Hey Family!!!
Well I’m glad to hear that you guys had a great week. Everyone is looking great and looks like you guys are having a fun life. I’m glad to see that. Josh looks like a stud in that picture with the air soft gun, looks likes he changed his hair it looks good. Cade is huge, haha what a stud. Britton just looks like a pure gansta. And Abby yeah she's just amazing little Abby.
But my week was an amazing week. Full of miracles. It was awesome to be a part of so many miracles and see that Lords hands in all of this.
First of all our investigators rundown. We have 2 set up for the 25th of April. One is looking more promising than the other. But we have faith and hope and will try to help both of them reach that goal. Then we have about 5 others for the 2nd of May. So things are looking good. We’re just trying to keep on top of things and get them prepared to be baptized and to gain a testimony of the truthfulness of these things. Wu Guan Chen, yeah he just keeps getting in more and more trouble. He wanted to go on a mission for 3 weeks because the mission needed someone for that long. But he was to scared to ask his mom, so he had is brother tell his mom a lie. Yeah well she found out and is really mad, and now she knows he got baptized behind her back also. So yeah yesterday she wouldn't let him go to church. He's really sad right now, he's in a huge cross roads and hope he can trust the Lord to help him out of it. But it's sad to see him not as happy because all this stuff has been happening.
But on the street I got 2 scooters to pull over. They were both way sweet people. Both didn't live in our area, but it was really cool to "Teach when you find and Find when you teach" They both were very receptive and I was able to teach them about our living prophet to guide us and lead us to follow God. They both also set up for the other missionaries to meet with them. So that was way cool. I really feel like over the last few weeks as I’ve been studying charity and trying to prayer and do to develop charity. I really feel like that Lord has helped me develop my charity a little bit more. It's been cool to see the change of my contacting and teaching when you have more love for the people.
A sweet Miracle- I was on exchanges with the zone leaders. One of them came to my area. Elder Jensen. So we had an hour to go out and contact. So we sat on the bench to say a prayer and figure out who specifically we wanted to find. Before we started praying I had a really cool feeling come over me and say a dad with 2 kids. So I told elder Jensen my feeling then we prayed about it and felt good about it. So we set out to the area we had previously picked the night before in planning. We spent 40 minutes talking to everyone and no success. I bent over my handle bars again and said another prayer pleading that I could find that dad with 2 kids. As I finished my prayer a man and women passed me. I started to talk to them and they were really friendly. I was just being myself with them which is having fun and messing around with them. Then he said my daughter is 19 in college right now. I was like really I’m 19 too, that's cool. Then I was like wait, how many kids do you have. He looked at me held up 2 fingers and said 2. one is 19 and the other is 17. My heart leaped with joy, A MIRACLE!! It was so amazing to be a part of a miracle that there is no way could have happened without the hand of the Lord. I was so happy, I was filled with joy. He showed us around his huge building he was going to buy for his business (he's the boss) and set up for the next night to meet with us. Well the next night comes around and he never comes. I was so bummed, I thought our miracle guy was gone. But then that night in planning we planned and said, you know what I want to find a lesson at 3 o'clock. So we wrote down on our plan, find a lesson. The next day at about 1 we were out contacting and I had a feeling to call him. So I called him while we were out tracting. He was way happy to talk to me on the phone. Then guess what time he set up for. 2 hours later at 3!! Haha so there was 2 miracles in 2 days that were obviously led by the Lord. The cool thing was, when me and Elder Jensen first found him elder Jensen didn't connect that's who we prayed for. then as I said the gratitude prayer for us after we found him and thanked the Lord for allowing us to see that miracle and find that dad, it finally clicked that we found exactly what we were looking for. It was a really cool experience to be apart of. Then when we scheduled the lesson for 3 then after the dad said OK 3 I’ll come. My real companion Elder Youd was like see we are going to get a lesson at 3. Then I finally realized that another miracle had just happened. Haha it was sweet. I love being an advocate in the hands of the Lord. He truly does lead this work and allow us to see miracles according to our faith and diligence. We don't see miracles to build our faith, but we see miracles according to our faith.
Wu Family- So my old companion Elder Daniels. He found a family with a dad that wants his family to join a Christian church. But together we didn't have a chance to meet with him. so Elder Youd and I finally got the chance to meet with him. Oh my gosh they are so Golden. The dad is 25 years old with two kids. 2 girls 4 and 2 years old. They all payed attention the whole time. And the dad and mom were asking question the whole time. The dad connected that his old baptism wasn't good because the person didn't have the authority. So that is way cool to realize on a first lesson. Also they set a baptism date as a family on the 2nd of May. They are such a cute little family. They have a great family relationship and will really make a great family in the ward. So that was way cool to be able to teach them. We used a lot of pictures to try and keep the kids involved and the dad loved the restoration and they really understood it very good. It was an awesome lesson, and this week on Friday we are having a family night with them and other families int he ward. So I’m way excited for that.
Bella- Yeah she is way cool. This was the 2nd time we've sat down with her. She brought a friend this time because she wants her to listen to the gospel too. She also set a baptismal date. We taught the 1st lesson again because of her friend not hearing anything yet. She understood it a lot more the 2nd time which is really good. She is doing great, she loves reading and praying and is progressing really good. She's going to be a great member too when she is baptized.
Kelly- She is on the 4-25-2010. She is doing great she had some concerns, but we sat down with her and helped her solve them. She is reading, praying and repenting. She is awesome. She's growing a lot. I remember the first day she came in she was sweating and way nervous to meet with us. But now she's just like our friend, it's amazing to see the change the gospel brings about in people. So I’m loving this it's so awesome!!!
Then we had a kid the other week who is 23 years old. Outside he came up to us and was like I want to learn English. So we set him up for Saturday night. So we met with him, he brought his friend along with him. We didn't end up teaching much English, but taught them the first lesson. They are both way good, and will be good in the future. They were both asking a lot of questions and understanding it well. The lesson started pretty sketchy but it ended very good. They both committed to prayer and read. They are going to be really, really good. But something really cool happened in the lesson.. When we were explaining the Book of Mormon we were flipping through he pictures in the front of it. We got to the picture with Nephi and his family, holding the Liahona. All of a sudden he was like wait a minute. We all paused and looked at him. He was like about 2 weeks ago I had a dream about that picture. We were like are you sure. Yup he knew it was that picture. Haha that was sweet, that he had seen that same picture in a dream, can you say being in the right place that the Lord wants you to be in. He thought that was way cool, haha we had one member with us that didn't believe him. Haha it was a funny situation!!
But yeah, I’m loving my life. I’m really so happy, I don't even know man. Being close to the Lord, working hard every day, and doing what the Lord would have me do. Doesn't get much better than that. But I know without a doubt that Jesus Christ lives. He will come again to rule over us, and redeem us from death and sin. Then we will return to live with Him who gave us life our Heavenly Father. I can't wait for the day to see my Savior Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father again. I don't that right now we must live worthy and be obedient to have the spirit with us, in order to stay as close as we can to them!! I know that Joseph Smith restored this gospel, and the keys of the priesthood were given to him. Through these keys, we can live together forever as a family. I love my family so much, so I’m grateful for this amazing perfect gift. I love our living prophet Thomas S. Monson and the leadership he gives from the Lord. This church is true, there’s no way it couldn't be!! Hold tight to the words of God, and we'll all receive a life of happiness and peace!! This gospel is truly the only way to achieve happiness.