Hey Family!!! Glad to hear that all you are doing great!!! I love nothing more than Monday morning I get to read about my dad and mom and about every kid to see how they are doing in life, and what things they are accomplishing. I’ll tell you it gives your big brother some attitude because I get so excited to see my siblings accomplishing great things and doing great things. I’m grateful for all you guys do, and all the talents that you have. I’m proud to call myself your brother and son. Thank you for all that you do!!
This week was great. We ended with Sister Chen getting confirmed in church and Peggy or (Li Pei Qi) Getting baptized afterwords. It was a great service full of the Love of God, and the spirit being present within every one of us. Peggy loves the Lord and you can see it by the way she shares her testimony and is helping all of our investigators. I can feel something special inside her. When she speaks her body kind of shakes, it's as if her spirit is just yelling at her body to get out of the way because it has many things that need to be said, experienced, and told. She has amazing faith, and is willing to do anything for the Lord. She is always talking about how she can't wait till the second coming of Jesus Christ the Lord and Redeemer of the World. She is basing her whole life off of that event saying "I want to live so when that happens I’ll be able to smile and know that I’m clean." She has only been an investigator for about 2 or 3 weeks. This is what I like to call a very, very prepared soul. I love looking at the schedule for the day and seeing her name one of the day’s activities. Because that means that we get to have a very spiritual experience and learn from her about Faith. I love her to death.
A cool experience. We have an investigator Sister Xie. She is in her 30's, she is also just great. We had planned to teach her the Plan of Salvation with the Word of wisdom. Because of Time we were only able to teach her the Word of Wisdom. What a spiritual experience that was. We started by explaining the blessings of this Law of Heaven. Then we explained what it was. We said according to you what do you think we can eat or drink that would be bad for our bodies. She said the obvious ones bear, smoking, drugs. Then we were like what else. She just randomly said Coffee. We said yup, she went from a face of guessing what could be bad for our bodies to a face of horror. She said are you serious you can’t drink coffee. We said God has asked us not to so we choose not to. She was like oh man this is a big problem. She drinks a cup of coffee every hour. About 6-8 cups a day which is a load of coffee. We taught her why we follow this commandment. We looked at her and said Sister Xie, will you start to follow the Word of Wisdom. She looked as us and said, yes I will. It was an absolutely perfect display of child like faith. She went from saying If I don't drink coffee I’ll die, to yes I’ll keep this Law in the matter of minutes. The spirit of the Lord worked on her spirit, and made the light of this Law simple to understand and she was willing to follow. She is amazing, I learn something new to from every investigator every time we meet with them.
We've been really stressing the importance of Reading, Praying and coming to church with all of our investigators. We've been using an example we came up with. The H2O example. We ask them what does a water molecule include. They said 2 Hydrogen and 1 oxygen. Then we ask them if you only have 1 Hydrogen can it be a water molecule. They obviously say no. Then we say OK if you have 2 hydrogen and no oxygen can you have a water molecule. Then again they say no, thinking that we are giving them a lesson on science of something. But then we hit them with the example. We said OK, do you want to know if this gospel is true? If they say yest, then we say this water molecule is our answer or our testimony. We need both hydrogen's which are prayer and Scripture study, and the biggest part an oxygen which is coming to church, in order to produce the water molecule or our testimony. After this lesson they completely know what they need to do, and if they aren't willing to go and do it, then we don't have time to meet with them, because there are too many prepared souls that are willing. So we are just making sure we know who really wants it, and not wasting time on those that may now be prepared yet. As we have gone about doing this we have really found out which investigators are willing to progress and learn about this gospel, and those that really want to know if these things are true or not. It's interesting, if there is an investigator that does these 3 very, very simple things, there is no way they will not get a testimony. Granted they have to be repenting and following commandments but it’s a given. God won't lie, he'll give everyone an answer if were willing to work for it. This is an action gospel, that's why we are called a living church. We aren't just a church that goes to church on Sunday. We are constantly acting and working on helping the world come to the knowledge of the Savior of the World even Jesus Christ. I love my calling, I love serving the Lord, and Love calling the world to repentance, because oh how much do they need it!! But I still love the people with all my heart, That's my drive to share with everyone regardless where they are or what they look like.
Testimony get together. Last night we had an amazing experience. Wu momma invited us over for dinner. We got there and there was about 12 people there all were our new members and the bishop and his wife. It was cool to think that everyone in that room was a new member, not baptized more than a year. What and amazing feeling. Just to know of the support they all gave to each other. It was a great environment to be in. After we finished eating, we had a thankful party. We went around the room thanking the gospel for a change it's made in our life's. The Love shared in that room is unspeakable love. I couldn't even start to explain that love. Listening to how the gospel has changed all of their life's, and having the opportunity to share my personal experience, was a life changing experience. To see how much this gospel meant to these precious souls, or children of God. Parents disowning them, friends hating them, work friends mocking them, all in response to their decision of joining the church. I’ll will be forever moved and touched about this gospel and how it changes life's. It has absolutely changed and molded my life and made me what I’ve never even thought possible of becoming. I’m patient, loving, understanding or others, and just full of the spirit. I can't explain the feeling of being completely worthy in serving the Lord. Granted we all make mistakes, but the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. It heals the broken heart, and builds up those that need it!! I love my Savior, and will eternally be grateful for the change He has brought about in my life. I love my life, the time that I have to spend here in mortality is precious to me, and my view of how to spend it has completely changed. I have many, many hidden talents that I want to develop. I love playing the piano, singing, talking with others, understanding how my role in this gospel works. All are blessing since coming on the mission. This mission is necessary for all young men's salvation. it's the fastest improvement that needs to be made in order to progress towards eternal life. In this little sharing session I also learned of my love for the Taiwanese people. I love them more then I can explain with words. I hope my love for them is shown by my effort in bringing them the gospel of Jesus Christ. I also learned that I have an eternal friend and brother in Wu Guan Chen. I’ve always loved him and knew I wanted to see him for eternity. But lately my understanding and Love of and for him has taken a new level. I want you guys to meet all of my converts so bad. You'll love every single one of them. I just want them all to move to America so I can always see them. I love being around them. I don't want to leave Song Shan, I’ll be just grateful for the rest of my mission, if I stay district leader here in Song Shan with this ward. It's been a great calling.
The district is doing amazing. We are improving daily. We are the first district in the History of the Taipei mission for all companionship's getting the golden standard or more for new investigators. It's going great. The fire and desire in the district is enormous right now. It's been fun to try and just lead by example more than word. It's been working great. We've been really focusing of sanctification. Today is the first day of the new transfer. I’m staying in Song Shan with my trainee Elder Workman. But this transfers theme for the district I’ve come up with is. SANCTIFICATION-THE KEY TO POWER we will work on 100% complete sanctification and then I know we will become and stay sharp tools in the hands of the Lord. As I’ve sanctified myself more and more throughout my mission I’ve seen the Lords hand in my life and in the missionary work. I have a testimony of the reality of the father of the Son. I know they live. I know that because I’ve tried to sanctify myself and by doing so I’ve received answers and testimonies in ways that are sacred to me, and have allowed me to know, absolutely know without a single doubt that God lives. he loves us. And Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. We will come, and soon, this is why we must be prepared, be prepared to meet our Lord as he comes out of Heaven surrounded by concourses of Angels. I know I will be one to greet him into this world, and I hope and prayer everyday He will be able to take me in with loving arms. Like Enos, I know as I keep doing as I’m doing, The Lord will invite me into the rest of Heaven because He has prepared a place for me to live. I love being close with the Lord, I will never leave his side and in doing so I know I’ll always have the companionship of the Holy Ghost which is the most precious gift we can have in this life. I love my Lord and my God!!
The other day as I was praying I had the strongest feeling never to forget this language. Why there are two main reasons. The Lord has more work for me to do and I’ll never be done using this language to bring to past the immortality and eternal life of man. Also I could not live not being able to communicate with these loved ones I have met on my mission, and have helped come unto Christ. Just coming back to visit, and not being able to talk to Guan Chen or his mom, or the many others would put a dagger straight through my heart. I will continue the rest of my life to study this language.
Thank you family so much for all that you do. Just know that I’m having the time of my life. I’ve never been happier, and part of it is because you guys are all doing great too. So thank you for the example. I love all you guys so much. I pray for you every day I hope you feel my love for you!!
CHRISTMAS PACKAGE.
3 white dress shirts. For some reason all mine have been getting destroyed. I have 2 news ones I’ve just started wearing. But I think that should last me the rest of my mission. A letter from each of you would be nice in the Christmas package :D But other than that whatever is fine!!
I love you guys.
-Elder Brock Rasmussen
Keep up the hard work, the Lord is blessing us greatly. Keep thanking Him for the blessings ok!?