I got all the announcements from all my friends, man I love them, I’m so grateful that the Lord has allowed me to have this amazing group of friends to be a around and learn from. I know that we were all meant to be friends and help build each other up. They truly are my family outside of you guys. I love them so much, they've helped me learn and grow so much in my life, I know I wouldn't be here today as I am without some of their influences and help in my life. I’ve been able to see rob a lot since I’ve moved to this new area, and it rekindles the joy that we had together before the mission. It's been going great. They all look like they are doing great. I love the pictures of Smoot with the people in Africa, what an experience that would be. Those people look so amazing.
Well as far as this week is concerned. We went out and worked hard again. We just aren't having a lot of success with people progressing. We found another 6 new investigators this week which is again above the Golden Standard, but we need just to work on getting people progressing. English class this week was amazing. I absolutely love teaching English, I know I’ve said this a bunch of times but it is amazing, it truly is a spiritual experience every time. This week it was unbelievable I had well over 30 people in my class alone. I love the people, I take that love I have and show it in enthusiasm and the students love it. I get compliments every week, I’ve never had a better teacher, English class was great, in a prayer "thank you for an amazing English teacher"… I love my students they are like friends and family to me. They are so amazing, and they learn so fast. The gift of tongues truly is real. It isn't just for us missionaries; I believe that when students come to English class in order to help them out and because they are in a dedicated church building the Lord helps their English improve faster also. Teaching English is an amazing opportunity to share the gospel. I love the last 30 minutes of class I get to share my testimony of this church with a short message. It is a great feeling to tell my testimony to 30+ people and have the spirit fill the room. My favorite feeling (sorry if I’ve already told you this), but my favorite feeling is the look on someone’s face of confusion and them just being lost, then because of the truth we have or the words that come out of my mouth that look of confusion leaves their face and they have a look of understanding and excitement because they just heard something that has confused them for the longest time and now they simply understand why and how. That is my favorite feeling, that is one of the main reasons I love teaching English, helping them understand, just makes me so happy. I love teaching and helping people. But after class I talked to 3 of them, they set up for tonight, so hopefully we'll be able to have a great spiritual lesson with them and be able to use English class like it's supposed to be used, for service and finding people to teach. Man I’m a part of a wonderful calling.
Birthday presents-
This has been the best birthday of my life. I don't know if any other birthday will ever be able to even match up to this birthday I’ve having. Yesterday we had a mission conference, and Elder Uchtdorf talked to us. That was an experience that no member of the church would ever turn down. I love being in the presence of apostles, it makes you want to change and be better. I am working on becoming that light that people want to be around because they see the Savior in me. I know I’m on the right path, and through the Atonement of the Savior Himself I’ll be able to continue to progress and be that example. But he talked to us about teaching and preparing people for baptism. It was really good. Then we got on buses to the member fireside. It was held at a huge event stadium. We got in there and based on the numbers they counted well over 6000 Taiwanese Saints were there to listen to President Uchtdorf. Wow, was that an amazing site or what. To think we are in a Buddhist country and in a public building. Somehow the government is allowing us to use this huge arena, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints get together. It was an amazing thing. There was also a choir of Taiwanese people, usually they aren't very good singers. But this choir had a power beyond belief. They sang the opening song and the spirit filled that arena beyond belief. What a beautiful thing to see so many saints gathered together to hear an apostle of the Lord. It was so amazing, I can't wait until China opens up and I just pray that the Lord will allow me to be a part of that growth in the church, how exciting! President Uchtdorf let out a sermon. It was exactly what the people needed to hear. It was amazing and I loved it. I felt a real, sincere part in the work of the Lord sitting in that meeting. As the meeting was over the choir was singing and he was shaking all the people’s hands, I had a spirit rush through me. I was thinking how can you look these people in the eyes and not love them. How can you not give it your all to help them receive this gospel? Elder Uchtdorf said it doesn't matter who it is, they need the plan of salvation and the questions that it answers. Man it was a powerful get together of priesthood holders and strong women of the church. I love these people, I love them so much. Well we then took a bus on the way to the train station. We got to the train station at 9:00 which is when we are supposed to normally be in the door at home. But because of this special circumstances, we arrived at our home train station at 12 and home, home at 1 in the morning. From 9:00 pm till 1:00am I stand here and confess and proclaim that I talked to every single person there was to talk to. The Lord put 4 prepared people in my path who all wanted to hear the gospel and needed changes in their life. One kid of 24 years old didn't believe in God. I kneeled down with him (right on the train) and said a prayer with him. I turned to him asked him if he believes God heard that prayed, he then silently answered I know that someone is there listening. What a spiritual experience I was able to be a part of on that train at 11 o'clock at night. It doesn't matter what time it us, who is standing in front of you, or where you are, this work never ends not even after the day that you die. I will continue to talk to every single person, because I love the people, I want to live with them in the celestial kingdom, I want them to be happy in this life and have a purpose. I love this work, I love the testimony of the Savior I’ve been blessed with and the testimony of living prophets. I know Thomas S. Monson is God’s living prophet on the earth today, and just like the days of old we have 12 apostles and a perfect organization of Jesus Christ's church. There is no way our church is not true, and there is no way any other church regardless what they say or do is true. This is the only true church and we need to stand up for that truth. We can't shy away, we have the truth, we carry the truth in our heart and need to share that with everyone around us. If we get rejected it's too bad because that person just lost an opportunity for eternal happiness, but even through the rejection the sincere testimony you shared is recorded in heaven and will bless you for the rest of your life. This work is true, it will move forward, nothing will stop it. Satan is who? No one, he doesn't even have a body, this Church is and will fill the whole entire earth, everyone will know us, and they will wonder why we are happy. We are the church of Jesus Christ, live like it, act like it, and think like it. Don't be cocky but be confident that this is THE church!!! I know it is, and I’m proclaiming my testimony of it daily, hourly and every second, because it's that important to me. My solemn testimony is I represent the living Savior even Jesus Christ, I carry the very priesthood that God himself used to create the world. The priesthood is real, and the only way to seal things on earth and heaven. I hope to continue to live up to the potential the Lord has awaiting me, I’m giving it everything I can put into it until I fall on my face, then praying for more strength to push even further. I love this church, this gospel, and this work. It's so true.
Another Amazing Birthday present
After the member meeting with President Uchtdorf, I saw my Song Shan members. Wu Guan Chen ran to me and we hugged and shed tears of joy with each other. They all remembered my birthday and made me a cake, put together some presents and just showed their love for me. I love them so much, I want to live in that ward the rest of my life. The people were Wu Guan Chen and his mom (yyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh his mom I know amazing she came, she's totally going to get baptized.), Sister Liang, the Shen family, and Xiao Gu Gu. They are my family. I love them. It's only been 5 weeks since I’ve seen them but oh how much love came back the second I saw them. The air erupted and we all were in shock and joy to be able to see each other. It was an amazing present! It made me happy the rest of the night. They are great! I know I was meant to go to Song Shan and serve there.
Then I get the package you guys sent me, and all the personal letters from the kids which was great. And my district took me out for an all you can eat cook your own meat lunch. It was amazing. I love my mission. I will never forget the experience I’m having and am going to still have on my mission.
Well family, thank you so much for all the support and love. You guys are amazing. I’m so glad to know that things are going great. Keep up the good work!!!
Love your son and brother
Elder Rasmussen :D
ps: Dad, how’s the business doing? Fill me in on the latest!!
Thanks for the extra money mom I’ve bought some new study materials so I can dig deeper into the gospel, and need a couple new white shirts and a watch. So thank you so much, I love you. Thanks for doing everything to support me. I love you with all my soul!!!!