Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's Been Cool to Set Big Goals and See Them Accomplished Through the Lord!

Hey you guys!!!!

It was a crazy sweet week full of miracles!!! We ended on the week with 17 baptismal dates, 28 lessons, and 13 New Investigators. This is only the 3rd week after whitewashing an Area. Literally the Lord has blessed us left and right, I don't even know how to explain it other than the fact that we are just being obedient, working together in unity, and seeing Miracles!! It has been an amazing experience in my life. It has been amazing to rely wholly on the Lord Jesus Christ and do all I can in my power. It's been cool to set big goals with my companions which everyone is kind of doubting around us and seeing them accomplished through the Lord and seeing all these people coming unto the Savior through His atonement and receiving baptism and the Holy Ghost.

Wu Guan Chen's Mom is doing amazing. She reads every morning and night also prayers every morning and night. She is bearing testimony to us how much the gospel has changed her life and how much she has seen in change Guan Chen's life. She is the cutest lady. She always feeds us; she has been making homemade fries and fried chicken for us. They probably are the best fries I've ever had and the chicken is amazing. She puts on a seasoning that I've never tried before, it is unbelievably good. She is progressing very, very well.

Brother Qu, he is going to Australia in a couple of weeks but really wants to be baptized. A year ago he met with missionaries and we found in while going through old records. He has been prepared. He full on committed to living all the commandments and progressing toward baptism. He will get baptized in the coming weeks....He just has to continue to come to church, continue to repent and feel the power of the Atonement and read/pray every day. He had a cool experience in his life where he felt the spirit very strong during a prayer and knows these things are true. He is the man, I love working with him. He recently this week just brought his friend so his friend can start learning these things also. During the lesson his friend was confused on a part and Brother Qu (being an investigator) explained why to him and he really understood after that, it was cool to hear my companion tell me about that (I was on exchanges so I wasn't in on that lesson). But he is doing spectacular....

We met a new mom that is amazing. Sister Chen she is 31 and has 2 kids. I contacted her while out on the streets. She was picking up her 3 year old from school. She was awesome. She set right up and said we could come visit her. So 3 days later we went to her house, but because of her house being inconvenient with people sleeping we taught her outside on a bench. it was interesting because us three knelt down on the ground to teach her while she was sitting on the bench with her 1 1/2 year old daughter. (I’ll tell you what after that lesson I tried to stand up and almost fell my knees were so feeble. I had no power, kneeling that long hurts you, or I’m just getting old I don't know, either one it hurt very bad) But we taught her about the blessings the gospel brings the family, she was just smiling the whole time. We found out that she is a professional dancer. She is awesome. We asked her when she knows these things are true will she be baptized by the proper authority of God, she said yes. Then we set a 10/24/10 date with her. She is amazing. She is so willing and just happy in life. That was a huge miracle and makes me so happy to know that a mom has the chance to come unto the gospel and then lead the rest of her family to receive the blessing of this gospel. Next time we will try to get the husband to come with us, he was busy with things that day though.

Thomas, he is from Malaysia. He is probably the most handsome dude I've ever seen, I’m not even kidding. He is 22 and he is a model (or does advertisements) His English and Chinese are both pretty much fluent. We taught him, and asked him why he is willing to meet with us, or what he wants to get out of this. He said he wants to learn something new, and see if it can help his life. We asked him his concept of God, he said It doesn't matter if It's Buddha or the Christian God all is good, and if they teach you to do good it’s alright.....right? He said this in a way that was a question and it was very humble the way he asked it, as if he wanted to know the real answer. So we were able to help him understand that the only way is through the only Living God, and His Son Jesus Christ. He really understood that, then we invited him once you know this God, and Believe these things are true, Will you be baptized by the proper authority on 10/24/10 He also accepted the invite. He was so willing to do these things. He doesn't have a cell phone so it's kind of hard to follow up with him, but the cool thing is he is calling us and setting up times, which means that he actually has desire to learn and study these things. He is another miracle the Lord blessed us with!!

The Su Family, They are a family of 3. The two kids 27 years old older brother and 23 year old younger sister. They both are doing well. We had Wu Guan Chen come to the lesson with us, because they have no friends. They were so excited to see a friend and meet someone new, instead of just playing games all day. I think that having him there really helped them open up and they seemed a lot happier. So now we know, we need to get them to come to church and they will love it because there they can meet a lot of friends and feel the love of the members. The son has a body condition where he is sick and needs medicine so it's hard for the family. None of them have a solid work; they are all being supported by their ageing mother with no father. His work right now is holding a cardboard bulletin outside all day long. It requires him only to work on Saturday and Sunday, which means that right now he can't come to church. So we helped him understand the importance of church and how we need to go to worship God. He committed to looking, with the Lords help, for a Job that will allow him Sunday night to go to church. It was a good lesson, and I think he's sincere in trying. He hasn't been reading lately though but I called him to follow up and he recommitted to start reading and praying every single day...They are great people, who need the Lord Jesus Christ in their life so much.

There are some updates on some of our investigators.

Spiritual moment of the week,

We were out contacting and I saw a younger woman about mid 20's so I went and said Hi. She said Hi. I told her I have a very, very important message I need to share with her. She said OK. So we sat down on a bench and started talking. She was 27 years old and she didn't have a specific religion and didn't really believe in God all that much. I talked to her about prayer how it really is communication!! I then bore specific humble testimony saying, I know God lives, I know him and have a relationship with him. She got a stunned look on her face and looked at me, she said you know him? I said yes. She said have you seen him, I said no..Then she was like how do you know him them. I said can you see the wind? She said No. Then I said, do you know wind exists. She said Yes, I said why, She said because you can feel it. I said can you see it. She said No. I was like that is the exact same way I know God exists, I know without a doubt and cannot deny his existence because I've felt it through the power of the Holy Ghost. She was in Awe; I told her that you can to have a relationship with God. She was a little hesitant to believe. So I said OK let’s say a prayer. I said the prayer and invited for the spirit to be with us, and for Sister Feng to now the truthfulness of what I was about to share. (I testify at this time that I was a humble servant of the Lord this 30 minutes, I had the power of God with me, and the power to convince in the Name of Christ through the power of the Holy Ghost) I told her that is how it is, I once again testified, I know God lives. She asked me how old I was. I said 20 She was like no way, you are way to mature. I just said yes that's true I am, but it's because I know my purpose in life, and exactly what I’m doing I have no question about the direction of my life. You see 20-30 year olds out partying thinking they are having fun, but in reality they are trying to make up, through temporary happiness and excitement, the Lack of true inner peace that they oh so desire. This is why I’m truly happy, I don't need to go party, I know my purpose in life, I know why I’m here, and What I’m doing!! She then with a smile on her face, clapped her hands, and said OK I’m Convinced. She was like, no one has ever been able to convince me like you are right now. I humbly told her that it's not me, I’m just a humble servant of the Lord doing what I’m supposed to do. She said, you are amazing. I just smiled and said you too can know God. If you Know God, and learn that these things are true will you be willing to Follow the Example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood power of God? She said yes of course. She then asked me what is the purpose of life. I asked her, I don't know what do you think the purpose of life is? She said, To Love my Family, Make money, and be happy. I was like OK if you had all the money in the world that would be awesome right, then she smiled and said yeah!! OK if you had all the money, you loved your parents, and were "happy" then what? She said you just live life well. Then I once again said, “Then What?” She was like I don't know. I testify there is a deeper, true purpose to life and that's what we are here to share. The only happiness you get from money is temporary, then needing to buy bigger and better stuff to keep happy. It will fail you!! We need true inner peace which comes only in and through Jesus Christ. I said I don't have a girl friend, I don't drink smoke or anything, I don't party, I don't watch TV, or listen to the radio, Most people would say that is a boring life. But I have never been happier before, It's because I’m doing what the Lord wants me to do. She was like, I know you happy, I asked her how. She said your eyes glow happy, and you can feel it!! I once again testified because I know my purpose and put all my trust in the Lord. She said OK just tell me the purpose of life. I said that is for you to find out. So I asked her if you know these things are true and you understand this purpose of Life and what you need to do to follow Jesus Christ, Will you be baptized on 10/24/10, She said yes. (The weirdest thing then happened, I had the strongest prompting as if a voice it's self, tell me to ask her what is the biggest question in your life) So without thinking, I asked her, What is your biggest question in life. She looked at me, and said about anything? I said yes. She said you can't make fun of me, I said I won't.....she then with a smile wiped off her face and a very sad serious look on her face she looked at me and said how do I know if someone truly loves me? a scripture in 1 Nephi 11 immediately popped into my head, so I flipped to it and shared it with her. It's about the Love of God being the most desirable above all other love, and how it brings happiness to the soul. So if your with someone and it truly brings happiness to your soul that is love. She looked at me and said, you are amazing. Could you answer anything with that book. (I was just thanking God the Entire time for helping me answer that question) I said, this book is perfect and it will give you answers to your life. It will also help you know the truth of these things. So I gave her Moroni 10:3-5 to take home and read and prayer about these things. She was so excited to go home and read the Book of Mormon!! (During this contact with her, I have never felt so powerful yet so humble at the same time. I literally felt as it says in the Book of Mormon many times being filled with the spirit that you can't be restrained. I felt literally I was so in tuned with the spirit that anything I told her would come to past.) This was an amazing experience the Lord allowed me to be apart of and help one of his daughters come unto Him. I will never forget this experience!!!! I’m so grateful I am a tool in the hand of the Lord!

I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know the only true road to happiness it through the Only Atoning sacrifice known to man which was accomplished by our Perfect Older Brother, Even the Lord Jesus Christ. I testify that He knows me, and I know him. I testify that through prayer and the power of the Holy Ghost I have felt the comforting love of his arms wrapped around me. I know as sure as I life that this is HIS work, and the only way to do it is through Him!! I know that we see miracles as we trust him, are worthy, obedient and get to work!!!! I know his will is to help us all return to live with Him again, I know I’m right in the middle of that road right now. I will return to live with him, along with my family and future wife and kids. Families are eternal, I will see my little Brother Trey again, Satan is not going to stop me from having that opportunity to see him again. God lives, He provided a way to save us, Now lest accept that way and do what we are ought to do!!! Trust the Lord, Follow His commandments, Repent of our Sins, and Share the Gospel!! This gospel Its true!!! I say these things in the Name of the only one that can call this His gospel, that is in the Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen!!

I love you guys so much!!!!

Have another great week, I keep you guys in my prayer and hope you feel my love for you guys all the way across the world because it’s stronger than ever.

-Elder Rasmussen :D