Sunday, August 22, 2010

Looks Like I Might Be Moving Again!

This week was a great week!

First of all I can't believe that Steve is home and that I’m past my year mark on my mission, it's crazy time really just flies by, it's a scary thought if you’re not doing anything worthwhile with your time. I’m sitting here watching all these grown men on internet chat lines, sitting in chairs, playing online role playing games, smoking and chewing bing lang (equivalent but a little worse than chewing tobacco, and makes your whole mouth and teeth red)...It really is a sad sight, knowing none of them have a direction in life, if they have families not spending any time with them and not having any goals...Just wasting away time...Time just goes by hour by hour they are playing these games disregarding the outside world playing in their little virtual world..Sooner or later they are going to end up on their deathbed, in front of kids, or at work not knowing where those precious moments went spending time with their family, hanging out with friends, and experiencing the ups and downs of life...It literally makes me hurt inside!! The worst part about it is, and the part that makes me hurt the most is before my mission I did pretty much the same thing with xbox...I’m vowed to myself to never buy an xbox or gaming system ever again, I testify that it ruined my life, lucky for the atonement of Jesus Christ has changed that very life that was controlled by the gaming world just a year ago...I would exhort all kids not to play AT ALL!! There is absolutely no point and I mean none..You get nothing out of it. Get out and experience something new, find out a new talent, play the piano, practice sports make more lasting relationships with those friends that will help you and protect you during your teenage years from that very power none as Satan that makes video games ok in one’s life....It is worthless....You learn nothing, and if it brings happiness it is for a very, very short period of time..Change our lives, get out and help the world, we are on this earth to serve others not game systems!!! I know you can play a little and love to do other things, that’s ok, but these men are men with no other wants and desired they thrive off the virtual world they are living, not thinking about the real world and how to improve...Be careful or the grasps of video games will control your life and won't let you get out easy..!!! You may think that you can just turn it off whenever, well tell yourself that 4 hours later!! It's addicting and abusing to ones soul!!!! STOP!

Sorry for the rage, but man I just don't like that because I see how badly it influenced my life before and I want to help those that have the same problem that I had before...

This week was great, on Wed we went to a youth conference...There were 500 youth there from Taipei, they had just finished 2 days of pulling handcarts and doing a trek and now they were in the mountains in a way beautiful place...It was a beautiful area...We had a stage set up and we did a program for the kids that looked rather tired. But first we ate, it was literally the most food that I’ve ever seen in my entire life, it was amazing. We ate the great food, then we had the program..We (missionaries) started out by singing a song (the one that I had to go higher in my voice then I even thought was possible for a man to go), then we shared the history of Taiwan and missionary work, because right now we have 2 senior missionaries who were apart of the original 8 who set foot in and opened up Taiwan to missionary work..it was a very inspirational message. The theme tonight was to get the youth excited to serve their own missions. Then they played the video of all the local missionaries challenging them to serve missions. They videotaped all of them, and man was it funny...It really allowed us to feel the spirit but stay loose at the same time. It was great. The last song we sang a swaying song...so we missionaries gathered arms and swayed back and forth....It reminded me of camps when I was younger and the feeling of brotherhood. It was a great feeling of peace and comfort to know this was "a camp of zion" 500 + youth and 50 missionaries. We were all there to learn and pay tribute to the one that makes this possible, that is our Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ. It was a sensational feeling...I can't wait to have my own family, I remember that feeling from a special place in my heart and life, that is being around you guys. I love my family with all my heart. They are my life, I love being with you guys because I always have that feeling of "Zion’s Camp" in a worthy family bound by the power of the Priesthood to live beyond the curse of death together forever. What a wonderful and so real and true feeling we all get to enjoy.

Also We found out that my companion is training the Korean elder, and we also found out because of his visa he had to come a week early. So he is already here. He is cool, his English is cool, but most of the time they speak Chinese because Elder Choi has to teach him Chinese and train him. It's pretty cool though. He is really brave and willing to do the work of the Lord. He shared the spiritual thought as we ate at a members house yesterday and he asked them for referrals which was great. But this means that I’m moving once again...The Lord just loves moving me around. But I’m grateful because in every area and with every companion I learn new things that the Lord knows I need to progress and become the man, father, missionary, servant and disciple that he wants and knows that I can and should become. It will be interesting to see where I will be going.

He family there is a member right now in my ward Chen De Li His family lives in america Utah Spanish Fork, he has to finish his work contract and then will move there to live with them. I told him I wanted my family to have a family dinner with them. He'll be going to utah the end of August for a couple of weeks I told him my family would love to treat him to a family night dinner etc...He'll give me his number and stuff!!!!! I just think that would be a great experience for the kids to know a man that I’m knowing and working with...He is an amazing member, he served a mission back in the day and is a stud of a man. His family is great too, they still aren't used to the English in America but still can speak a little....So if you guys would be willing I’ll give him your information and you guys can call and set that up!!! It would be awesome....Thanks :D

Well Family, short letter for a short week. I’m still loving my mission...I know God Lives, He loves each and everyone of us. He is aware of all of our needs and concerns. He is willing to help us if were willing to ask! I know Jesus Christ is my Savior, I know his atonement is real and takes a lasting, true, and eternal change in those that are willing to accept that specific sacrifice...This work and opportunity is the best choice I’ve ever made, and is lining me up with a vision some of the other most important choices I’ll make (school, work, MARRIAGE, KIDS, etc....) I really do love my life, I also love my family..My loving and caring mom, my dad who is the literal man of my life, my younger brother who towers over me in height but touches my heart every time I’m with him, my other brother who is joined with me in missionary work in another place, my other brother who has love beyond measure and shares that with everyone, the other brother who everyone loves to be around because of the Christ like light that he radiates, and my loving sister who words can't describe.......You guys are my life, I love you guys so much!!!

till next week...I love you!

-Elder Rasmussen