Hey guys!!! How are you all doing? Hope that everything is going good, cause I gotta tell ya things here are amazing. Conference, I’m not even kidding, changed my whole thought process toward a mission. I got all my questions answered that I needed going into conference, and my testimony is literally stronger than ever. I just had the best weekend of my life. Conference all day Saturday, All day Sunday and Sunday night we still had a devotional which was we had Elders and Sisters say their favorite songs and we sung them which was way cool, then we watched the Joseph Smith movie, which was absolutely amazing.
To start things off, last weekend on Saturday was our second time teaching the first lesson in Chinese which went a lot better than the last time it was actually pretty good I felt a lot more confident. This weekend we are teaching the 2nd lesson for the first time which could be really interesting and I hope that I can prepare for it and the Lord will bless me for my hard work.
But other than just teaching the second lesson nothing is really changing. Except that the new missionaries we got from Hong Kong added to our zone, they are leaving next week already to the field, they've only been here for 3 weeks. I’m really sad, I’ve gotten so attached to them in only a week, I don't want them to go, but I guess the Lord needs them more then I do. Well I’m really glad that the trip went good and was fun, Josh should totally get into mountain biking that'd be sweet.
But about conference, my testimony grew a ton not even kidding, especially during the Joseph Smith movie. During the movie I was just writing down impressions that I was having and after the movie I read them and man not gonna lie they were way powerful. But also last night in my journal I just started writing about my testimony regarding my missionary work, I'll send you guys a letter about it, I’m not even kidding my testimony is so strong right now. And I have all the Lord to thank. Just like my patriarchal blessing says that I'll be able to have a part in this great ministry with a testimony that is true and firm. Man I Love this work!
But my favorites were one during priesthood meeting regarding the relationship between fathers and sons and Elder Hollands!!! Man during Elder Holland’s Elder Duff and I couldn't even help but just look at each other in awwwwee!!!! It was absolutely moving, and when he held up the actual Book of Mormon I was freaking out, haha we looked at each other and were like no way!! But it's crazy that that was the first time that I actually watched a session all the way through let alone all 5 sessions. And I actually prepared for it and had question I wanted answered going into it, man was I ever edified. I got so much out of it, it was awesome. But that talk you like by Elder Brent Nielson was really good. There were 3 way sweet talks in a row: Elder Holland's, Elder Cook's, and then your guy!!! It was sweet!
Isn't it crazy that I leave the MTC in 4 weeks. I’m like freaking out, I don't feel ready at all and feel like I have a ton more to learn before I can even think about teaching the Gospel, let alone hold a conversation to get the opportunity to actually teach. But the language is coming. From conference the main thing I learned was a different view for my mission. I wrote it down in my journal and I don't have that with me right now so I'll have to send you a letter later this week, regarding all my thoughts and testimonies from conference and from the movie and everything.
Josh- Hey bud I love you so much, I’m so glad that you had fun bike riding, wish that I could have been there to enjoy that experience with you. But good to see that your grades are up, keep up the good work, cause I know that you can do even better than that. I just want to let you know, that I look up to you so much. Thanks for being the best example ever, I love you so much. I'd do anything in the world to protect you and anything to let you have happiness. Thanks for being so amazing.
Cade- Hey bud, hope that swimming is still going good!! Hope that you’re still working hard in swimming and school. Bud I know that I tell you this all the time but seriously you have so much potential it's crazy. I see it and I don't want you to waste that so keep working really hard in all you do, school, swimming, and being a sweet kid. I love you so much bud, you are so awesome. Thanks for being sweet!!! Love you bud
Britton- Hey Cute bud!! Haha I know you're getting old for the word cute but I can't help it you really are so cute, k well you're sexy (good look'n) if that makes it any better. Keep up the hard work in school, and in soccer. I love you so much and can't wait to see you again. Hope you still being a good brother and friend like you always are. Love you bud!!!!
Abby- Hey my little adorable abs. You have no idea how many people here absolutely adore you. My roommate Elder Duff's girlfriend wants to see a picture cause I talk you up so much. (mom can you send me some more pictures of abs, especially one of me and her smiling in church clothes :D) But Abby I hope your still being the perfect wonderful little sister to all the brothers, and helping mom out. I love you so much honey and know that you’re doing good in all your doing. I miss you so much. Love you hun!!!
Well family, I hope that all is well, I'll be writing my testimony and conference thoughts in a letter later this week, and hopefully I'll have the pictures back of the new elders from Hong Kong. But I love you guys so much. I know this church is true, and that missionary work is the most important thing I can be doing right now. Thanks for all the support and love you guys share with me. I love you guys so much!!!!