Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Another Week in the Lord's Service

About the monk, yeah we dropped him, he accepted a baptismal date and everything, but never really understood it, and just stopped coming and stuff, so yeah we dropped him, it was fun while it lasted though. The guy I met on the scooter, he eventually lost contact with the zone leaders I don't know why but I hope things work out and they can get back in contact with him. We haven't seen the killer since, haha so I hope he's doing good sleeping on all the benches. Our other investigators: we have 2 working for baptism right now, Connor and Vick. Vick is a professional dancer, he is a stud, he's getting baptized the day after Christmas he's just struggling a bit about rejecting wine when his friends give it to him, but he's really trying and I know the Lord will bless him for his efforts. But the Lord really blessed him at his dancing work, he just got a rank advancement which is quite a bit more money, and he even credited the advancement to the Lord when we met with him it was way cool. Then Connor, he just needs a testimony of the Book of Mormon, he is willing to keep all of the commandments and everything, just really doesn't read and prayer as much as he should to get a testimony so were still working with him. We are teaching this white guy we have to pass him off cause he doesn't live in our area which is sad, but we had a sweet 1st lesson with him, and we had a sweet follow up. He is a really cool guy, he loves what we've taught him so far, and he is doing really well. I love missionary work, the feeling of seeing people come to know the things are true is absolutely amazing and brings happiness to me every single time.

My companion and I have come up with a really sweet way of contacting, I guess a method you could call it. We drive around on our bikes, and my comp will say like handsome or give a compliment to the person as we drive by, and I’ll sit back a little ways from him, and watch the reaction of the person, then I stop and talk to the person if I think I should. Then my comp turns around if it's a little while I’ve been talking with them, and we corner them and get the set up....haha it's so sweet, we have a way sweet little system going, it's working really well.

The other day we only had 1 lesson scheduled at 8 at night, so in the planning session the night before we were like I guess we'll just contact all day. So that’s what we did, all day except for lunch and dinner we were on the streets contacting. We had so much fun, we were laughing and enjoying it a ton. But yeah it was so fun, that’s what missionary work is all about, talking to everyone (even though I can't really understand them and talk very much) But just have fun and enjoy the time you have to just focus on the work of the Lord, it's so great. I had so much joy yesterday!

Then this one girl, my comp is the district leader so he does the districts baptism interviews. But we had this one girl the other night, that the sisters are teaching, she's 17, she's been going to church for over a year, but hasn't gotten baptized because her mom has never let her. And the parents have the right over the kids till 21 years old here in Taiwan. But for some reason the mom said she can now, but it was like a big drama thing. Her mom is literally psycho. Haha she was like, if you get baptized you can't marry a Mormon, then she changed to you can marry a Mormon but your kids can't join the church. Also she was like if I see anything Christian in the house then I’ll burn it or throw it away, and also she's like if I find out your paying tithing then I’m going to burn members houses down. Also her mom told her if she is baptized she can only go to church once a month. Haha but she passed her interview passing with flying colors. But only after like a therapy session, she showed up just crying and was so stressed. But it was a really cool spiritual experience.

About Christmas calling...skype is a really cheap way to call us I guess what my comp said, it's free online or something and you need a mic but you call from the computer to our home phone and talk with a mic. But I’ll call you guys my Christmas day and we'll figure out quick when you can call on your Christmas day, if you want to call with the extended family or whatever is fine. we'll figure it out, so I’ll call you sometime your Christmas eve, so I hope that your home and can answer. and I think I remember your cell phone address so I’ll call you on that also if you don't answer. But we'll get the situation figured out.

But yeah thank you so much for the music.

1. I know right didn't you love that sweet rapping job it was so legit, but the other package has my letters to each of you for Christmas morning. So I hope you get that, and I make the box that they are in, it's a sweet box man, I really build it to last, haha so hopefully it didn't break and worked out

2. Good boy Cade, you’re a stud, I love you so much. Just keep working hard and doing all that you can in order to win and be number one. If you really want it you can get it. The lord gives us talents and will help us develop those talents we receive, only according to our hard work though. But keep up the good work and you'll be a stud of a swimmer, when you go to meets kids will talk about that Cade Rasmussen, and those that are in your heats and things will know you and fear you, it's an amazing feeling to know that, haha keep it up.

3. Britton, I love you bud!! You’re so sweet, keep up being an amazing friend and remember the reason you have so many friends. Keep treating them the way you are. You’re awesome.

4. Josh I guessed on a lot of mine also, you always feel like you did poorly, the only way you can feel good about it is if you’re a girl name Tori Ballif. haha but don't worry about it, keep working hard and things will work out better than you ever imagined. Just remember though the goal you should have in the next 2 years which is getting ready for a mission. Start preparing, study, study, study, don't be like me and enter in the MTC not knowing much. Get way ahead, and not only for the mission, but for your life. It will bless your life I promise you, it's an amazing thing the gospel can do for our lives.

5. Abby, Abby, Abby. You never cease to amaze me. Keep being the perfect sister and daughter you are. Remember the whole family loves you and you need to keep loving them back.

6. Nothing new, Dad has always been a stud. He's my hero! I bought the Ensign and Liahona and read the priesthood session talk about sons and fathers again. I really love dad so much. He is amazing; I miss just going into his office in between sessions and just chilling with him. I love him so much, and plan for our relationship to grow to unknown heights as I’m out here and when I get back. Thanks for everything dad, I love you!!

7. Don't you just love getting ready for Christmas though, it's such a beautiful time of the year? But yeah that would be really nice to just relax and chillax with the family.

8. Dang I didn't get them cause my mailbox was all full, but I just deleted everything so I can get stuff now, it made me really frustrated! But maybe you guys could put some money into my account so I can take some out, so I can get a little msb port thing to save all my emails too. But yeah I didn't see the card, or the music, who knows what other stuff I didn't see.

9. look above haha

10. Because there isn't a ledge like American doors. So I just use it as a push up bar which is great.

11. Ummm... actually if it's just going to cost some money to send over it's fine. Because I’ll just learn to read characters in the next year so I’ll be able to...so thanks, but it's fine I’ll just do without.

12. But yeah I got them.....and I haven't opened any presents yet, but I did open the chocolates sorry I couldn't wait.

13. I’m not really sending a bunch, besides to just my friends and some but can I have addresses I need like Ivan again, but it's just hard I don't have a lot of time.

PS, I’m sending home a Christmas presents for the family, and one for each kid, I doubt it will get there by Christmas, but you'll hopefully get them, 3 church movies and 4 toys for each kid. But hopefully they won't get destroyed getting home.

Well I love you guys so much, thank you guys for all the support and everything you've done, keep up all the hard work!!!