Monday, September 27, 2010

God had Precisely Prompted 5 People in Order to Give His Daughter a Chance to Meet Him!

Hey my Stud of a Family!!!!!

How are you guys doing?

Sounds like you all are doing great. You guys are all healthy and doing good things with your life. Keep up the good work, the Lord is blessing us greatly. Always be grateful for these great gifts and opportunities the Lord is giving us!

This week was awesome; the Lord blessed us all day every day!! We ended the week with 15 baptismal dates, 22 lessons with members present, and 10 new investigators!! It was an awesome week. We ended the week with a total of 32 lessons. This is only our 4th week in a white washed area, things are exploding here. The Lord is blessing us for our dedicated hard work. It’s amazing to see the Lord's hands in all that we do and say. I know the only way we are having this success is because of the Lord and His willingness to guide us in His work here on earth. Not only is 32 lessons very hard to reach the first transfer after white washing an area, we had 3 baptismal interviews yesterday. All three of them passed and will be baptized next week. Brother He, Brother Qu, and Sister Xu (Wu Momma). It was so cool to have 3 people just lined up to have their interviews and as each and every one of them came out from being interviewed smiling we just all were so excited as they each said were good. Next week is going to be a special week.

Wu Guan Chen was so happy that his mom is getting baptized. She has asked me to help her be baptized, I was honored it has been an amazing thing 7 months ago to see her absolutely not liking the church at all, taking a book of Mormon and ripping it in half, into preparing for baptism. She has changed so much it has been an amazing thing to see. The other day we needed to meet with her because her original baptismal date was for the 10th of October but here that is when we watch general conference, so we couldn't do it then. We met with her and were going to ask her if a week earlier she wanted to be baptized. So I asked her in the lesson, Wu Momma are you ready to be baptized? She just looked at me and said YES! Man I was so excited and so happy for her. I knew she was too, and I knew that the Lord also knew that she was ready to be baptized. After her interview I was talking to her about the temple and how she can be baptized for her Son that passed away, she was excited about that! Yesterday was an awesome day!

Amazing Experience!!

So it was Tuesday and we were eating around 6 pm in the church. At 7:15 pm there is an institute class that was starting that night. A member Sister Liu came in at 6:30 pm which is really early. She said she didn't know why she came in early. But soon we found out that we know exactly why she came in early because the Lord had a miracle being set up that night. All of a sudden my companion gets a feeling we have to go outside we can find someone. So we ran outside, saying a prayer in the Elevator on the way down. I was looking around to see who to contact. I saw a mom pushing a stroller. She had made it across the cross walk already so I literally sprinted (using my 100 year old missionary body, I’m surprised it didn't break down sprinting) over to get to her. I was like hey how are you? She was good. I said I have the most important message you will ever here it is about your family. I need to share it with you, she said right now. I was like Yes! So she accepted an invite right then and there to go up to the church and sit down and listen to the gospel of Jesus Christ. There was a major problem though, yes the Lord had blessed us and planned for the miracle by having a member come 30 minutes early in order to help us with the lesson. But because she is a woman we needed to Women to be present in the lesson in order to teach her. So what do we do, we don't have another Sister? I called Sister Liang but she didn't answer. I ran to the end of the road thinking of what do to. I looked to my left and Saw Sister Liang walking across the road. I just thanked God. He put two Sisters in our way in order to teach this new mom Sister Huang. I was like Sister Liang, you are a miracle we need to come help us, she gladly accepted. So we went up to the church and sat down with her. Found out that 2 years ago or so she was in a park and a missionary gave her a Book of Mormon, she had never had a chance to open it but she remembers the missionary saying that the church was around here, he never told her where just that it was around here. She said she never had contacts with the missionaries after then. But that night when she was at home she had a feeling to just go on a walk with her little kid. So she strapped up the stroller and started walking. She said the spirit (she said it in other words but I knew it was the spirit) led her to walk in that direction. She was across the cross walk when she was thinking well that young missionary told me there was a church around her, I think it's right around her? Right as she thought that I sprinted up to her side and Said Ni Hao (hello). She received an answer right then and there that Heavenly Father is mindful of all of his children. She believes that there is a God, but doesn't know who He is. So we had an opportunity to open up her knowledge and start to know that she can and will have a relationship with God. When we relayed the idea that my companion had a thought or prompting to run outside also, she told us that she knew this was God allowing her to run into us. Isn't that crazy, God prompted all of us to go outside. But the thing is he prompted her a little earlier to allow her to get ready and start walking, then right when she passed the church God told my companion and I, get outside I have a miracle set up for you!! It is amazing how God works. I know that this is the Lord's work, because this kind of thing isn't possible if it wasn't by the hand of the Lord. God had precisely prompted 5 people in order to give his daughter a chance to meet him, and know she can return to live with him!! This isn't just chance, nothing that happens on a mission or in life (If we are living righteously) is chance!!! I’m grateful that me and my companion have lives in harmony with the rules of the mission and have been dedicated servants of the Lord and the Lord has been trusting us with his children!! I Love my Savior and Redeemer!

This last week there was a leadership training meeting. The Zone leaders from Xin Zhu (the last area I served in) were up. The meeting is two days so they need a place to stay and do missionary work for the night! So I got a call from the Assistants (elder Daniels) He said I got good news for you. We are sending missionaries home with other missionaries for the night. He told me that they were coming with us. He then continued to tell me that their zone has been struggling and not really getting anything done regarding helping investigators!! He told me, let them see miracles, and give them fire. I was so excited. That night we saw many miracles. We pulled 2 people off the street that were willing to just go to the church with us and allow us to share the gospel with them, along with many, many others who were willing to set up or give us our numbers. That night as we discussed with them what was going on down in Xin Zhu, they were crazy dumbfounded what was going on in our area and how we were having so much success. My Companionship alone had more new investigators and lessons then their whole zone combined. It just goes to show when you have the power of the Lord and are willing to work the Lord will allow you to see miracles. It's a simple recipe!! Faith+Unity+will of God=Miracles We have all 3 right now, not to be cocky, but to say that we are two humble servants of the Lord that are willing to give ourselves and all to the Lord and his work!! It has been an amazing experience to be a part of and allow my testimony to grow of the savior and his hand in all the things that we do. It has been a life changing experience and will continue to be as long as I know that it isn't my work at all. That everything I do is because the Lord is allowing me to do it!!

Another cool experience. We went and met with the Su Family. They are doing well. We taught them about the spirit through prayer, and watched the restoration with them!! It was awesome; the brother was talking about how he has been getting a warm good feeling as he reads the scriptures. We helped him understand that that is the Holy Ghost. We talked about how after baptism you can have that with you every day, he was so excited. It's been so amazing to see these 2 progress and really see that they want to do this. They ended up not being able to make it to church. But they are doing well, and we'll help them understand how they can find a way to make it to church and continue to do what the Lord wants them to do!!

This last week was the mid autumn Festival. So everyone barbecues. Wed Night we had the chance to eat with a member. It was so so, so good. Then Sunday night we also were able to eat at Wu Mommas house. The way they do barbecues is actually pretty good. They don't just slab a huge piece of meat on the grill. They have slices and they wrap them around vegetables and stuff. It's amazing!!

We had a fun opportunity this last week. We met with 3 members. Sister Liang, Sister lin, and Xiao Gugu! We wanted to help them know how to share the gospel. So we set up a time to meet with them, shared a message from Preach My Gospel. Then we had them each right down a friend of Family Member that they want to share the gospel with. We had them go One by One. We had them explain to us everything that was going on in that person’s life Including their work, family, relationship with you, and everything else they could. I played the role of their friend or family member and they took the role of Missionary and had to share the gospel with me. We had them try it, then we gave them an example of how they could do it. It was really spiritual it allowed them to understand that it is important to open their mouths and it helped them understand how they can start to open their mouths. It turned out great. They got knew ideas how to share. We told them to take this person’s name home and prayer about it, then look through the scriptures or through your thoughts for an answer about how to help this person hear the gospel. I’ve had the chance to follow up with one of them, they said during their prayer they had some thought what they could try. We are going to try and do this with the ward more to get all of the members involved in all aspects of missionary work. This ward is amazing at taking care of the investigators we bring to church, but we want them to start bringing investigators of their own to church. So I’m excited. We got it passed we talked to the MM-Leader. Every Saturday 1 pm to 3 pm we are holding a training meeting. We are inviting all members we are going to teach them why, how, and them go do. We are literally going to take them outside and have them share with everyone the gospel. It's going to be a interesting experience, I’m so stoked for this opportunity to help the members do what they are supposed to do, that is to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with EVERYONE!!!!

Also we have a investigator Sister Bella Huang! She hasn't been answering her phone lately so we haven't had an opportunity to contact her for over a week. Randomly we were getting ready to head out on our bikes, and my companion says hey call Bella, I don't know why but I just had that feeling. So I quickly called her, another small miracle that before my mission who have been forgotten, but now very happy of being a part of. She answered, and told us that she has been sick, but this Saturday she would come and meet with us!! The Lord knows all, and is mindful of the time of all and how to help them continue to have chances to accept his gospel and allow his servants to run into prepared people!!! This work is amazing.

Last week I ran into a mom and her 18 year old daughter on the street. We set up for a dinner appointment 2 days later. So we met up and some really, really interesting things happened. We went to KFC. Turns out that she is a member and has been baptized, but her daughter hasn't yet and is a member of another church (they don't eat meet on Fridays in her church!! But it was Friday and she was eating KFC I thought that was kind of Ironic), and they brought along a friend. We sat down and started eating them discussing about the gospel. All of a sudden I hear, I know him. He is Christian too. So she invited this random guy to come over and join our gospel discussion. Turns out that he was pretty interested and started asking very, very good questions. All are simple to understand. The main one we focused on was the God Head. It's not 3 names 1 person It's 3 names 3 people. God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I simply said, OK think about this for a minute. When Jesus Christ was baptized, he was immersed completely by water right? He said Yes. I said OK then what happened, a Voice from Heaven said, this is my beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased!! OK key word son!! I asked him them would you call your own self Son? Are you your own son? He said no, I said then do you think that Jesus Said to Himself I am my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased (or simply I pleased with myself) I was like that would be weird first of all, and it's not true. I know they are separate because of this and another special experience. Then we shared the Restoration. It was simple. I love how any question that other churches have about our church is easily answered if they will just listen and learn. The LDS Church here in Taiwan is heavily attacked by all others. A lot of people don't like our church. But it still stands strong against the power of the Evil One!!! The church is the only bright thing that Taiwan has left. Just like the rest of the world, it is all going to burn because the Second Coming is almost here. It is a crazy thing to see how evil the world is getting. But everything about our church that is said here in Taiwan is all just from false accusations and thoughts and feelings about our church.....I think it's funny that the church of Christ is so heavily attacked when no other church is. Then I remember that because everything other then The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is of the devil. There is no half and half. You can’t be on the fence. Because once you are on the fence you've picked the side of Satan. There is two ways. Christ or Satan. Which one will we choose? I know what I’ve chosen, and my family and friends also. I hope we all will keep it that way also!!

Also another funny thing, my companion was contacting a way good guy the other day on a scooter at a red light. He gave him our track with our name on it. He was about to right down the number of the guy and a crazy white guy drove up on his scooter and ripped the track out of the man’s hand and started yelling at him in English to get out of there and not listen to us. My companion calmly kind of with a snicker to his tone asked the man in Chinese if he understood what he was saying. He of course said no. But the white guy grabbed the man’s hand and said get out of here. I then came over and was like What’s up!! He said get out of here, leave the Chinese people alone. The effect of the free agency of this white person was that Chinese man has to wait longer to hear the gospel. It's sad that because of someone’s Free Agency others are greatly affected. It can be a great thing, but it's sad when it's for the bad. I’ve never been filled with so much anger and never felt like I wanted to go take someone out so much in my entire life. but that anger turned into sadness because I knew that that white man and his friend were lost in life. They were well into their 30's just hanging out in Taiwan, Not married, No goals, and NO LIFE. I wanted to help them, but knowing their hearts were taken over by the Devil I knew I had no way too. So hopefully they will repent and humble themselves and come unto Christ!!

Well family that was some of the cool things or interesting things that happened this past week. I love you guys so much.

I know God lives!!! I know he loves each and every one of Us.

Love you guys,

Elder Rasmussen!!!!