Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How the heck are you guys? I’m doing absolutely fantastic!!!

How the heck are you guys!! I’m doing absolutely fantastic!!!

1. Yeah I got the other two packages, yeah 3 total. The music is working great!! Thank you so much, we were so happy when we got that, and the speakers are 100 percent better than the other ones, thank you so much guys.
2. Haha that’s fun, I bet that Christmas party was sweet. But yeah I knew you guys would find success. Dad is a stud!!! I love him so much, he works so hard (so do you) But this is just getting started you guys have no idea how big it's going to get, I know it, the Lord will continue to bless you guys and our family just like he's blessing me on my mission. It's free advertisement - word of mouth, and especially with word of mouth, people know it's true, because it's not just an ad, and people can trust that it really works. So that is so awesome, I’m so grateful that the Lord is blessing us for our hard work and effort, especially you and Dad!!
3.That’s awesome they (Kim and Todd) had their baby. That’s a cute name.
4. Cade, I told ya stick to swimming!!! That was a blessing that you didn't make the bball team, even though you have enough talent to make it, you can go as far as you want in swimming. But you have to really want it. That’s how it is in life with anyone, if you really want something, I mean really want it, you can go get it, regardless of your talent and ability. Plus if it's for the good of your own soul and will make you happy, then the Lord will also help you achieve this thing because he wants us to be happy, but we have to do our part in order to receive his help.
5. Josh you're a stud!! You just has to stay in there, and ride out this life challenge, the Lord will bless you beyond measure if you do this, and you will be a very, very, very strong messenger of the Lord's message in a couple years. Your kicking my fanny on the ACT!!

Well family my update. On Thursday I made my first outbound call to a referral, haha I was so nervous to make it, I had 2 sister missionaries talk me into it. Like it's hard because on the street I can at least act like I know what they are talking about even though I really didn't understand them, but on the phone, I can't see their body movements or anything, and I sure as heck can't act like I know what they are saying. So I’m entirely dependent on the Lord. So I finally got talked into doing it, I said a little prayer in my heart and made the call. I actually understood most of the conversation, and I set him up for a teaching appointment. Haha, so my first outbound call the Lord blessed me and helped me get a set up.

You’re never gonna believe it, I actually eat subway now. One day I was like you know what I’m just going to try it. So we went and I put everything (yeah everything) on it, mayonnaise and all the side things and mustard and EVERYTHING. Haha I was kinda nervous to try it, but I just went for it, and I loved it haha. So we eat there quite a bit now. Haha, I actually ate a sandwich, you can tell all the extended family for me.....haha

Grandpa and grandma’s gift was so awesome, I have no possible way of using it for pull ups, but I use it on the ground for pushups. It's so legit, I work out with it every morning and night since I got it. I love it. Tell them thank you soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!, I love them so much...the support they've always given me has been perfect.

Oh yeah but that meal that I sent you pics of, we had a crock pot. Where there is a boiling thing of stuff in the middle of the table, and you have all this uncooked stuff, and whatever you want to eat you put in the crock pot and it boils it then you eat it. Haha it was so good. I loved it! I haven't tried anything like super, super weird yet, but I’m just praying I don't have to, but I’m not really counting on that prayer too much. Like if I get transferred down south I’ll have to every day.

K are you guys ready....haha we have 2 investigators we’re dealing with that have the craziest thinking or mind set I’ve ever heard, it's very, very ridiculous.

Collin- He is a very, very cool guy, like I contacted him on the street, and that moment we went to subway with him and taught him a 1st lesson after we got done eating with him. But then the second time we met, he was like mister worldly religions. He started out, I just want to tell you my thinking, "I don't care if I go to heaven or hell or wherever else people go, I just focus on the here and now" I was like, what the heck. But then we were talking and he started explaining how amazing Confucius was, he was talking about him and was like "the amazing thing about him was, he may have been on a road or quest that was impossible and he knew it, and even though he failed at the end of his life, he still tried and went on that quest. That’s why he's so amazing." Yeah if you’re confused, it's alright cause I was too, I was like what the heck are you talking about, a person that goes down a path that he knows is impossible, and then fails is amazing. Haha it was funny. He was also just using all these awful analogies and stuff, haha it was ridiculous.

Patty- We already dropped her, but yeah she was like all religions are good, they all have their own way of communicating with God, and it's all good. Then she was like, the whole world needs to be vegetarian because then she went on this big old global warming spiel, haha it was a complete joke. But then she said this which was the funniest thing I’ve ever heard "because right now you aren't vegetarian, all the cows and animals that you kill to eat, their spirits possess you when you pray, so if you became a veggy then your prayers would be better and God would hear you because you don't have those spirits possessing you" Haha it was a complete joke. But then she was like, all the animals have spirits, think if someone killed you how do you think you'd feel, there is only 1 of you and 1 of them. Then we said, well what if you killed that tree would it feel the same thing. Yeah we got kinda argumentative, my companion especially so I got to the point where I just interrupted things before they argued too much, and was like raising my voice above both of them, like lets go, k we gotta go. It was really, really funny.....There are just crazy ideas and concepts in the world it's really unbelievable. I don't know why everyone just won’t accept Jesus as their Savior?

Last night we had a funny experience. Our door to our apartment, a lock that we never lock and we don't have a key for, got locked for some reason. So when we got back at 9:30p it was locked and we couldn't get in....We had the security guard come try but we couldn't do it. Then we called the assistants and they found the key, and came but we still couldn't get it open. So they called us while they were waiting outside. and said, you guys have 2 minutes to open the door or you guys are coming home with us...I'll tell ya I didn't want to go sleep in their apartment, it was 11:00pm at this time..... So we're like well I guess were going home with them, no more than like 10 seconds later our security guard got the door popped open.. We were so happy we got to sleep in our beds that night. That little event made me appreciate my bed haha it was funny.

But yesterday morning, I had a really funny cool experience. In the morning when I was preparing to go out the door, I was packing up my bag, and putting stuff in my pockets. I had the coolest feeling come over me, like I was getting ready for war. Like I just got a huge urge to do work, and just got fired up, it was so awesome, I was loving my life! Haha my whole body just felt like going crazy, it was an awesome feeling. I don't know why I had that but I did. But then I realized that I really am going to war. The biggest war that we'll ever fight in our entire lives, against the hardest enemy that we'll ever face. Satan is a heck of an enemy, and we’re at war with him every day, but every morning, by studying and getting ready to go out the door to save souls, I’m going to battle against him. And every time if I do what the Lord has asked me to do then I’m going to win the battle, and in the end I’ll win the war and have eternal life with my loving Heavenly Father.

But it was cool the other night the Lord really blessed me for talking to everyone and putting myself out there. We got 10 set ups in one night which is really good, I was just talking to everyone and so was my comp. The Lord put so many people in our way, and let us help them come unto the gospel because he saw our efforts and blessed us. Now we have 10 more people we can help come unto the gospel, and receive the blessing the Lord has awaiting them.

But I have a request. I would love it. I have some piano songs my comp and I want to learn and practice piano on p-days.
George Winston-Lullaby, Rain, Walking in the air, Rainstorm
David Lanz-Fire Dance, Vesuvious
Lullaby and Fire Dance, vesuvious the most please:) that would be so awesome!
If you could find the actual sheet music to those, then email them to me and I could have a member print them off or something. But that would be so cool. Thank you so much.

But hey thank you guys so much for all the love and support that you give me. I love you guys so much, and love reading your letters each week.

I know this church is true, Jesus is my savior and redeemer. Heavenly Father knows each of us, and through prayer we can truly communicate with Him. I love missionary work so much, I love talking to everyone. And by doing that with my efforts the Lord has really blessed me with all my work. I promise if we do our part in everything we do, then ask for help the Lord will carry us the rest of the way that we can't do on our own. I know the savior knows each of our trials and hardships, he felt every single one of our pains, and he's the only one that can take those pains away, and lighten them to enable us to get through them, and come out better people and close to him. I can't wait to go to the celestial kingdom and live with my Heavenly Father and family forever. I hope and will try my hardest to live the rest of my life so I will have that opportunity....I love this gospel so much. I know it will bless everyone’s life if they'll just do the things Heavenly Father asks us to do.

I love you guys so much!!!!! Keep working hard, the Lord will continue to bless you like he's been blessing me.....