Sunday, February 6, 2011

I loved seeing Abby with Sister Liang!

Oh man I can't even tell you how happy I am looking at those pictures. Two groups of people I love the most, my family and my Song Shan ward members (Sister Liang). I’m so glad that you had the opportunity to meet Sister Liang, she really is a star isn't she. I love her so much. You know what I really want to do is save the money to help Wu Momma and her son come to America and stay with us for a couple days or so, because I know they don't have the money to do so, with her supporting the family, and her cancer the money gets used in other areas. But I am so grateful to the Lord that I had the opportunity to serve so long in Song Shan, I love those people! I would do anything for them.

Looks like you guys had a blast with them over there. Did all sorts of stuff, I loved seeing Abby with Sister Liang, that just made me smile and my heart burn with joy and happiness. I don't even have the words to explain what I’m feeling right now, then also to see her sister there, all the other missionaries that I served with, and two of my best friends. What an amazing experience that must have been. Thank you so much for the pictures. I hope that you had a small feeling of the joy I have working around and with these amazing people. It's the best experience of my life, I wouldn't change it for anything ever. I love it so much.

This last week was amazing. It was the Chinese New Year, so we got fed a lot of food. Everyone is really happy, but they are all way busy too getting all things ready for the New Year. But I ate some cool things. I think the highlight for the week was the Cow's Large Intestines that I ate. Oh yea, how nice and chewy those were. I just soaked it in soy sauce and was saying a prayer in my heart, thinking that it will be over before I know it and just unwillingly thrust it into my mouth, chewed it for a while and found that it got grosser and grosser as I chewed it so I just made the decision to swallow whatever was not yet chewed up. Wow it was interesting. I passed on the pig's foot though this time. I’ve tried it before so I just said no thanks, haha.. You can still see the small parts of hair on the foot it is greeeeeeaaaaatttt!! But because of the new years the work slowed down a bit, everyone was out of town. But the Lord still allowed us to see many, many miracles because of our hard work and faith. I’ve never been so tired in my entire life. Because a lot of people were out of town we didn't have a lot of lessons, so we were outside all day everyday knocking doors and contacting those that were on the streets. I'd get home at the end of the night and feel like collapsing on the bed. But the cool thing was I just got up the next day earlier then the day before (studied Chinese) then kept the norm, working till you can feel your feet move anymore, until you need to fall, then praying that the Lord will carry you and allow you to work even further. This is not a normal life, I just think of 19-20 years old doing this every day, so someone outside of the church they'd think that we are crazy, but to me I’m lucky for this opportunity to grow, and to serve among this amazing group of people also known as the children of God. I love my calling. Lately it has been warming up also, so we don't need to wear the layers anymore, we can just stick with the short sleeve shirt and it is just fine.

Miracle I would like to tell you about quick.

So we were out on the street. We had just gotten done teaching a lesson; we were deciding what to eat. We decided to get domino's pizza because it was on the corner of the lesson's house area. So we got it and we were thinking where we could eat it. We ended up going to a park. I finished mine first and my companion was still eating, I got up and threw my boxes away. I contacted a lady and got a flat out rejection. So I started back for the table that we were sitting at, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a lady carrying bags. I had the feeling to go and talk with her. So I did. I say hello how are you. She said, “Good.” I asked her if she believes in a God. She said that I believe in a power but I don’t know if it is god or not. So I pulled out the scriptures and read with her the story of Aaron and the king, when the king talks about the power not knowing God. I read it with her, I then just testified just as you are living, I know there is a God. She said how do you know (in a curiosity-like manner)! I told her about the spirit and how it testifies of truth. She then said something that almost took me off of my feet. She said, If I have a lot of interest in the Mormon Bible will you be willing to meet with me every week and teaching me about it. Haha It took me a minute to respond, I didn't know quite how to respond because I’m the one that usually asks them to meet with us. after a minute of getting me head straightened back on straight, I said of course. I said we can meet with you 2 or 3 times a week. She said OK that is perfect. Then I had the thought, well I don't want her just to know about the Book of Mormon (Mormon bible) I need to tell her what our purpose as missionaries is. So I used the Book of Mormon the tell her about baptism. She said I know, but I’m not ready to be baptized yet because I know that after you are baptized you can't drink coffee or tea. I then told her yeah but....If you know that the Book of Mormon is true you won't want to drink those things. She then proceeded to say I know, that is why I want to know if it is true or not. I was thrown off my feet. She was an amazing daughter of God. She was going out of town because of the Chinese New Year’s so she said to call her on the 8th which is tomorrow, and before she left she said one sec, let me check the number again to make sure you wrote it down right. It was an amazing experience that had to be because God is aware of his children. There is no way that was a coincidence that just happened. That was set up by God. From us deciding what and where to eat, down to allowing me with the feeling to talk to her. What a great thing that spirit is. It's the only true way to do the work.

The Lord also allowed us to set 4 new baptismal dates in an hour period of time Thursday night. But other than these small things the week was full of contacting and loving the work. I love you guys so much.

Thank you so much for taking care of her and helping them have a spiritual time at our home and in Utah. It truly is a promised land.

Also quick, this past Sunday was unbelievable. The spirit was so strong it was amazing. I felt it from my head to my feet the whole 3 hours of church. Our investigator Sister Wei who is deciding whether she wants to be baptized or not, well she got her answer in church. After church, she came up and told us that she had made her choice and that she wants to be baptized. Also we have a Sister Zhang that passed her interview this past Sunday. Sister Wei is getting interviewed tomorrow, so we hope the best for her and are praying that Satan will not have power to pull her off the road. They are two great women that have progressed a lot.

This work is true I know it. I also know as real as me living and breathing that Jesus Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world also lives. I know it because I’ve received a pure testimony through the spirit that He lives. I know it and I can't deny it, I hope that the Lord will continue to use me in the way he See's fit. I’m willing to do anything for the Lord. I’m only a ready tool in his tool kit, Ready to be used at any time and any place. I love Him with all my heart, and am so grateful for the change he has brought to my life.

Thank you family so much. You guys are the best.

Love-
Elder Rasmussen