Hey this week we had p-day on wed because it's temple day. But next week it will be on Monday again.
Anyway, how have you guys been doing? I bet amazing as usual. I love reading from you guys and seeing how great your all doing at life. Thank you so much for being an amazing family.
I finally saw ROB!!!!! Yeah, it was so sick, we saw each other quite a ways down the road, I gave my bag to my companion and we ran to each other like little girls. Haha it was sweet, it was the best hug I’ve gotten in a while (haha, just kidding) But man was it amazing to see him. I had so much fun eating with him, he is a stud, I love my man rob. He's looking good and doing good, I’m so glad I finally got to see him.
Well to give you an update on what has been happening to me since the last time we talked. That lady is actually getting baptized this Sunday, so we are hoping for the best. We are meeting with her a lot to strengthen her so Satan doesn't get a grasp of her because she's making a very, very important decision in her life. So were getting way excited, she is so cool, I love seeing people change and having a new view on life. I’m so grateful for the atonement and gospel in my life and the life of my family and friends.
So yeah something that is really, really annoying right now is Chinese New Year’s. Man every single contact we make on the street I like don't even have to guess, I know the excuse is going to be after new year we can meet. Man, New Year’s is like 2 weeks away from being done. It's so annoying, I’ve literally been making a separate list of people I need to call after the new year to set up. Just from the past couple days I have like 25 people on that list. It is crazy, this week isn't even New Year yet, people just use the excuse. They clean their houses and everything absolutely spotless for new years. It's a huge, huge thing here. So the next 2 weeks should be very interesting next 2 or 3 weeks. But were getting stoked, every missionary that has been here for Chinese new year is like it's impossible to get good numbers and stuff, like teach any lessons, but we are excited. We are going to work as hard as we can, and trust the Lord and I believe the Lord will help us reach our very high goals. I know we can if we work hard, and have faith, doubting nothing. But yeah another big down side to this New year is, we have been really, really blessed right now we have 10 investigators that are looking good to get baptized this transfer, but now that this new year is here, it's going to be really hard, to really get them prepared, we might end up having to move a lot of their dates, unless they stay in town and we can teach them, so it's getting pretty frustrating that way, but oh well we can't complain, we got to work with what we got, and trust the Lord.
But one of our investigators her name is Liu (she's the one that our 18 year old investigator friend contacted and set her up) when we tried to set a date with her last week and she didn't. But earlier this week she set one, and is going really good. She is reading praying and coming to church... She is doing amazing. She is really progressing, when she set her date she set it on the same day as "Wu" (our 18 year old friend) so that made him way stoked. Haha because his mom wouldn't sign the baptismal sheet, he left today to drive to Taizhong to get his dad to sign the papers so he can get baptized. Haha he's so funny, when we read the baptismal sheet and it said he could do that he started freaking out and was like I’m leaving tomorrow. It's so sweet, he wants to get baptized so bad. He's been using examples to teach the lessons with us and stuff, he's a stud. Every day he comes with us and does missionary work....His faith is huge, I love working with him. I’ve become really, really good friends with him...I’m so glad that the Lord has given me a chance to meet him.
The Traveling assistants came on exchanges with us. It was a great day. We worked so hard, and it was so fulfilling. I’ve been kinda down on my Chinese lately, just because I’m studying really, really hard, and I just don't really use a lot of the words I’m memorizing. So I was on exchanges with him, and He said there are a handful of guys I’ve seen that work as hard as you, he kept saying how great I was doing, and how he knows I’ll have challenging companions because president will want me to help them. That made me kind of nervous, but I’m way excited to lead by example. That’s what I’m really focusing on is leading by example. This literally is the funnest, best thing I’ve ever done. Then he said that, my Chinese ability right now is at a 8 transfer level and I’m only on my 3rd. I’m not trying to be cocky at all because I’m not, but that really allowed me to realize that the Lord really has been blessing me so much with the language because of my hard work...I mean I’m really trying to learn this language and become fluent so it's not a barrier at all so I can be an instrument in the hands of the Lord, and he'll be able to rely on my in any situation. So it was a really good exchange I’m really grateful I was able to go out with them. I know notice that I’m using a lot of the words I study, and my Chinese is once again taking off. Not because of my own efforts, because if I didn't have the Lord I wouldn't have a single chance to speak this language. But I’m so grateful for the perfect hand's of the Lord helping me out. I only imagine the Lord will continue to help me even more, when I’m more obedient, when I’m more diligent, and do absolutely everything in my power. So it was a great experience to go on exchanges with them, I really, really enjoyed it.
Oh yeah and something way sweet happened. We danced at a wedding. haha it was sweet. There were 6 of us missionaries, just the elders in our district. It was so sweet, we did the same dance with umbrellas as at the ward party, but we stopped in the middle of it and switched to like a 80's beat Chinese song. We have a good dancer in the ward, we went early to the wedding and he taught us a dance to it. Man we messed up on a few parts, but it was fun. It was really funny, I loved doing it and had a great time. They seemed like they really like it, but I don't think the white temple president liked it much. He's really strict, so I’m not to worried, the other two older white missionaries a couple missionary loved it. Haha it was really fun. It was crazy being at a wedding. I can't wait to get married, it just made we want to work that much harder, because the harder you work on your mission the hotter your wife will be haha just kidding. But seriously I want to turn into the man that can take care of my wife and children. I love eternal marriage. It gets me pumped every time I think about it, haha.
Well Family thank you so much. I love this gospel so much. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. The other night as I was contacting I was talking to a guy for about 10 minutes, I bore a sincere testimony, I literally felt the spirit fill my body and flow out my eyes to him as I testified. He didn't set up but I felt like I did my part and gave him a fair chance. I know this church is true, not a doubt in my mind!! Jesus is the Christ, and through him I will with you guys live forever. I know we can live forever together, I beg you guys to join with me in being 100 percent obedient to receive the blessings of the Lord, and allowing us all to live together forever. I love my Heavenly Father I know he exists. I talk with him in sincere prayer. I love to prayer and read the Book of Mormon. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for this amazing experience.
Thank you guys so much, you guys are amazing.
Love-Elder Rasmussen