Hey Family!!!
I know isn't that crazy that Steve comes home in a couple of months. Man time just flies by so dang fast. Angie, Angie, Angie, haha Utah is a breading place for marriage. But I guess she's just following her brother’s footsteps. Hey when does Camille Carroll go to the MTC, her picture has been up in the mission office for a while for the missionaries that are coming in July. She's going to love it, and her Chinese is probably already sick, so she'll have that much more fun.
Glad you’re doing well!! I still haven't seen pictures of the office?! But thanks for the updates and how everyone is doing. I’m doing great, still as happy as ever. It's crazy this transfer is already on its 5th week. It's flown by so fast it's amazing. But there has been some cool stuff happen.
Well to start off on a bad note, both of our investigators who were going to get baptized on the 25th of this month are having some trials. Our huang bike guy, he is smoking. He told us he wasn't, but we’re hoping he has the thought process that after he's baptized he doesn't have to smoke. But we'll see him tomorrow and lay down the law with him. Then Kelly, her parents are not allowing her to meet with us anymore. It's sad to see so many good people who want to receive the blessings of this gospel, but are denied because of their parents who have a pole in front of their faces because of traditions in the family. But here is a run down our my week
Mon
Yeah it was p-day, so I just went and we hit some golf ball, went to an all you can eat grill place it was amazing, and played a board game with the district "The Knights of Camelot" yeah I know it sounds so mature. Haha, we were freaking out literally acting like we were knights and stuff it was way funny. I was laughing pretty hard the whole time.
Tues
We had district meeting today. It was really good, we talked about using the Book of Mormon while you contact and find on the street. At the end of each district meeting we usually have a role play to practice what we learned. This time we went outside and really tried what we learned to find on the street. I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father if there was anyone that needed to hear the gospel to allow me to run into them. So we went out, I got rejection after rejection trying to use the Book of Mormon to help people understand these things. Then at last a lady was walking down the side walk. I started talking to her and found out she had no religion. Then I started talking to her about God and how he wants us to gain happiness and peace in this life. Teaching with the scriptures I was able to have a good solid lesson with her on the street. We prayed together and she committed to start praying on her own. She lived in another area, but I set her up to meet with them. It was a cool miracle, that God was willing to put me in her path so I could help her come unto the gospel, and using the Book of Mormon teach her restored truths. Also we met a way funny guy. He lived in Mexico for like 20 years. He such a Mexican, I love it. The way he walks and talks it's so funny. We love him. He's a Math Man. He is really, really smart, and speaks perfect Mexico English. He truly is a Chinese Gangsta. But the first time we met with him we were able to set a date with him, and he's working toward that right now. Haha he's a really interesting guy, I love my mission I meet so many new people. But the cool thing is they all have one thing in common, the light of Christ somewhere inside and the need to come back to God's Fold, it's so cool being on a mission.
Wed
Today we had zone conference. It was so cool. We talked about using the Book of Mormon in finding and sanctifying ourselves as servants of the Lord. It reminded me of when I went to talk to Elder Gassin (he wrote you that little note) I asked him what I had to do to have the Lord accept my mission. He shared a bunch of scriptures that let him know that question. So after zone conference the next morning in personal study I studied sanctification and what more I could do to be completely sanctified to the Lord, and be the best tool in His hands possible. It's not hard, it's going to be a process, but it's worth it. To give my soul to the Lord, He will most definitely help me find a newness of life, that will bless the lives of all those from here on out!! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Thurs
Yeah today stunk just because of the Kelly situation. We had her scheduled at 7 pm to come to the church. It hit 7:15 and we gave her a call because she wasn't there yet. She said she talked to her parents and they don't want her to come to church or meet with us anymore. When I found that out, it literally thrust a dagger to my heart and cut it into a million pieces. It's sad to see a bunch of people that their salvation is put on hold because of other family member’s decisions. But she will be coming to English class on Wed. So we'll sit down with her and hopefully help her through this. But man it's sad; I don't know what to say when it comes to this stuff. Because it's not my choice, I’m not their parents. It really is not cool that they make decisions for their kids, even though their kids have found the truth, and the others aren't willing to search it out. But we'll try to keep working with her and helping her along.
Fri
We met a way funny guy tonight. Yesterday in front of a bike shop, a random guy walked by me. I told him we want to help him know Jesus Christ. He said OK, and set up a time for today. Haha it was funny. He came and he is the funniest guy I’ve ever met. He was a little drunk but still way funny. He kept speaking Taiwanese so obviously I didn't understand. Our members that were with us were translating into Mandarin. It was funny, we were all just laughing the whole time together, it was a grand old time. He said he wants to learn more about Jesus, so yeah we'll work with him, and I bet he'll come along. It's going to be rough everything in the word of wisdom you can break he pretty much does, because he's a blue collared worker and they all do. So it shall be interesting.
Sat
Well the start of conference. Jeffery R. Holland is a stud. But I loved conference it's so uplifting to see our righteous loving amazing leaders in a world that ever so needs their guidance and counsel. I noticed the main theme was family. How grateful I am for you guys, my family, and the love and support you give me. I’m so grateful for the opportunity I have to communicate and be with every single one of you. You guys are my world, and I’m so grateful I have you guys. Just always get along, be strong together, and work hard with each other to resist temptations of the evil one. But something tonight that happened was sweet. We had to split lessons at 8. So my companion was teaching two guys, and I was teaching a girl. They were both good lessons. My lesson, she is already Christian. I explained the restoration and the power of the priesthood. She then asked me, so what you’re saying is this is the only true and whole church. I kinda hesitated for a minute and thought in my head I was like that's a bold statement, then I thought back to conference. This is the most important message any will hear. So I looked her in the eyes and told her YES. Then she asked about the priesthood power, she said can I heal. I said if it’s God’s will. Then she said who has this power. I explained who can have it, and I boldly proclaimed that I hold that power of the priesthood given from God by the laying on of hands. I felt the spirit rush through me as I told of the power given to me from God. She set a baptismal date and is really good. Then after my companion came in and told me that both of the guys he sat down with also set baptismal dates. Haha so in less than an hour we had 3 new baptismal dates. It was a really cool thing, we were so excited. It was a huge blessing from God. God really is watching over us and guiding us in this work.
Sun
Today we continued with conference. It was sweet once again like always. But a cool thing happened; on the bus to conference there was a70+ year old lady that had a Christian cross on a necklace. She asked my companion what church we are. We started talking and found out that she joined a Christian church like 1 year ago, and she was going to church. We had a member on the bus with us, so the member talked allot of Taiwanese with her. She ended up coming with us to church. Haha, we had her do a church tour, and then she stayed for about 40 minutes of conference. She really liked it. That was way cool. But then on the way back from conference later that day, we were on the bus, and guess who got on again. Yeah it was the same lady. She was talking to us, and really liked what she saw in conference, so she asked how she could watch the rest of it. Haha, we have her number and address and will be meeting with her soon, and hopefully we can help her understand the truthfulness of this beautiful message.
Well family…things are going great!! I know this work is true and God's Work. I know he leads and guides us every day. These days are getting worse and worse, read the scriptures, understand them, and build a spiritual shield around you so that Satan can't touch you. I know without a doubt in my heart that Christ lives. He is our savior and through his atoning sacrifice we are saved and cleansed from sins. I love communicating with my Heavenly Father through prayer and I know that he hears my prayers and answers them. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to serve Him, and share this gospel with everyone. This gospel is true there is no way it's not. Joseph Smith restored this Church, there is no way he didn't. I love this Church, and will do all I can to share its message with the world.
Keep working hard and doing all you can to be righteous followers of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Love Elder Rasmussen
"Just have Faith and Go Do"