Family! My dear beloved family,
How are you all doing? I just loved this week’s email. To see pictures of the family and know that everything is going well and moving right along brings peace and happiness to my soul. I’m so grateful for a Lord and God that take care of my family and make sure everything is OK! I love this work so much, I know it's true, and because of that the Lord is blessing our family greatly. We need to constantly be grateful for these blessings the Lord has shown us and will continue to show us depending on our faithfulness and willingness to follow Him and His commandments. What a great blessing for those that follow the commandments of God (immediate blessings).
Well this last week was probably just as eventful as was yours. It was an amazing week full of the spirit and fulfilling our calling.
First I’ll comment on conference. Wow can I just say wow!! You can't find this anywhere else in the world. Every sermon spoken was music to my hears and allows me to think about my life and the changes that need to be made. I loved it so very much. My favorite was Elder Scott. It touched me, I just loved hearing Him talk about his beloved wife and how great their marriage was and how much they loved each other. I can't wait to get married. I’m working on getting member referrals from Sister Walker in the office right now. So far ages aren't matching up but she’s still looking around for potentials for when I get home. ha ha, I just can't wait to look for the first apartment with my wife, shop for the first time, and just spend time together. Marriage what an amazing thing that is so dis-regarded now days. It's sad to see the world looking at marriage as a think you do when you hit 35 years of age, it's a emotional crutch, or even a pain and burden. But how lucky are we as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to know the Plan of Happiness, which allows families to pursue their relationship beyond the grave. I know the Plan of Salvation is true, for this reason I want to get married. I will have the opportunity to bring in and nurture the Spirit Children of God Himself. He has trusted us parents with the great responsibility to do so and how grateful am I for 2 amazing examples of parents inside the church in you, Dad and Mom. How much all of us kids look up to you two, and how much do we love to be around you and feel of your goodness. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication in supporting the family, we are all grateful. This conference was a spiritual feast that will keep me full till the next conference when we get to feast again on the words of Christ.
This last week Saturday night after priesthood session a really great experience happened. We just left the church and were going to eat. I looked back and saw a young man that had just came from Priesthood session. I had the feeling to talk to him. I just thought to myself He is already a member, why do I need to talk to him. So I just kind of started walking on. Then the thought came again, I’m not going to reject again, so I started hurrying back, to find the kid getting onto the back of the scooter with His Dad. Not know what to say or why I was supposed to talk to Him, I just asked how they were doing and if there was anything We could help them with. They happily stated there was not. They drove off and We started walking back to eat. When we did so, I saw 3 families that had just walked off the temple ground and they were close to the street. I had the distinct feeling to sprint to their side and ask them to come into the church and receive a tour from the temple sisters. They gladly accepted. We called the sisters. They came and started the tour and we headed off to eat. It then hit me, that is why I was supposed to talk to the young man. Because if I wouldn't have I would have missed the 3 families. Later the Temple Sisters called us and told us that they were amazing. They all committed to start saying family prayer and really want to learn more. It was a comfort and sealing to my heart that this happened because I was willing to follow the spirit. Sometimes we may not know why We need to do a certain thing, but if it's righteous, then we need not fear. If we'll just trust in the Lord and do it, the Lord will let the outcome become great and rewarding. I love the spirit, and I know He's real. He's my friend, and I hope to learn more and more from Him as my years go on. This gospel is just so great isn't it?
This week we also had the opportunity to have Zone Leader Council. Wow it was powerful and great. This month we as a mission are focusing on Sanctification through using the doctrine of Christ in our Daily Lives. We feel like this mission is on the verge of explosion. So this month we are focusing more on the missionaries and helping themselves be sanctified so they are more able to help their investigators. My companion and I spent hours preparing for this meeting and it went great. It was weird at first standing in front of those that I've looked up to my whole mission and teaching them about Sanctification. But the spirit truly did quicken my words and our teachings. They got it; they got it because we weren't the teachers the spirit was. What a wonderful experience that was. I love standing in front of many many people teaching and helping them understand things. But even better is, I love to share the testimony the Lord has allowed me to receive of the divinity and reality of Himself. That He lives and loves us. He truly is our Savior. I love nothing more than to stand in front of a group of people and add my testimony to the prophets of old, that declare Jesus is the Christ. I’m so grateful for this assurance that has entered my life.
This week I also went on exchanges with a Zone Leader and with a district leader who dies this transfer. It was a great exchange, and we saw many, many miracles wrought by the hand of the Lord. The district leader is really trunky though, so we tried to burn some fire under his feet to get him moving and finishing strong. His companion is a Taiwanese elder. He is an amazing missionary. I went on splits with him and he tore up the streets. He was talking to everything and one and was loving it. I saw so much potential in Him that night. I watched Him during studies the next morning and love was flowing through my Heart. How much I love the Chinese People. They are so close to my heart, I love them so much and know that they are ready to receive the gospel. It's just a matter of time before China is opened the fullness of the gospel will penetrate that amazing nation of God's children. This exchange also helped me gain a testimony of the importance of Enduring to the End.
Well I don't have a ton of time; I hope I can find my cord to send you a ton of pictures next week. But just know that I prayer for each of you every night. Each of you is in my heart and I love you all. I’m loving serving the Lord, and can't believe that's it's flying by as fast as it is. But I know I’m doing the right thing and turning into the man that Christ and the Father want me to become. I may not be perfect but I’m hoping I’m headed in that direction as you all are so doing. I’m so grateful to be on this perfect path, with a perfect family! Thank you all so much!
I know this gospel is true. I know the Joseph Smith was the prophet of this dispensation. I know that there is no other way and church that can help us back to heaven besides the one we are a part of. This church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Gods only and true church. It holds all the necessary keys to allow man Eternal Life. I love my life, and love serving the Lord.
love,
Elder Rasmussen
PS: When I was watching the priesthood session I suddenly saw a person that is well known. Yup, Steve was singing in the choir. That was a little weird to see one of my best friends singing at the priesthood session.
I love you all