Sunday, June 5, 2011

There Were Families Left and Right Willing to Hear the Gospel!

FAMILY!

This last week we had a wonderful exchange in Tao Yuan with the zone leaders there. We got there and just like always started talking to everyone in sight. Oh man did we see miracles or what. There were just families left and right, plus they were all willing to hear the gospel. It was amazing. Taiwan is a very prepared place (well the whole world is too but yeah...) Lately just like the past few weeks there have been so many people just wandering into the area of the temple and church. Wanting to do tours and learn more about our church. It's amazing to see all of these children of God just come walking in back to their original home (they just don't know it yet). For example, we had just come out of the church, I saw a lady and said we want to share a message with you. She said OK. We said we want to take you into our church here. She said good, I've been praying that I could have a chance to go into this church, I just didn't know how. As we were walking into the church she looked up to the heaven's and said, Thank you God! It was a beautiful sight, I was struck with happiness and a feeling of fulfilling our purpose as servants of the Lord. Things like this are just happening every single day, it's amazing. The Lord is allowing so many of His children to be lead to our church and partake of its goodness.

This week I had a sad but neat experience where I learned the worth of a soul. As we were standing at the train station awaiting the train ride home, I heard a voice from behind me that said, “hello.” I turned around and it was a young man about 18 years of age, wearing a hat that was in bunny shape and color. Clearly he had a little mental issue. I shook his hand smiled and expressed my love for him. He smiled then continued on. About minutes later, across the landing I heard some noises and looked up, to find that same young man holding a sign and dancing on the other platform. He was enjoying himself and didn't think anything of it. But then the sorrow struck, as I examined a group of high school students mocking and making fun of him. A Couple of college students video-taping him (I couldn't only imagine what they will do with that) the feeling of Godly sorrow filled my soul. Tears started to form in my eyes, The worth of a soul pounded against my chest. My only thought at that time was, This young man has a wonderful, beautiful, Godly potential spirit in him that is just hurting right now because of the things being said to him. I was hurt, and I knew that this young man was a child of God. I knew just like anyone else, he can and will become like God, and live in perfection and happiness forever. How much I longed to hug him and comfort him, but knowing that he didn't fully comprehend what the others were doing to him, I felt a little better. But it just hurt to see a child of God receive that kind of treatment. I can only imagine after we all meet again in the afterlife, the spirit of that young man, behind completely coherent and able to make choices now, going up to the others asking why? Why they were so mean to him. Then the others feeling Godly sorrow and also not knowing why. It was a great learning experience for me, that I learned earlier in my mission, but this experience added upon the first. I know from this experience that all men, women, and children are children of God. They all deserve what God has, and when we as humans don't allow that opportunity for a soul, oh how scary is the state that we are in. We mus forget ourselves, do what God would do, and become perfected through sanctification. It's hard, but oh so worth it. I love the Taiwanese people so very much!

This week also in English class I had a great opportunity! For the last 30 minutes I opened it up for questions about our church. They just started asking left and right, about everything. It was an amazing experience just to stand there and testify of truths and being able to answer through the scriptures the truths of the Kingdom. I know this church includes the fullness of the Gospel I can't deny it. Every time I read the Book of Mormon I learn something completely new, but that adds upon the other things I've receive from the power of the Holy Ghost. It's a spiritual feast every time I open those pages. This feast has embedded the word of God throughout my body, I know it's true. I love reading the scriptures!

Also this week we met an amazing man, Brother Wang. He is 21 years old, but looks like he's in His 30's. He is golden and really willing to study about the gospel. It's good to have an investigator that wants to learn and know these things. He came to church also which was great. I’m excited about him. Also we have a Brother Liu. We are trying to figure out if he is there enough to be baptized, because if He doesn't have to be we can't. But we are going to see if he can follow through on his commitments or not, if he does then we know He can be baptized and has the choice enough to do so. But he's not slow, he's just got some problems in the brain!

Well family, this week was good. I thank you all for everything you do. Keep praying for me, and I will for you. I know this work is true, I love it so much. Challenges are the way to grow and develop in faith! Thank you all once again.

Love your son, and elder brother

Elder Brock Rasmussen

PS: Soon followed by Elder Josh Rasmussen "That's so cool!"