Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flying Through the Rain


















Crawling through the Rain!
(But, what about the suit?)





My adlib on
a scripture
to my comp
who doesn't
want to
share his
desk!


I've got
a cankle...







To the Best Family Ever,

Wŏ zhīdaō shén aī wŏmen-wŏ zhīdaò Yēsū Jīdū shì shén de ér’ze. Wŏ zhīdaò wŏmen shì shén de Haízi. Wŏ zhīdao Yūesèsīmsì Fùxīng de Fúyīn. Wŏ zhīdaò Mōerménjīng shì zhēn shì de!

Wow, I love you guys so much! I couldn’t have asked for a better family. Not even kidding. You guys are amazing.

The Language –
Like I mentioned the Lord has blessed me and shown me a better way to memorize. Let’s say I’m trying to memorize “God loves us” Example: s a w (shen ai women)

So I’d use the first letter in the word and write it down with the tone. It’s been amazing so far. I couldn’t have asked for a better blessing at a more time of need. I know God hears and answers my prayers.

This last week’s language assignment went much better than the week before! So, I can totally see how I’m progressing. It’s coming slow but it’s coming. It’s something I gotta learn. PATIENCE. I’m on the Lord’s time and He will bless me with the language whenever He sees fit and I have to learn to accept that. But I know He will bless me. I mean He already has greatly. But characters are coming along. I can write the name tag and a couple lines of my testimony. So that’s cool.

The Gospel –
Wow! I do gotta tell you guys the gospel is amazing. I’ve grown so much testimony wise while I’ve been here. It’s especially grown leaps and bounds on a few specifics. I’ll explain a couple. I probably already told you a couple of these but I’ll tell you again anyway.

Elder Scott talked to us at one of the devotionals. He taught the whole time, it was amazing. And at the end he said I wanna talk about something very sacred to me that I usually don’t talk about. He said it’s about somebody I know and love, the Savior Jesus Christ. Then he explained how nice and loving and kind the Savior is. It was amazingly powerful. But then he closed with one more statement. He said, “I know He lives, because I know Him.” I’ve never felt the spirit so strong. I knew the Savior lives more than ever that night and continue to carry that testimony with me today. Then we sang I need thee every hour. I was crying so hard I couldn’t even sing. How true it is. The chorus of the song: “I need thee, oh I need thee, every hour I need thee.”

I would suggest getting those few lines printed and laminated to hang in each of the kid’s rooms cause it’s so true we need the Savior, yes we need him every hour! Also after that we all stood out on the curb and waved to Elder Scott. As he drove by we all sang, Called to Serve. He drove by and waved while he said, “thank you” over and over. When He drove by me we made eye contact, and I started crying, cause I knew he was called of God.

Another experience happened yesterday (Sunday night). We had a devotional, then we got to watch a movie Sunday night. We picked to watch the testaments (if you guys haven’t seen it yet I would highly recommend watching it for a family night or something). But during it toward the end they show how awful the people are to the Savior. My heart went from wanting to kill those guys to crying because it was awful to see the pain and suffering my elder Brother and Savior had to go through. But then it showed him come down to the people there was a huge beam of light and when it disappeared Jesus was standing there. My whole body filled with emotion and I just started crying. I know the Savior lived and still lives today. He died for our sins and knows each and every one of us. It was such a neat experience and I’m so glad we got to watch that movie.

But yeah I’m loving it here! The spirit is always strong. My companion and I have our differences, and he really gets on my nerves sometimes, but it’s good for me.

I hope things are going good with you guys. I pray for you guys every night. You guys are amazing, I love you guys so much!

WELL, one last little story then I’ll close with my testimony. It was sweet today. We went to the temple and when we went the weather was perfect, but when we got out the weather was dark and windy. And when we were walking back from the temple it started to pour on us. It was funny! It was like going from Heaven to Hell in 5 minutes. The Temple (heaven) outside (hell). My companion ran and hid under a shed cause I was freaking out cause of the rain. I made fun of him so bad (he’s from Florida if I haven’t already told you). Also we were in full suits and everything. It was sweet! He was freaking out, but I was lovin it! I was like running and skipping through it. It was awesome! It was pouring. I got my companion to warm up to it and we ended up playing in it.

It was sweet. I think I liked it so much cause everyday here is literally like the movie Ground Hog Day. And, finally, something different happened!

Well I love you guys so much!

My Testimony –
I know my older Brother, Savior and Redeemer lives. He atoned for each and every one of our sins. He suffered the unbearable death bleeding from every pore and nailed to a cross because he loves us and to give us the opportunity to live with our Father in Heaven again. I know for a fact that Joseph Smith restored the Gospel. I know he saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I know my Heavenly Father very well. He hears and answers my prayers. He’s the best friend I can ever have. I know if I’m down I can go to him and He will comfort me. I’m so excited to teach the people of Taiwan the gospel, and give them a chance to accept the gospel and repent of their sins so they won’t have to go through the pain and anguish after this life that Jesus went through. They can use the atonement and be saved. I know I’m not a teacher, I’m just a messenger. The Holy Ghost is the teacher and tells me what to say and is the only thing that can convert the people I teach. I have no power to convert, that’s why I need to work hard, and live worthily to have the Holy Ghost so He can tell me what to say and can convert the people to the Gospel. God wants us to return and live with him!! I know He has a kingdom and a beautiful home waiting for me and you guys to live together for eternity in his presence. My hope is that as a family we may be able to live our lives so we can receive the gift of eternal life and live together forever because there’s no one in the world I’d rather live with then you guys!

Thank you mom and dad for raising me the way you did. I’m eternally grateful for that sacrifice in your life.

Love, Rui Bing Zhang