Hey Fam!
I love you guys so much. Well, I’m just writing about General Conference weekend. What talks I liked, what thoughts I had come to me, and my testimony from it all. To start off things I do say this was one of the best weekends of my life!! I’ll just write down some one liners I got.
Saturday Morning Session
Richard G Scott –
“Write down impressions, pray about them, and ask if they are from God.” I did this during the Joseph Smith movie, oh, how much it helped my testimony grow. Also, it helped me greatly to listen to the Spirit better.
Vicki F Matsumori –
“Heavenly Father answers our sincere prayers.” I know this to be 100% true and have seen it while I’ve been on my mission.
L. Whitney Clayton –
“Burdens are blessings” – It’s taken me 6 weeks of my mission to figure this one out but I now know with all my heart this to be true. I look forward to burdens and know through them I have the potential of the most growth.
“Put my burdens on the Savior’s back and do all you can to share the gospel”
If I do this I know the Savior will lift my burdens and I will be able to fulfill my call of teaching the restored gospel to the people of Taiwan.
Russell T. Osguthrope –
“Express so much confidence in them that it’s hard to refuse.” I think this is so perfect! If I know my investigator can do the commitment I need to show them that I know they can. Do it out of complete love and make it hard from them to say, “No.”
David A. Bednar – LOVE
“We need to say it, mean it, and then show it.” This is so true. I’m sorry that I wasn’t as good at this as I should have been. But I agree with this 100 percent. I want to challenge you guys as a family even more to start living this, ok!!
“Declare and live your testimony” – Mom and dad can you guys start making it a tradition every Monday to go around and have the family share their testimony? I don’t care how awkward the kids may think it is haha Do it because they need to learn how to live by their testimonies, and have their testimonies grow by hearing the rest of the family!
Saturday Afternoon Session
Robert D Hales –
“We as a Church declare; we believe in God the Eternal Father, in His Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.” I love how blunt and straight forward he was when he said it. It was awesome, and we shouldn’t be afraid of declaring that to the world.
Jorge F Zeballes –
I had the thought during his talk, “He knows us, He knows of our capacities and limitations. He will not give us more than we can overcome, and when we overcome them we come out be to twice the person that we sere before.”
Kent D. Watson –
“As Christ suffered and bled from every pore He wasn’t thinking of Himself but was thinking of us!” Wow! This really hit me, even after all the suffering He was going through He still had enough love to think of us during the process. I hope I can develop this love.
Neil L Anderson –
This is a thought I had! Satan tells us to give up, because he knows we’re making progress. He doesn’t want us to reach that ridge to see the progress that we are actually making. Because he knows once we reach that ridge we’ll receive more energy and determination to do God’s will and that’s the last thing Satan wants. Let’s continue to work hard, push through and shove him of the cliff once we reach that ridge!! HE HAS NO POWER OVER ME!!
Priesthood Session
M Russell Ballard –
“Two of the most powerful elements on the earth: 1) Priesthood and 2) Family.” Man this is so awesome! It goes to show how important families are to be up there with the priesthood. Then he talked about how important the relationship between father and son is. My thought during the talk: “I want to make my dad proud and happy of who I’ve become!”
Henry B Eyring –
“Be prepared. Those who are prepared are ready. Opportunities come as a surprise so we must be ready.” I was really impressed with this talk. But my testimony grew 100% that “The power of the priesthood is real!”
Sunday Morning Session
Henry B Eyring – We can and must expect to become better every day as long as we live. We will all meet the Savior so now we must strive to excel in order to prepare for that day!
Sunday Afternoon Session
Jeffery R. Holland
The Book of Mormon is true!! Enough said! Print this talk off, tape it on every wall in the house and listen to it every day, man one of the most powerful talks I’ve ever heard.
Well to be honest I learned something from every single talk but my hand is getting to tired to write it all. I will tell you about my Joseph Smith movie experience though. I was praying this conference for the confirmation that the Book of Mormon is true. Jeffery R Holland’s talk really helped me, but I got the perfect confirmation during the Joseph Smith movie. This is the exact impression that I just wrote while watching the Book of Mormon being printed:
"The Book of Mormon is true, as true as anything I’ve ever seen before. Every soul on earth deserves the right to the contents in it and have the words of God, and come unto Him to be saved. I have a part of this great ministry to bring the Book of Mormon to the people of Taiwan. I know its contents are true words of God through His ancient and living prophets. I know it and I won’t deny it! It is God’s will for all his children to receive the words of Christ. This is the true church and only way to Eternal Life! I Know It!!"
Then while watching all the opposition the saints went through. Since our teacher has been talking a lot about opposition I was thinking, “It is amazing to see all the opposition the church went through, while it was getting started. It’s because Satan knew that if his opposition didn’t work and if the Church got to a certain point he couldn’t stop the church from growing. But is just proves the power of God. I mean Satan did everything and I mean everything in his power to stop the Church, but guess what?! God will always win and whoever should fight against God’s church shall perish. The Church was meant to fill the Earth and it has, and will continue to spread! Satan cannot stop it!
Also, I took from it that when you're accomplishing the most is when the opposition is greatest. So, remember when you have opposition something good is happening or about to happen.
But this weekend was sweet. My testimony grew a ton! I've been really trying to step it up because I know for a fact that if I do my part of the work, the Lord will make up for the rest.
Well, I know this Church is true! I would stand behind the church even to death. I know it's the only true Church. I know everyone deserves to hear the gospel, because it's the only gospel that will bring the most happiness and best of all eternal life! I love this work!
But, dad if you have more memorization techniques please send them. I've tried the wall pushups, pushups, and pinching myself, haha. It actually works very well, it's funny! I just sit there and pinch myself as I memorize.
Glad to hear you guys are doing great. I love you guys so much!!