How are things going? I hope you are all well. I love you all so dang much. I miss you guys too!
But things here are just usual I guess. It's like I've said before that the days take forever but the weeks go by really fast!! I can't believe I've already been here for 5 weeks. All of the older missionaries that got here 6 weeks before us are leaving so were gonna be the older missionaries now, and a group of newbies come in a couple of weeks. So that’s way crazy. I can't believe it. The volleyball player that I always play with is leaving tomorrow which isn't good, cause now I have no one good to play volleyball with!! But I think I'll be able to pull out of it, haha!
Elder Holland came and spoke this last week!!! It was amazing the spirit was so strong it was awesome. Pretty much the whole meeting I felt the spirit, and my testimony literally grew a ton. Then we watched a movie about the Salt Lake Temple and how the saints built it. It was crazy how the saints took all the corner stones and stuff - it took 4 days for one block to get to the ground of the temple by ox. So when they got it like a tiny bit done on the corner stone they had to bury it all to keep the US army from destroying it. They buried it by hand shovels, then they dug it back up and discovered that there was cracks in the foundation. So they dug up all the corner stones and started all over again. It was amazing to see all the hard work and dedication that went into building the temple. There was an amazing quote by Brigham Young he was like, “This temple needs to stand 'til the end of times.” That gave me the chills way bad, it was awesome.
But yeah I'm still chugging along in the language. Something cool happened though our branch president, President Liu, got up in sacrament and gave a talk. He bore his testimony in the middle of it, and it was crazy I understood most of it. It was a really good moment for me that I understood a lot of a native Chinese man’s testimony!! It was really cool!!! So yeah I'm still working hard, Satan is really working on me and telling me not to work cause he knows it's hard and I get really frustrated. But I gotta just keep praying and keep working hard cause it's gonna come I know it is.
I only have like 6 and a half more weeks, it's absolutely flying by. But Josh, Cade, Britton and Abby hope things are going good!! I love all you guys so much!!!!!! Thank you for all the support that you guys give me and everything you've done for me. I couldn't even survive without you guys. Thanks for always being good examples to me! I look up to every single one of you guys.
In the temple the other day I was really pondering if Trey is alright and doing good!!! I wanna let you know that Trey is doing great!! He's doing a great work up in heaven and Heavenly Father is looking over him. He still stays with us and is always with us.
I love you guys, thanks so much for doing all that you do for me!!!!!!!!
Love, Rui Zhang Lao