Sunday, July 3, 2011

We have the Answers!

Family!!

Time just keeps flying by! It seems like yesterday that I last emailed all of you. But I hope and pray that all is still going well and you’re all moving right along and doing what the Lord would have each of you do.

This last week was an amazing week. The Lord is really blessing me this last transfer. Even though we only had 1 hour in our own area, I saw people’s lives change, missionaries happy, and the Spirit manifest in many different situations; it was a very spiritually filled week. I’m so happy! I can't even express the amount of joy and love I have been able to feel here on my mission in Taiwan. I love this country, especially the people. They are so cute; they make me so happy, and allow me to feel just like home. These people are amazing.....

Well this week I’d like to share a couple of amazing experiences that I was able to be a part of.

Monday night we went on exchanges with Elder Visser and Elder Seibert just two hardworking, sanctified missionaries. It was fun! I went with Elder Visser my companion with Elder Seibert. I don't know if you remember but I was Elder Visser's District Leader when He first came on island, and I was his Zone Leader. So it was great to be exchanges with him again. We share a special bond and really look up to each other. We said a prayer to start the exchange, and started talking to everyone. It was amazing, we didn't see a ton of success at the first, but then as I was riding down the side of the road, after just getting rejected, a scooter pulled up and stopped me. It was a woman, the first words that came out of her mouth were, "Hey is there a church around here" with startled eyes, I just smiled and said of course! I told her we represent the church that she needs to come to. I then invited her to sit down with us, and she was more than willing.

As we were sitting down she told us "I have some serious questions I've been thinking about for a long time I have to ask you two." She then asked me, "How old are you?" I told her "20 years old." She then stated, "Too young to answer the questions I have, you haven't had any life experience yet." Without even thinking about it these words blurted out of my mouth "We have all the answers!" Then I said because (as I held up the Book of Mormon) of this book. She then with a surprised look on her face started to go off. I don't know what the purpose of my life is, why I’m here. Why I need to go through life, why this, why that. I just listened in joy, with the knowledge that the Gospel of Jesus Christ would answer every one of these questions.

After she finished, I bore simple but power testimony, "although I’m only 20 years old, I know why I’m here, What I’m supposed to do, and How to do it!" She said "OK tell me" I then told her that I wouldn't tell her but said "If I just tell you it has no purpose, you have to go found out on your own, by reading the Book of Mormon." She looked at the book, and we gave her a copy. We invited her to study it and find out for herself, she said "I absolutely will". We then proceeded into teaching her about baptism and the importance of it. We invited her, once God answers your prayer and tells you that these things are true, through the power of the Holy Ghost, Will you be baptized by someone holding the priesthood Authority of God? She said, YES I will. If his will help me find out the questions I've been pondering my whole life. I was just so filled with the spirit, the Lord lead us as we portrayed the message of this wonderful Gospel. I’m so grateful for the Spirit and the guidance it gives us in all aspects of life. She is a prepared soul, thirsting for the Gospel, and she found it!! Heavenly Father really does love all of His children, and prepares a way to overcome anything and everything that we go through in life. I love Heavenly Father, I’m grateful for the relationship I have with Him!!

This week we also had, Zone Leader Council, which went absolutely amazing. This month we are focusing on Unity. Being unified in purpose, or being ONE! the spirit joined that meeting, and we all better understood the meaning and importance of unity. It's been fun studying up on this topic, and personally better understanding so that I may teach it. I've learned and gained a testimony of the importance of UNITY! It is important in anything that will become successful. Sports teams, businesses, families, but most important, CHURCH! We must be unified with God, Be ONE, or we have no way of returning to his presence. We are focusing on how to become one, which is to follow the invites that are given out in each meeting. If all of our missionaries accomplish the invite, the mission will be one! We are also focusing on the priesthood line of authority, in understanding that if we do what our priesthood leaders invite us to do, as long as it is in line with the gospel, then we will blessed for doing so. But when we think our way may be better, that is when the fruits of apostasy start. Studying this, has enlightened me, and helped me better understand the importance of the organization in the kingdom of God. I’m so grateful I have to work around president, train missionaries, and learn. I have learned so much valuable and precious things here in the office. I’m so grateful for the Lord allowing me this amazing opportunity. I’m going to miss this work very much. But I know I was supposed to serve a mission, I know that I've learned what I needed to learn, in order to serve the Lord the rest of my life, and continue in righteousness in all I do. Being an example of the believer! I love life! It's an amazing time to learn and grow!

Also this last week I had the opportunity to baptize a young 18 year old women that I found on the street, and passed over to the temple sisters. It was a great baptismal service. She is a prepared soul, and was very happy as she came up out of the water. I just love seeing people covenanting with God, and showing their faith in Him. It is a beautiful sight! What an amazing experience. Even though our area may not be exploding with investigators, I just love getting calls like..."this person you contacted while on exchanges is getting baptized". Nothing sounds more beautiful to my ears then that. I’m grateful for this work.

Well family, I love you all, and I’m so grateful to call you my family! Keep working hard and doing all you can to serve the Lord in all things. Continue to develop your testimonies of the Lord, and this Gospel. Because it is true, I know it!

Love-
Elder Rasmussen