Hey Family,
How are you guys doing!!!! I'm doing great. Things are going amazing, they are a little rough but who ever said life is a walk in the park right!!! This week was full of contacting and getting stood up... It was a little frustrating that people aren't willing to progress and do things to receive true happiness in their lives. But we are working hard on finding those that have been prepared by the Lord and are willing to progress in the gospel.
One morning we went out and I was talking to everyone I possibly could. I saw a guy sitting on a bench so I went and sat with him talking to him about life. We had a good lengthy gospel discussion about his relationship with God and why he is really on this earth. It was a great spiritual lesson. It was cool to help a lost child of God understand his true identity and potential... He set up to meet with us and I'm really excited to see what happens. He doesn't live in our area, but I know he'll be well taken care of by the zone leaders.
I'm so sorry there really isn't a lot to write about for this week, I’m sending a ton of pictures so hopefully each will speak a thousand words.
Smoot wrote me, he sounds like he's doing well. Haha no water, in order to shower they have to fill a bucket from the stream take cups and pour it over their bodies, they sleep in nets, eat rice for every meal, they have a 7 o’clock curfew because a police guard got burned to death in the streets the other week by a mob. He sounds like he's living quite the life. I love him so much. He's such a dude. He also washes his clothes by hand and hangs them to dry, to flush the toilet he also takes the bucket of water and throws it down the toilet. He's doing great though and it makes me way happy to know that.
I'll just end by bearing my testimony....I'm changing; the Atonement of Jesus Christ is changing me!! I'm becoming happier, more obedient, more able to feel the spirit, and more courteous. I no longer talk about other people, and try to humble myself to the Lord everyday through prayer. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know He lives. He loves me. My Heavenly Father sent me to this earth to serve a mission, get married, have a family, and return to live with him again. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and nothing in the world will destroy it. Satan is real but so is God. We need to step up and serve God do all He asks us to do without question; it's the only way to peace and happiness. I'm doing what the Lord would have me do and I know He's blessing those around me for that. I love this work and Taiwan. I love the people, I know they are prepared. It's just a matter of time until we don't need to find because the members will have their friends lined up by the hundreds just waiting to be taught. This gospel is true, it will and is covering the face of the earth just like the Prophet Joseph Smith testified of. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.