How are you guys doing? Glad to hear that everything is going well... I really do love reading your letters every week and seeing all the sweet stuff that is going on with each of you!
I’m so happy for the Lord's help in setting you guys up with this new business opportunity. This is a wonderful blessing that the Lord is giving our family, we need to be thankful and every prayer thank the Lord for the mercy and help he is giving our family. I’m so grateful for the Lord's help and guidance in our lives. Keep working hard your guys are literally the best family in the world.
Well our transfer just ended. Today is the start of my new transfer. On Friday night we were awaiting transfer calls, I was freaking out because I absolutely love my companion we are having so much fun together. We ended a dream of a transfer and were hoping and praying we would stay together to be able to finish the work that we have started here. So we got the call, and the assistant toward my companion was like, how’s the work going? How'd your day go? Do you like it there? Haha we were freaking out, but then he called my companion to be the new district leader, and then we asked if I was staying with him, he said yes and we freaked out. We are so stoked to start this new transfer. Something that is way crazy to think about, the middle of this transfer I will hit my 6 month mark on my mission, man time flies, we need to make the most of all the time we have, because time is short to prepare to meet the Lord after this life.
We ended the last week of our transfer with a bang, we had 42 set ups, and ended with 34 lesson, 18 of which were member present lessons. We also were able to add 5 new investigators with baptismal dates which is awesome. The Lord just continues to bless us, and allow us to have unheard of success. But this is what missionary work is supposed to be like, it shouldn’t be any other way. Just going out every single day and giving yourself to the Lord and having him bless you in return with success and happiness. This is amazing!!
Wu (18 years old boy) He is doing amazing. Almost every day he comes around with us and does missionary work. He actually contacts people and invited them to church and stuff. He went up to a mom and 2 kids the other day at the park and invited them to English class, they came. Haha he was so stoked that they came, and then we set them up and taught them the next day. They are doing awesome and we are teaching them the restored gospel, all because the Lord, through a not even baptized young man, helped talk to this family and invite them. This just proves that there are a ton of prepared people all around the world. It was the coolest experience to see unfold. He is a stud, he is going to make such a sweet member. He wants to serve a mission so bad, it’s awesome. Haha because his parents are split up, he said in 2 weeks he might go get his dad to sign the papers, we aren't really for it, but it's his choice I guess. We’re going to talk to the mom first though and see how that goes.
Zoey (25 year old, girl) she’s been coming along pretty well. But we had a absolute break through lesson with her. I wasn't there cause we had 2 investigators come, so went and taught him in the hall. But we watched the restoration and talked about the divinity of the Book of Mormon, my companion said the spirit was very strong. Then she set a baptismal date. She has the best ward support system right now, it's amazing, they hang out all the time. So she is doing so well right now, it is awesome. She is progressing a lot, and is really, really excited about getting baptized.
The guy in the hall was a really good experience for me. It was just me, him and the Lord. I taught him the 1st lesson, I’ve never taught so simply, with scriptures and good examples as that. It was amazing. The lord was by my side the whole time. I understood him and then taught according to the spirit. It was an amazing experience. I absolutely loved it. I know the Lord is ahead of this work, because I know I wouldn't have been able to do that without the Lord's help. This work is so true, and the savior lives.
Wakeeny (from Indonesia, married to a Taiwanese man has a little girl, 29 years old) Oh my gosh, she is the sweetest girl in the whole world. She has been so prepared by the Lord is unbelievable. We taught her the first lesson about baptism and how she can have a new start. She was smiling the whole time. Then the next night, my companion gave her a follow up call, and asked her if there is anything we can help her with. She was like yeah "really help my know Jesus Christ" haha that was the sweetest answer I’ve ever heard. Then, we set a baptismal date with her no problem, after we invited her on a date, she was like actually whenever I can, any day and like gave us her whole schedule, haha it was amazing. Then we taught her again, it's amazing teaching someone with a ton of faith, because the spirit is always so strong. Then she called us one night, just to thank us for helping her know Jesus Christ, she was like I’ve been looking for the truth for a long time, and I want to thank you guys for showing it to me, you've blessed my life so much. Haha she is amazing, and doing great.
Wu Mom (she’s the one we ran into, that knew my companion's sister when she was here on a mission.) But she's been really not interested and it's been really hard to meet with her. we were getting kind of worried that she would drop off. But we were able to find a time to meet with her. So we went to her house and taught her. She's already been baptized and everything so she didn't care to again. But we taught her the whole lesson, and it was all just alright, and at the end of the lesson, my companion and I were about to just give up because she wasn't going anywhere. So there was a little quite silence for a minute, and I don’t know what happened (well I do, the Lord's help) but we just starting talking about baptism, and pretty much told her that her baptism didn't count. And she immediately changed, I mean she was pretty hard hearted, but in an instant she flipped. And was like oh I need to get baptized again, and she connected us meeting her again to God telling her to finish the Job and get baptized into his church. And we set a baptismal date with her. I mean went from Hard Hearted, to a Baptismal date in 3 minutes. It was amazing. We are going to have some Word of Wisdom problems and stuff to overcome with her, but she's progressing. It was such a miracle, we were so happy it was amazing!!!
So yeah our investigators are doing amazing, we have 8 that are in the pool, to get baptized this transfer. So we are just loving all of the results, miracles, and blessing the Lord is allowing us to see.
On Tues night we had our little institute class that we now teach. We decided to do a really powerful lesson on the atonement. We did a game to help everyone understand the atonement. We went and bought candy. And we had all of the people in the room pick one of us missionaries to do the pushups. My roommate Elder Duff was on exchanges with us that night, and is way strong, so all the people picked him. So we started one by one and went around the room, asking if they wanted this candy. We started and asked, the first person said yes, so we gave them the candy and had Elder Duff do 25 pushups. Then we asked the next one, they said sure, then we had him do another 25 pushups. Then the next said no I don't want it, then we gave it to her anyway, and had him to 25 pushups. We went around the whole room and did this same thing. People started getting up and trying to do their own pushups but couldn't do it, we had one lady that did 3 then was like ok you only have to do 22 because I did 3, but then we were like nope he has to do 25. People starting crying because he was really struggling trying to do these pushups, it was very powerful experience. Then after we went around the room, I said I definitely want some. So he did another 25 for me, everybody hated me for saying that, and was mad at me at the moment. Then after we did that for everyone, and Elder Duff was literally dead, he could barely do half a pushup we sat everybody back down. And were like, whether we accept the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ or not, he already did it for us. So it's up to us to accept or not accept this perfect gift that has been granted unto us. So then everyone was like yeah we are supposed to eat this candy huh? Haha it was an amazing experience, everybody really understood, the Savior already suffered for our sins, so if we don't use the atonement and accept the suffering of our Savior, we are mocking him and making him suffer for no reason, just like Elder Duff when he had to do the pushups anyway even when the people didn't want to eat the candy. Then, we watched finding faith in Christ DVD, Then after the last 20 minutes of class, we went around the room and had a little Testimony meeting thing. Oh my heck, you could have literally cut the spirit with a knife, it was the thickest spirit I’ve ever felt. Our investigator was crying and it was a great experience. It was a really good class, and the Lord was present for that I know it!!!
ps-Our investigator that was there that cried, just barely and I mean barely as I’m typing this letter, called us and was like I want to get baptized. She set her own baptismal date, and we are planning this Sunday if we can get special permission to baptize her. The first miracle of this new transfer, we can't stop smiling we are just looking at each other and loving life. The Lord is giving us so many blessings! I swear we don't deserve them! Haha but yeah baby!!! A great way to start off the new transfer!
I’m absolutely loving my life! This is the best thing I’ve ever done. I love being so close to the Lord and feeling of his perfect love for me every time I kneel down and pray to him. This work is real. God lives and loves each and every one of us. Jesus is the Christ, and the only means by which we can receive perfect happiness and eternal life or exaltation. He lives!!!!! I know he lives!!!