Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hey Family,

Well things are just going so great. More and more trials come as the time comes closer and closer, but it's a great learning experience, so I’m grateful for this opportunity I have to work through trials in order to grow closer to God. This last week was a busy one. It was full of interviews, exchanges and just being busy doing things to get ready for the new missionaries who are coming on this week, and we have decided to rewrite the follow up method, into a return and report method which we believe will put more emphasis on being agents as missionaries and acting not being acted upon. The mission is improving so fast and oh so very much, we are seeing miracles. The missionaries are starting to be agents and are starting to get it. They are putting forth the effort in order to accomplish this great and marvelous work, it is a great time to be a missionary, things are changing, the second coming is nigh at hand. I’m grateful for the calling I have of being the Lord's missionary. I've experienced the lows and the highs the in-betweens and all others, and throughout it all I've grown and become what I believe the Lord wants me to become. I still have much to grow and do, but I believe I’m on the right path, and can't wait to very excitingly and enthusiastically start my life. I’m excited for the future and what it has in store.

This last week we have been video-taping the Taiwanese missionaries for the youth conference. We have them share how their testimony has grown because of this missionary experience; then we have them invite them to come on a mission. Then we usually have them do something exciting, or to get the group of young men and women to laugh. There will be 1000+ kids watching this video. This is twice as big as last year, because it's an all island youth conference. This Tuesday we will be meeting with a member who is a professional video person, and we will be cutting and putting together this video. There are some hilarious takes that are going to rock the youth conference, our missionaries are so good. It's going to be very fun. The youth will really enjoy the video and hopefully because of it they will have more energy and enthusiasm to serve missions. There are more and more natives serving, but there needs to be more. It’s going to be great though. I’ll have to bring home some of the tapes and show you, they are hilarious.

We had interviews 3 of the days last week, and were on exchanges 5 of the days last week. It was amazing, I really got a feel of the missionaries and the work that they are doing. They are doing great. We saw many, many miracles out in the field this week. People just willing to sit down and listen to the gospel, willing to set baptismal dates, and willing to come to church. It is an amazing thing to be a part of.

This Sunday was a great Sunday also. The Catholic college and their students came again. But this time instead of 20+ people they brought 50+ people. It was good just like last time, always my favorite is the question and answer section of the experience. Even though sometimes they don't get to a lot of questions because some of the leaders who are in attendance take a long time to explain something. But it is still good. It's just an interesting feeling sitting in front of 50+ people asking questions about the religion. Out of it 10 people gave us their information and hopefully will be willing to meet and learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So all in all it was a successful activity, and all the students loved it.

The other day for dinner we made our way to Wu Momma's house and had a barbecue with the old Song Shan crew. It was so good to see all them again. They are doing so well, there were two new faces that I didn't recognize, I soon found out that they were new investigators. That really made me feel good inside, they were just being brought in like family. When they are baptized they are already going to have the support system needed to stay active in the church. And all the kids are already friends, so things are going great in Song Shan. We ate so much food though; it was a never ending supply of amazing meat! Don’t get me wrong I love meat, but when you eat nothing but meat, you get full and right now my stomach is yelling at me because of how much meat I ate last night. It was so delicious though!! Wu Momma's other son Gaun Ting the one that will be baptized in December showed up, he was released from the military for the weekend, it just so happens it was this last weekend so I was able to see him. I love him so much, this family is just amazing. I told him if I could I would save the money and come back during Christmas break and baptized him, which he would love. But I told him, if I can make the money and do the necessary preparation. I didn't promise him, but I think that would be awesome. He is a stud. There is a new member that is 24 years old that is often with Wu Momma and he is 22, I want them to hook up, that would be a beautiful temple marriage in the coming years. I told Wu Momma to start working on that, she just laughed!! I love that ward, it has a special place in my heart.

Well family I just want to say, I know the Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God, if we make a study habit of it, our life will change, and the quality of all that we do will improve. I know that God lives, and is glorified and given an example of so well through His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. I love my Savior. I know he lives. He died for each and every one of us, so that we along with our families may not suffer the chains of death forever. I love this gospel, it has changed my life, and I know it will continue to do so. I thank God for the growth I've seen while I've been out here.

I love you family,
-Elder Rasmussen,
See ya in a week!

(I’m coming home to two brothers who are taller than me probably, and buffer than me, oh no what am I going to do..........?)