Sunday, September 12, 2010

This week has been another amazing week in Song Shan!

Hey Family!!!!

Glad to hear that things are going well and that you are all doing well. I know that the Lord is protecting you and helping you guys through life, never forget that, because the second that we forget the Lord in our lives is when we start having trials. Because God gives us trials to humble us so we will always remember him and always do what he has asked us to do!!

This week has been another amazing week in Song Shan. We saw miracle after miracle!! We ended the week with 13 new investigators and have 11 baptismal dates. The Lord has truly been blessing us and allowing us to find those people that want to be baptized. We still have to help most of them have a very set study schedule to help them receive their own testimony but they are on their way to making promises with the Lord their redeemer. It's been great to come back here as a Senior Companion, It's also been amazing to work with my Companion Elder Van Wagoner. He is a great missionary, He just loves the work and is willing to contact all day and talk to people. I've found when I've had an elder that likes to do that we find success and the Lord blesses us for that effort. This place truly is the promised land and It's not going to die off like last time, Through the Lord's help we are going to build up this place so whomever comes in here will have a ton a people to teach and people to find on the streets, it will be a never ending place for missionaries to come and help souls come unto Christ.

We have just been following Preach My Gospel exactly and people have been setting baptismal dates left and right. It's amazing what happens when you follow the teaching of the prophets. Preach My Gospel is amazing, it has changed my mission and my outlook on life. I love learning from it. It has helped us teach to the needs of Investigators and understand how we can help them feel the spirit, not just teach them a lesson. It's been really cool to see the changes in reaction with the investigators now as it's all 100 percent according to their needs. We begin teaching in a specific way to clarify expectations and see what they want out of meeting us. Also we help them understand what we want them to get out of it (BAPTISM) So after that we set a date and say as long as you know these things are true, are you willing to follow the example of Jesus Christ and allow someone holding his priesthood authority baptize you. It has been great, because it lays out very clearly why we are meeting with them, and we also know why they are allowing us to share with them. It's been really powerful, it has been some of the most spiritual lessons I've been involved in..

Elder Daniels (who is the assistant now), they came to Song Shan for exchanges He came with us, and Elder Berry (the other assistant) went with the other set of elders. It was so good to do work with him again. He is a stud. I learn so much from him. We stayed up till like 1 talking about the direction of the mission and things president has been really focusing on lately. About finding, short lessons, and helping investigators feel and recognize the spirit. He was saying how there are some missionaries who are only getting 5 lessons a week and districts and zones that aren't getting the amount of New Investigators that our companionship is getting alone. He says that these places just don't have the vision and fire right now. But they went down there for one night and found 5 new investigators and set 2 baptismal dates. So there is people down there, just the thoughts of the missionaries is still wrong, all about things just are different down here, and there aren't as much people. So the president is really working on changing that thought process to get the whole mission on the same page. But the mission is improving by leaps and bounds. It's cool to see the teaching methods changing and the amount of new people with baptismal dates coming in. It's a beautiful sight to have a board full of people wanting to work toward baptism.

Wu Mom is doing amazing. She is coming to church every week, reading and praying every day. The other day she was talking about how she has changed so much because of the Church, and pretty much preaching how great it is. She will absolutely be baptized... I love her so much, she is just like my Taiwanese mom, she takes care of us so well. Always feeding us and doing stuff for us. I want you guys to meet their family so bad. I was meant to meet Guan Chen and his family!! When we come back to Taiwan I want to bring you guys to meet them, you guys will absolutely love them!

A cool experience, I pulled a kid riding on his bike over and started to teach him. He asked me what church we were, I said the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He said oh Latter-Day that must mean that there was a before also right? Haha that was the sweetest question I’ve ever heard, it's also the exact question you want to hear. It's the first time I’ve ever heard that connected by a Taiwanese person. But I went through the apostasy with him and the restoration. He understood it so well. He was just like oh ok, so this church has the authority and the others don't, I was like yup! It was really cool, he was like relaying everything I was teaching him into his own words and it was all right it was a very spiritually uplifting experience. He set up for this Tuesday. He said he would be baptized when he knows but just now willing yet to set a baptismal date, he wants to understand it more first. But it was a great lesson. He said the closing prayer right there on the side walk, the first one he's ever said and it was great.

This last week was crazy, I also went on exchanges with the district leader. We found so so so many people. I could not even count because there was so many. We set up 5 families to meet with this week. So I’m so excited to meet with these families and get an opportunity to help a family together get baptized, sealed, then live together in the celestial kingdom.

I don't even know how to explain all the things that are happening right now. All I can say is that it has nothing to do with my power or how good we are. It’s all by the hand of the Lord. I’m so grateful to be a humble servant in his hand. I know that whatever He asks me to do, if done, will see a miracle. I've seen so very many miracles and know I’ll continue to see them as I’m obedient, and diligent in the work. I know this work is true, it's real. People are prepared and EVERYONE needs the gospel.

I love My Savior Jesus Christ! I've grown to know him very well. I know that he atoned for my sins and every single person’s. I know that this is his work and nobody else’s. I know that Satan is real; I also know that temptation is powerful. But I know even more that the power of God and his Son Jesus Christ will overcome anything and I mean ANYTHING. I love them; I will continue to serve them with all my heart, might, mind, and strength!! This gospel is so true; I can't and won't deny it.

I love you guys so much,

Thank you for all the support.

Love your son and Elder Brother

Elder Rasmussen!!