What is up!!!
Glad to hear the family is doing great. And I love the pictures!!!. you guys are sooooo awesome.
Another great week in the missionary field. Me and Elder Gania with the Lord's help are tearing this place up. It's going to be a really fun transfer. I can't believe it's already a week into it though, it's crazy how time flies by so fast if you’re busy and doing stuff you love. Something I’ve come to realize, whether we like it or not time will keep going, so now it's our duty to to what is best use of that time, because we only get each time period once, so we need to make the most of it. I’m so grateful that right now I’m on my mission serving the Lord, and using the best use of my time I could possibly be doing right now in my life.
Our Week...
Mon- We went to Costco and bought some things to eat, and we ate pizza there. Their pizza is so good. We just then got settled with the new companion and everything. It was a sick night, we went out to Nan Gan and did work. The Lord helped us teach 3 lessons on the street and find some good people that we will be able to teach and help progress. This night is when is started pouring rain and we got soaked.
Tues- We went contacting in Nai Hu, and ran into our recent convert that we haven't had the time to meet with a bunch because of his work, but he took us out to lunch. It was a sweet little miracle that happened. Then we just contacted and found a bunch of other people also. We planned the night before to teach one of our investigator's about the spirit. And a specific question we were going to ask him was the W words. Where, what, why, and when you feel the spirit. So we got to the lesson and he was sitting in on institute class. So we just sat in there with him. But the coolest thing happened. The teacher in the institute class asked that exact same question. It was such a cool miracle. My companion and I just looked at each other and couldn't stop smiling. Just shows that the spirit is the same across all those that are worthy and doing what they are supposed to do.
Wed- We went to buy a map of our area, and while we were there we ran into a kid that was 20 years old and was from Canada. It was sweet! We talked to him a little and invited him back the next day so we could give him an English book of Mormon. He is only going to be here for a week. But that was also a cool miracle to run into him. Something I’ve changed in my contacting, which has made it a lot better. As I talk to someone I picture them in white getting ready to get baptized. But the most powerful contacts I’ve had on my mission I'd say, was one with a guy that his legs were kind of crippled and he was on crutches and another man. I pictured them receiving perfect bodies and standing in the presence of God dressed in white as happy as could be. Those two contacts I felt the spirit fill my body and penetrate to theirs. Even though they didn't accept, I was sure I did what I could of giving them a chance and the Lord was pleased. It was way cool experience. But it's really helped me every contact to have more love for that specific person, and put all my heart into each and every contact. Another really cool experience -- We were on the train coming back from Xi Zhi. And I ran into a guy that stopped, and allowed me to talk to him. He was amazing, he was asking the connection between God and Death. I opened up the scriptures to the chapter Alma 40. The coolest thing then happened, I read 2 full verses in characters to find out where the death part was to share with him. I truly believe the Lord blessed me with the gift of tongues at that moment. It was the coolest thing ever. He was astonished by the power of the Book of Mormon, when I said I want to give you this book, He was stoked. He was like really I can have that book. He doesn't live in my area, but I believe the Lord will take care of him! It was a cool miracle to be a part of.
Thur- Man I love contacting. I couldn't contact all day long. It's so fun to teach the gospel on the street. You just have so many different situations you run into, but the coolest thing is every situation needs the gospel. But we were able to teach 6 lessons today, with 2 of them being new guys we haven't met with before. But I saw another miracle. I was on the street and contacting a lady. I asked her if she thought God existed. She said no. I asked her why not. She said because if there really was a God, then on earth He would have a religion. Haha I was like well, I can tell you that I know there is a God, because I know he does have a religion. Then I shared the first lesson, about Joseph Smith. She loved it. She believed it was true, and she also was very excited to receive a Book of Mormon. Then I asked her where she lived, and was sad to find out she wasn't in my area. But she lives in the area my old companion Elder Daniels is in. So I wasn't worried at all to send her over there. It was a way cool experience on the road.
Fri- Today was a very interesting day. We went to 101 In the morning to give Kevin his Book of Mormon, he said he won't promise that he'll read it. But the important part is now he has the power of the book of Mormon in his life. And if he reads it, it will start to change his life. But today was interesting. Man we got rejected a lot. But that's what’s makes it fun. It was a nice humbling experience for the Lord. He was like I’ve been given you guys too much success so here’s a wack in the side. But then at night we taught our recent convert, she's doing really good.
Sat- The Lord testing our faith on Friday paid off. Today was a huge day. We saw miracle after miracle. We taught 9 lessons today. We wrote the progress record in the morning, then right out the door I stopped a lady on her scooter and taught her the first lesson. Cool thing was a member randomly showed up and really helped me out in the lesson. The lady became really good as the member bore her testimony about the gospel. It was a awesome miracle. Then we went and sat down with the Lo family (The miracle less active family). We had a powerful lesson with them. They committed to start preparing to be sealed in the temple. It was the most amazing thing to see the whole family willing together to do this journey. Then that night we were out contacting and we contacted into a group of 4 girls and 1 boy who were all 13 years old. We were talking, turns out one of them is actually a less active family from our church. So that was miracle in of its self. But then somehow I made sure 3 of the girls would never smoke and made them promise me. Then the boy who was on a cell phone, went over behind some trees. I asked the girls if he smoked they said no. Then I looked over and he had a lit cigarette in his mouth. This kid is 13 years old, that is Cade’s age. So I rode around the trees to take it from him, because that is just not right. Then he went back by the group so I couldn't get to him on my bike through he trees. But a random mom was walking by with her two little girls. She's like what’s going on. I was like he’s smoking, 13 years old and smoking. She freaked out at him, it was so funny. She told him to through it away right now, and go home. Haha, you know when you were a kid and you know you’re doing something bad, then a parent calls you out, and you get that way embarrassed look on your face and don't say any more words. Yeah that’s what happened. But that’s just not acceptable, smoking is a huge problem here.
Sun- YEAH church. Cai who is in the military right now came, he is solid on baptism, he will get baptized this transfer. Then The Lo family also came to church. While playing the elevator game, the elevator opened and I saw their shining smiling faces. It was a beautiful sight, they were so happy to be back in church, I couldn't tell the Lord was happy also because of the feeling I got. It was a good day just because of the success at church. Man I love missionary work.
So yeah family I can’t wait to talk to you guys next weekend. I’ll email about it on next Monday. I’ll probably call my Monday morning so your mother’s day! But I can't wait to talk to you guys.
PS. The lord has been blessing my language a ton. It was like waking up over night and being able to understand and talk noticeably better. And my reading characters has really increased too. I know the Lord is in this work, because there is no way that just pretty much over night it could improve that much. I know the Lord is blessing me for my efforts. I really am giving my will to Him; I hope that in return I can become a true disciple of Jesus Christ.
I know this Church is true without a doubt.
Love-Elder Rasmussen