Sunday, October 31, 2010

Serving the Lord is the Life!!!!!

Looks like you guys had an amazing Halloween. We actually had a great Halloween also. Us 4 missionaries were in charge of the haunted house at the ward Halloween party. We took the whole 3rd floor and threw a pretty legit haunted house. It was way cool to put into action and have the ward members loving it. We made 3 kids cry (Success!!!! kidding) But it was a fun thing. The best was the sent the Relief Society through together and they were all freaking out like little girls it was great. It was fun to be a part of.

This we had 6 people baptized in the district. We had 2. We'll have one getting baptized next week also hopefully!! Marissa the Philippine that we were working with, and then Sister Ji Hui Er. They are both amazing people. It was so awesome to see them enter into a covenant with the Lord to serve him for the rest of their life's, In preparatory for the second coming of the Lord! (I’ll send pictures next week). It was a little crazy. Because the other Song Shan Elders had 4 baptisms with our 1 in Song Shan. That baptismal service started at 12:30. Marissa's was in another place because she was getting baptized into the English ward. That started at 2:30. So I baptized Sister Ji then we had to get in a taxi and fly to Jin Hua Jie to make it in time for Marissa's baptism. We got in the taxi and just told the taxi driver to get us there as fast as he could. A ride that usually takes 30-40 minutes took 15 minutes granted he broke every traffic law in the book, or that has ever existed!! It was funny to see him drive, but he got us there fast, so I'm not complaining. I forgot has loving and how much things English wards give people. After she got baptized she got flowered with gifts, and attacked by all the Philippine and American members. I just was reminded of the ability our ward at home has to take care of everyone and how wonderful of a ward we have back at home. We are so lucky to have friends all around us, to have home teachers, visiting teachers, help when needed, comfort to be given and love to share. We live in a wonderful community. IT was a good remembrance of back home. Not saying that the Chinese wards don't do that, but Taiwan needs to work on home teaching. It hardly gets done, which is why so many people fall away from the church. Home teaching is essential in the kingdom of God established here on earth.

I’ve been struggling (like mom) this last week with the wickedness and evils of the world. I love the people with all my heart, but they are en twisted in a never ending chain of death and hell, that is very, very, very hard to get out of. This week we got flooded with "bu yao" "bu xu yao""bu yong""mei you yong" All that have to do with, no use, I don't need it, I don't want, all things that aren't true because they don't know the reality of this gospel. Last night for instance we saw a huge miracle helped a mom sit down and meet her God. She committed to prayer and working to meet her Heavenly Father who loves her. On the way home for 45 minutes we talked to probably 35 people, all said in some sense or another, I don't want to listen. It was hard, and the worst was "I don't need that." It hit me to the core. I didn't know how to act, they are so blinded by the other powers. They don't even know what they want or need. Everyone needs the gospel of Jesus Christ. But many people, like the scriptures are blinded by the craftiness of men or the foolish traditions of their fathers. It's sad how much disrespect gets thrown at Christ. It's not fun to hear it all. Then to end the night, a man with his wife and kid on a scooter. I asked them a question to do with families. He was like you guys are the Mormons, Get away from us, then drove off. It just the prophecies of the holy prophets that our church will be a few in numbers and hated or treated harshly by all, but will be a light to all those around us. I really feel like My companion and I are a ball of light walking around a Godless Sinful City!! or in essence a Godless Sinful World. Sorry family I don't have a ton of time this week, next week will be a lot better and have pictures of the baptism. But Just know this work needs the gospel of Jesus Christ, do everything in your power to share with everyone that doesn't have it. This world is about to burn from evilness now, NOW is the time to step up our faith and become sanctified servants of the Lord. We need to put our lives on the line for the Savior.

I know this gospel is true. I know Jesus Christ is my best friend, Savior and Redeemer. He truly is my life and my light. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love reading, studying, and pondering its passages of perfect complexion and writings of ancient prophets who saw our time and day and all the evils that existed. The preparation for the Second coming is happening all around us we have no time to wait, put on our work shoes and gloves and get to work. This is the most important and happiest work in the world. I am blessed to be a part of it.

Thank you guys so much for all the support. You all look like you’re doing great.
Mom, thank you for doing that web page on Mormon.org. It looks great! I also know that your testimony and faith will bless many, many people.

I love you guys so much, Thank you guys for everything

Elder Rasmussen

Serving the Lord is the Life!!!!!


Also Tell Zack he needs to settle down on the weights, he's literally going to pop. Not bad though. My missionary bubble belly totally beats his though: D