How are you guys doing!!!! I hope you’re doing great, you guys sound great.
About the garbage can thing. I’m doing that after my mission. Think about it Steve and I averaged about 20 dollars an hour, if you work 5 hours a day that's 100 a day, 5 days a week 500 a week, 2000 a month and 24000 a year. That is a pretty good wage!! So that's what I’m planning on doing. But for Josh, just tell them don't slack at all. Steve and I kinda slacked some days, if it was hot we only wanted to work for 2 or 3 hours. Make a set plan; set goals how much money you want to make, spend the time you need to spend making these goals. Make a plan, use a time-line, prayer and then do all you can to accomplish that goal. Make sure you have a plan, treat it like your starting a real business, because it can be if you treat it like that!! And you'll make plenty of money there is a simple equation for this job. Time Input + Dedication = Money outcome. So yeah, it’s a great idea, I really am going to do it when I get back. "Just have Faith, and Go Do!" :D
Is there any way in the package you can send that same teeth whitener stuff. Also whatever you think seems fit. I don't really need anything. But yeah, maybe a lot of Strydex would be good!!!
I’m doing fantastic. We are having a lot of fun while working hard at the same time, it’s a wonderful mix. But this last week we worked hard, and found some success but the Lord really blessed us with a bunch of miracles at church. To name a few....There is a kid named josh who is 12 years old his parents haven't let us teach him yet, he comes to church yesterday and we find out we can teach him now, and they want him to get ready to be baptized in a couple of weeks so that was amazing, then a random lady showed up, apparently one of use called her and invited her to church so she came so that was another miracle, one of our recent converts brought a family member who has interest, Brother Zhang had his 13 year old son come who hasn't been willing to come since I got here, and we are going to start teaching him the lessons too. Just to name a few, the Lord really blessed our efforts during the week. It was great.
But yeah like I said last p-day we went golfing again. I found out if you go before 2 then it’s cheaper. So yeah that was sweet. But I totally got my swing back I was so happy. Then like the pictures I sent you, I was watching these two guys swing and it wasn't great, so I went over and asked if I could help them. I showed them some things I’ve studied over watching Tiger Wood’s swing among others and practicing it. They actually really improved; it was cool to see that. I love teaching, and I love the Look when someone is confused or trying to figure something out and they finally get it and it clicks. It happens a lot when teaching through the Holy Ghost, they are confused then it just clicks. but yeah that was really cool.
On Tuesday we had our last district meeting with Elder Davies and Elder Youd - that was interesting. It was really fun! I’m going to miss having two sets of missionaries in this ward. But now it's just the two of us. It was great! They both sang a song for the district. They sang Sisters of Zion to A time is far spent tune. It was funny! We were all laughing pretty hard. It's crazy to see 2 missionaries going home, and my trainer Elder Bishop dies this transfer. Man, it just made me realize that time flies. But it's up to us what we make use of it. So yeah make good use of your time. But yeah, I’m loving my life, I’m so happy. It's so fun to talk to the many different kinds of personalities on the road, getting the many different kinds of rejections and the many different kinds of people that are willing to set up and allow us to teach them.
It is an interesting world. It's really cool to think that we are the chosen generation to prepare the world for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. It's a crazy thought it's that close. But you look at the world and you can know it's that close. The things going on these days are unbelievable to me. You have 12, 13 year old kids smoking, every time you buy a drink at a convenient store you can't look at the counter or you'll be horribly blinded and scared by the things of the world, people with no patience, kindness, or love toward one another. All the violence and worldly disasters. It's closer then we think, and like it's said in the Scriptures it will come like a thief in the night - that is if we aren't prepared. I know that's my purpose as a missionary to help people come unto Christ and prepare for the glorious Second Coming of the Son of God our Savior, Jesus Christ. What a wonderful time it will be to see Him come out of the clouds with concourses of angels singing in praises. As we look to him with perfect hope of eternal life, I can't help but smile and thank Him and my Eternal Father in Heaven for allowing me this opportunity to come on a mission. I can't wait to see Trey again! I know that through Jesus Christ I will, I know right now he is involved and interacting in the same work that I’m doing right now, it's just in a different area. This work is so important, we all need to be involved so we can help as many people as possible come to know of the truth and receive the blessings of this restored gospel.
Sorry this isn't a way long letter, But, there is point I want to make to this writing of mine.
WE NEED MEMBER WORK TO BE DONE!!
We missionaries are trying the best we can; we have faith, patience, diligence, hard work, testimonies of the truth. But WE NEED MEMBER'S HELP!! If all you get from this email is this that is OK. Know two things I love my family, but I also love the Lord, and I know that to love the Lord is to share the gospel He has given us. It says in the scriptures to fast for those that don't have the gospel, and to mourn with those that morn. In the scriptures it talks about having the joy of the gospel so great, that they couldn't be stopped from sharing the gospel with those around us. Do we have that fire and desire? If not we need it, this gospel is too important to just think about ourselves, we've already received the blessing of the gospel, we need to know enhance those by sharing it!!! Find someone that isn't a member invite them!! Help the missionaries in our ward and our area have people to teach. If we members get involved then the entire world's missionary work will improve greatly. The only way Taiwan is going to improve is if the members start kicking it in gear and getting their friends to listen. Please set a good example for the world and go out your self's and literally Seek to Find!!! There are too many precious souls that need this gospel, but have not yet had a chance. Strengthen your understanding of Preach My gospel, so you can feel comfortable sharing about the gospel in a street situation, and then go use the stuff you learn. Study Chapter 9 in Preach My Gospel, it's about finding.
I sent a lot of pictures. Hopefully you got them all. Just know that pictures speak a thousand words.
I want you to know I know Jesus Christ lives!!
Love- Elder Rasmussen your Son, Brother and Friend