Monday, December 21, 2009

The Battle Rages On...


Every morning we wake up we’re faced with the largest war in the history of the world. Every time we step out the door of our homes we are right on the front lines. This battle, the battle between good and evil or more personal, the battle between the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and one’s Self vs. Satan. Not only is this the biggest and hardest war we've ever fought, it's also against the hardest, smartest, best opponent we'll ever faced...Satan!! Satan has made his weapons of war, and continues everyday to improve these weapons he has forged. Each weapon has a distinct strategy for Him to win the war. Every soul he gets hooked on pornography He smiles, every soul that starts smoking or doing drugs He smiles a little more, every swear word, every rude comment He just continues to smile with the evil, messed up joy He gets from seeing people suffer. All these weapons He's forged work to his advantage, but the Atomic Bomb of Satan's weapons focuses on 2 things: 1) family and 2) ones "SELF.” The second he sees a family getting destroyed because of one of His weapons (snares) is the second that he can't stop smiling and laughing with joy. He loves family arguments, brother/sister fights, lying to each other, when these things happen He plops onto his recliner turns on His big screen, surround sound and watches this event unfold as if He was watching a comedy. This is all fun and games to Him, but the one thing He takes more serious than ever is the attack on your "SELF.” SELF confidence, SELF image, SELF respect, SELF, SELF, SELF. Because if he can get into and control a "SELF" then the amount of joy He has is endless. He loves to see kids, grownups, teenagers all around the world, whether they've hit the depressed state or not, He glories and joys over every single bad idea, judgment or bad thought about ones "SELF.”. The reason He concentrates all his forces on this main battle front is because every single day, hour, second you are with yourself. Yeah he can destroy a family, but you don't always have to be with your family, yeah he can snare someone with smoking, pornography, or drugs but that’s not an everyday all day thing either. But if He can get the one thing most precious to every living creature he's won the war! He won't stop until He's accomplished his perfectly sick task of destroying a "SELF" or one soul. Satan has eternal misery and he wants all the company he can get. He has his "followers" on every street corner, every stop light, every place you can imagine, for one reason...to destroy someone’s "SELF.” Satan uses all of his forged weapons; pornography, drugs, peer pressure, video games, thought. These are all effective weapons, although I don't believe he uses these weapons to kill, he uses each of these weapons to damage and weaken the selected target, then once the shield of armor is low enough He doesn't waste any time or a chance of destroying the target. So instead of throwing another weapon at you he himself pounces on you, never to let go. Once he has used his own personal energy to trap you it's too late, He's got you and rejoices ever so greatly for the victory of his eternal war. Now that he has you he attacks the "SELF" more than ever. Thoughts start coming to the mind; "I'm not good enough," "I can't do this," "This isn't right, but just once won't hurt," "I'm so ugly," "I'm never going to have a girl/boy friend," "I'm better than him," "I don't need anyone’s help I can do it all.” He works both sides of the "SELF," I believe there are 2 kinds of “depression or insecurity.” Lack of "SELF" and too much of "SELF.” Both are very dangerous. Sad thing is Satan will gladly accept either one.

Once we’re grasped into the never ending snare of guilt, unhappiness, and misery, there is only one way out. Yes one way!! You can't think your way out of it. The only way is through our Lord and PERFECT Savior, Jesus Christ. Satan may have great, great power, but Jesus Christ has perfect righteous power. He healed the sick, made the blind see, the deaf hear, and cast evil spirits out of the souls of miserable possessed people. Let me restate that "CAST OUT EVIL SPIRITS." He is all powerful, Satan whimpers, cries, and hides like a scared dog at the sound of His perfect name. If Satan is commanded he MUST obey. Christ is all powerful, He's the only single way we can forge strong enough, big enough, and sturdy enough weapons to win each battle and eventually win the war.

If you go to fight the battle alone with no weapons against Satan and his armies you don't stand a chance. We must forge our own weapons of war. Not just any weapons will do. We must forge perfect weapons of war, yup PERFECT weapons of war. The only way to forge this kind of weapon is through Christ and his teachings. Every day we can forge those perfect weapons by doing little things. Saying, “I love you” to a family member, serving others, having kind thoughts. These are things to start forging your weapons of war. There are 3 things we can do to forge our perfect immovable defense around us!! Not just weapons, but a spiritual shield that nothing can penetrate. Every single day we must read the scriptures and pray. However much safety we think we need, read twice as much and pray 10 times more. I can't emphasize the importance of both of these the way I want to! Prayer…make prayer your best friend! First of all you get to talk to your loving Heavenly Father so why wouldn't you want to pray, and secondly, through prayer; you receive more strength to fight this war than you ever thought you could. Prayer is absolutely essential in wining battles and eventually the war. Prayer will give you the strength you need to get through battles, yeah you'll lose battles here and there, but through the Savior Jesus Christ's Atonement we can get back into the war stronger than ever. Heavenly Father truly does have perfect love for us, this is why he sent his son to Atone for our sins and truly overcome death. WE have a way to win this war and return back to live with our loving Creator and God, Heavenly Father.

But we can't just let Satan win battles then just expect the Savior to pick you back up. We must do everything we can to win these battles and not let Satan’s weapons damage us. We must 1) read the scriptures 2) prayer everyday all day and 3) every week go to church, and follow all the commandments. Like I said before we will lose a couple of battles or maybe more, but it's from our efforts in following God's commandments that allows the Atonement to get us back in the war.

This is an epic battle, between two forces that won't stop until one is victorious. The fight between good and evil has been the fight since the beginning of time, Satan thinks he has a chance to win this war, and starts by picking apart one soul or "SELF" at a time. Yeah he's smart, he's powerful, cunning, and brilliant. But the thing is Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ out do him even with a single breathe of their life. Satan isn't even a piece of dust! He has no power! We must be on the Lord's side in order to win this war. It's the only way. And we must come unto Him and trust him that he will help us with our own battles and help us win this war. He loves us and will help us, I know it!! But we have to come unto him. He will deliver us like he has always done for the righteous followers.

In 1 Nephi 22:15...Stan shall have NO MORE POWER over the hearts of the children of men...they who do wickedly...Must be burned.
Verse 16...he will not suffer that the wicked shall destroy the righteous.
Verse 17 Wherefore the righteous need not fear; for thus saith the prophet, they shall be saved, even if it so be as by Fire.
Verse 19 For behold , the righteous shall not perish; for the time surely must come that all they who fight against Zion shall be cut off.

Satan won't win!!! He thinks he can, but won't. Heavenly Fathers knows the plan and nothing will stop this perfect plan of returning to him. Those who try to stop it (Satan and his followers) will be destroyed! Please everybody come unto Christ, take strength in your redeemer. We all need it, Satan is in full force and stronger than ever. But if we hold on to God’s word we will be saved.

Alma 7:20: “I perceive that it has been made known unto you, by the testimony of his word, that he cannot walk in crooked paths; neither doth he vary from that which he hath said; neither hath he a shadow of turning from the right to the left, or from that which is right to that which is wrong; therefore, his course is one eternal round.”

He is perfect. He will always lead us the right way. Just like Satan laughs and loves his life when he sees us, the children of God falling for one of his snares, He nashes his teeth, wails, and has never ending torment and anger when he sees us doing what is right. The last thing he wants us to do is to follow Christ, because he knows if we follow Christ we'll win the war. I've found this to be so true on my mission, when we teach a lesson a lot of the times right when we’re about to talk about the restoration a phone will start ringing, or another interruptions will happen. Also the week leading up to their baptisms, Satan throws everything He can at the person to stop them from getting baptized. Satan tries and succeeds sometimes, but will fail. He always has failed ever since he didn't choose to follow the chosen correct plan in the beginning. He was cast out of heaven and will always be cast out. WE must not let him get power over us. Be strong follow the Lord and we will be led to the right path and win the war. We are on this earth to go through trials, learn and grow, and prepare to return and live with Heavenly Father. We have the perfect way right in front of us. Jesus Christ pleads with us to accept his atoning sacrifice for every single one of us, and taste of eternal life.

Me personally, I’ve waited too long to do this, I should have truly come unto him a lot earlier in my life, because now that I look back, when I thought I could win a battle on my own I truly needed him the most. I know He gives me strength to overcome all things. Without my Savior’s help I wouldn't be where I am today.

I know my Savior lives. Because I’ve truly joined forces with him I know I’ll crush Satan to the ground. Satan has no power over me when I’m holding to Jesus Christ. He is my Savior and redeemer. Through him I am healed, and will receive eternal life. I'm planning to make it to the celestial kingdom with my family. This is made possible by Jesus the Christ. I hope that is everyone's hope to live with your families eternally and with our creator in the Celestial Kingdom. I know this church is true.

Hold to the iron rod or word of God. Pray to receive strength, read the scriptures for answers and come to church for support. Do these three things and do as much as you can to follow his teachings. Without fail every single day read the Book of Mormon and pray. Pray when you wake up, pray during the day, pray when you go to bed. We need it, you can't get enough of prayer and building the spiritual shield around you. Hold to the rod, and we will win the war.
I testify that Satan is real. He wants everyone to be damned; He'll stop at nothing to make this happen. We must prepare, and be strong. Satan will not win...Remember your Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ and your life will never be better. That’s my promise to whoever reads this, and God's promise to all who come unto Him is Eternal Life, a Gift which is a most perfect gift.

God lives...He will help us win this War!!