Sunday, November 14, 2010

Love is time, not money!!!

Hey Family, I love you guys so much!!! Thank you for everything that you do for me and for all the happiness that you guys bring to my soul. True happiness is what I see in the eyes of every one of you. If you could see my face every week I share the gospel and read your emails you would then too see true happiness. Truth of the week that I came up with.

Love is time, not money!!!

Taiwan is struggling with this. They are all about I love my kids so I’m willing to work all day everyday and not see them, but by being able to send a check home they will be able to feel my love for them!! We show love by the time we spend with our kids, not by the check we send home in the mail to them every week! It's sad, they don't even have a personal relationship with their parents. If you can't have a personal relationship how do you truly feel the love someone has for you. God, if we didn't talk with Him through prayer there is no way that we could feel of His love, and express our love for Him. Granted we have to show our love by works also, but the communication part is so, so, so, so, important. So the first thing I feel inclined to do is thank you mom and dad for being completely open to talk with me all through my teenage years. I thank you guys for always listening and giving me advice according to that which you thought would best help me. I also thank Josh, for the perfect friendship that he always offered toward me, I thank Cade for always listening and talking with me, Britton for always being there by my side, and Abby also for talking and hanging out with me. I have the best family. Thank you guys for everything!!

This week was an amazing week. The district is doing great. We are the first district in the history of the Taipei mission that all companionships got the golden standard for New Investigators. That was cool, not because I’m the district leader and want to boast, but because if you could see the efforts by every missionary in this district to serve the Lord you would be proud of them also. I love them so much, I’m so grateful for the opportunity to serve them and be by their side through anything. It's been a great calling to serve and learn with them. I've grown a lot these last 5 weeks. I've also grown closer with the Lord. I've started to understand the principle of personal revelation, and understanding the reality of prayer, and the power that it includes!! What an amazing opportunity I’m blessed with. Also next week we have 6 baptisms in the district. When two weeks ago we had another 7. Things are just happening. I’ll tell you right now something special is happening in the world and Taiwan right now. We are all inviting the first time we meet with someone to accept baptism. We are focusing on the doctrines of Christ, to help them repent and develop faith. It has been a huge change, as we've done what the prophets have asked us to do we are seeing huge jumps in the mission. Something special is happening, the second coming IS coming. Now is the time to prepare. We must not wait till the end. We need to share the gospel with all those around us. POST our testimony everywhere on the web, get commercials going on TV that the questions of the soul can be answered. This is the most important work that we can be involved in. It's so, so, so important. We need the spirit of NOW. Go and do now, to bring to past the immortality of man. How great is this calling. I love my life. I have been blessed with great faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, a testimony that is true and firm, and the things needed to be a sharp tool in the hand of the Lord. I plan on getting sharper and sharper every day of my mission and the rest of my life. I love the principle of improvement or progression. The only true way is to humbly go about doing the work of the Lord!!! I love it!

This next week we will have another baptism. Peggy, Sister Li. She is amazing, probably one of the most prepared souls I've ever ran into. She has been loving the gospel, it's nice to see the drive and want of the gospel from someone, when everyday uncountable times we see the gospel be taken as a thing of not!! It's sad that the perfect gospel of Jesus Christ is taken as a foolish tradition, or things of no use, when in reality it’s the only thing of USE!

The other day I met a Christian on the street. He wanted to meet with us and prove that the godhead is one God. Also that our church was false, because we believe the God head is 3, that we are denying the truthfulness of the Bible. So he set up a time and said I’m meeting with you because I want to prove you wrong. So we studied up our Bible and Book of Mormon. We put together a very good lesson plan of things we wanted to share that would show that it’s 3 persons, and that the Bible and Book of Mormon are the words of God. We planned to let him talk his point and show us why he believes that and not be argumentative at all. He showed up and the first thing he asked was a very argumentative question, but we just worked around it, and then we sang a song to start and said a prayer. We just very calmly asked him can you share your point of view with us. (Because truly I wanted to know his view) he shared, and then we got to work with the spirit of the Lord. We shared a non-stop chain of scriptures telling us what the "we are one means" about the Book of Mormon be prophesied of and all. We went on for 40 minutes. I tell you what, there was an actually change in that man’s heart. From defending his church and trying to prove us wrong to saying well if I were to figure it out I would join this church. I testify that the Bible is the word of God, because when I read it I get the feeling, the same feeling that I received when I found out without a doubt that Jesus is the Christ, that God is our Eternal Heavenly Father. I also know the Book of Mormon is used for confounding false doctrine, and it did just that. He had received a fair chance to meet the truth. The spirit was present and the Lord bore testimony to him it’s true, I know He did!! We invited him if you want to join God's church and learn more we invite you to call us and continue to meet with us. He said I’ll have to think about it. But it was an amazing opportunity we had not to bible bash but to share the truth of what God has revealed and it worked out amazing. It was a great lesson!!

This week in district meeting I picked to talk about my favorite subject. FAITH!! Wow was it not an amazing district meeting. The spirit filled the room and allowed all of us missionaries to be lifted up above that of what we were when we started the meeting. The fire and passion in that meeting was amazing!! I can't explain it, you would have had needed to be there!! It was unreal, it was absolutely the spirit of God filling the room, enlightening us. We talked about the spirit of NOW and how important is the work that we are involved in. How we need to raise the expectations and go to work. Not just work, but complete exertion in the hand of the Lord, and when we feel we have no more energy, we need to pray to the Lord for that extra energy, get up and keep working. This is the work and gospel of Jesus Christ. It waits for no one and those that aren't willing to jump on board right now at this exact time, they will be left behind. Thank you family for being on the band wagon. But I challenge you with me, to get on more fully. But fully be on the band wagon, and don't get off for any reason at all, it's not worth it I promise. But I can also testify being fully on is a feeling like none other. You will have a fullness of joy from head to foot. You will start to be full in the Lord Jesus Christ. You will see miracles, and be a tool in the hand of the Lord. Start truly preparing for your missions brothers and sister. Study the scriptures with all your heart, might, mind, and strength. Become a living Preach My Gospel. Don't follow the ways of the world. Live according to the standards that Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior has given us. Stay as far away from the cliff as possible. Don't even experiment with it. I don't care what kid makes fun of you for not watching that movie, or not doing that stupid thing!! The Lord will always love you, so will your family. You don't need friends that aren't willing to support you in righteousness!! I know these things are true. I know Satan is real, and he's a powerful force........For those that choose to let him be!! I know he's not though because although he tempts me every day, I have all the power in the world through the priesthood and through being perfectly obedient to crush his head and send him back to where he belongs. That's a place of misery!! Please I beg of you prepare now, put on your armor and be a tool in the hands of the Lord.

I love you guys so much thank you for all you've done for me!!

This church is true, I know It...

Love.
Elder Brock Rasmussen