Sunday, October 17, 2010

As Long As We Follow the Commandments the Lord Doth Immediately Bless Us!

Every week I get happier and happier to read about my family and how well they are doing. You guys are all so happy, I love it. I am so proud for a specific reason. When I read the part that dad and Josh are getting ordained tonight, dad to the High Priest and Josh to the Elders I was filled with the power and spirit of God. I know the priesthood is real. I’m so grateful for the example of priesthood that has been shown to me in my life by a loving father. I’m also grateful that I have the opportunity worthily carrying the priesthood, testifying that Jesus is the Christ, and that this is his restored gospel!!! What a wonderfully perfect calling I have, to be a servant of the Lord and the son of Klayne and Verena Rasmussen, and brother of Josh, Trey, Cade, Britton, and Abby. I have a perfect life, thank you guys!!!

Well this week was crazy!!! It was great. My first week of training and being district leader was very interesting. Elder Workman my trainee has caught on to the talk to everyone frenzy I love it. Last Sunday when I had all the goals from the companionship's in the district, I added them up and made a total goal for the district. It was a high goal, that when I called into the zone leader he didn't believe me when I told him at first. But I was praying how I could help my district reach these goals. Also since my district is very, very, very young, I have had some questions brought up like, How can I contact if I don't understand what they are saying. I was praying and one of the first times I received direct revelation through a random scripture that I have never read before. Two actually. I read them and it was exactly what they needed to know that regardless of their language ability the Lord will be by their side. One was even about speaking in tongues. It was a spiritual experience. But then I received more inspiration in order to meet our goals that we've set and our potential we needed to be perfectly obedient. So the next day, I assigned everyone in the district 6 pages of the white hand book. In district meeting we went over everything we can do to be perfectly obedient' missionaries. In Mosiah 2 it tells us that as long as we follow the commandments (or rules in this case) the Lord doth IMMEDIATELY bless us. It came true the night of district meeting when all the members of the district called in the first thing I said was. Tell me of the miracles, and they had many to tell me about. It was a great experience. In district meeting I just was filled with excitement and fire with the work. I read a bunch of fire quotes to get our fire up and excited to go out and talk to everyone. It was a great district meeting, the spirit of the Lord was in charge. But something funny, the starting of district meeting wasn't all too great. I wanted to take a district picture on the roof. So we all ran up there, after we took the pictures we went back to go down stairs and to our horror the door was locked behind us. So we had no way of getting off the hot roof to start our district meeting. So we ended up calling Wu mama to come help us get out. She eventually did which we were all so happy for. Then we all got in the elevator and started going down from the 10th floor to the 3rd floor. It stopped on the third floor and but didn't open. The elevator just started chanting out of order. I don't even know how to explain the bad luck we were having. But we had 8 missionaries and Wu mama all stuck in an elevator that wouldn't open. It was really hot and stuffy in there. They called the repair men to come and get us out. Eventually after 10 minutes. I just stuck my hand in the middle of the door and forced it open to get out. I don’t know why we didn't think of that earlier, but it was all good. A good experience to have as a part of a rockin first district meeting I guess if you want to be optimistic about it!!!

It was great to see the miracles and blessings of the Lord. This week we ended with 14 new investigators and 21 baptismal dates. It was something only done through the Lord’s hands. But it's not done, it will only continue to improve and get bigger and bigger until it's what the Lord wants it to become. Sister Chen passed her interview this last Saturday. She will be baptized next week. She is an amazing mom with two little girls. She is the professional dancer. This last week we went over the baptismal interview questions. I asked her what having a living prophet meant to her life. She gave the best answer I’ve ever heard. Then after the questions I looked at her and asked her Sister Chen are you ready to get baptized, she just looked at me and said YES!!! She then proceeded to say how she likes this church more and more every time she reads and meets with us. She is amazing. We will hopefully have 2 more baptisms this month Rita, and Marissa. Marissa is a Philippine, and Rita is a Taiwanese. They both are really good. We just have to push them through and help them this last week. So if you guys could prayer for them. But that would but 5 baptisms for this month which is actually really good. It's been exciting to see miracles. Then the other elders in our district are looking at 4 more this month. so our district is doing really, really good. I’m so excited to see this district grow together unto Christ. But yeah that is a little update on the situation. We also have a bunch of really good people lined up for November. It’s going to be really fun to see the hand of the Lord in helping these souls and children of God prepare for baptism.

Training has been the funnest thing ever. I love Elder Workman. It is great working with him, I’ve learned so much from him and I know I’ll just continue to learn more and more. This has been a great opportunity given to me from the Lord to help a new missionary learn the new real way of the Taipei Taiwan mission. We talk to everyone, and I mean everyone. We invite every, and I mean everyone to repent and come unto Christ through baptism. This is a great time to be a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the only true church on the face of the earth. I know it's true!!!

Something really, really scary happened this week. We had president interviews this week. Something was brought up that shocked me. He was like OK your going home dates are July or September. Then he showed me two dates. I was shocked that I had to even think about it (which I won’t do), but it helped me realize that time goes by way too fast. So you don't want to waste one second of it. It's crazy that my year mark on island is almost here. My mission has just flown by, but I’ve loved every minute of it, both the hard and the easy. It's all been for the benefit of myself or those around me, and I’m grateful for the progress the Lord has allowed me to make in my character and views on pretty much everything. I have grown to be downright overwhelmed with the want and desire to get married for time and all eternity and my desire to do something with the talent of golf has climbed higher than ever. The Lord has blessed me with a vision of my life; I know where I want to go. I may not know which path to take to get there yet, but as long as I’m on the path of the Lord I don’t need to worry about the other stuff, he will show me the way.

I love this gospel so much. I love serving the Lord, and being close to him through prayer. I know through His power of the Holy Ghost that God Lives. Jesus is the Christ, The Savior of the world. I know this and it has changed my life. I know the power of the Atonement is true. I have felt the cleansing power, and I literally fill the cleansing power run through my body every time I partake of the sacrament. I know the power of the Priesthood is real. It does miracles when used righteously. I know I hold the power that God used to create the world and man. I am slowly but surely developing my faith in Christ. I know I can do miracles in his name. This is the true church of Christ. No one can prove it is not. I love my family and know they are the 2nd source of energy in my life. The first being my Lord and Savior, even friend Jesus Christ. I say this testimony in His name, Amen!

I love you guys so much, thank you guys so much for all the pictures and everything you guys do for me. Trust me, I get a burning fire and excited for the work when I read your letters and see pictures of each and every one of you!!!!

I love you guys

-Elder Rasmussen