I hope it gets there safe. Also, family Christmas cards for each of the kids, and mom and dad. I hope they don't get jacked up on the way home, but yeah. Also I hope they'll get there by Christmas. Sorry, if they aren't like way hip or anything, I used what resources I had.
I love you guys so much!! Keep working hard