Wow I can't believe it! Everyone is growing up so very very much. I literally don't recognize some of the pictures. Too crazy!! I've pretty much stayed the same (lost a little hair, but hey that's just what comes with getting old I guess :C) But anyway looks like everyone is doing great. I loved seeing all the pictures of everyone thank you so much for sending them to me. It was great to see them. Ivan looks happy too, that's great to see him after serving an honorable 2 year mission for the Lord. It really does change your life, this missionary experience.
This last week was really good. The Zone is improving and doing a lot better. It just improves every week. It makes me happy and glad to see that the missionaries in our zone are starting to get it more and more and knowing how to serve the Lord with all their heart, might, mind, and strength. As a zone we got a ton of people to come to church and have a ton of progressing investigators. So my companion and I are really happy and excited about the improvement and the direction the zone is going, in following the direction of the mission, which is the direction of the Lord! It's really easy, something I've figured out very literally on my mission. FOLLOW THE PROPHETS AND BE BLESSED, OR DON'T AND SUFFER! It's that easy, everyone is searching for the key to life. The quick fix, the book for dummies, how to be a better parent, how to earn a million dollars in a year, how to do this and that. The steps to success and happiness in life are to FOLLOW THE PROPHET! Why do I say this, because we had the opportunity to be a part of a special experience this past Sunday that lead me to appreciate even more the importance of living prophets, and modern revelation. We were invited to take around 25 Catholic priests and nuns to church and them on a tour of the chapel and then to Q&A session. They were to ask us questions why we were different and whatever was on their mind. It was cool; we sat in the high priest room, the temple president, stake president, 2 bishops and my companion and I sat on a board in front of these people and just answered an hour of questions. It was the coolest thing ever. I love answering questions. Just listening to all the leaders of the church in Taiwan answer questions about the church was special. Then one of the nuns (in a kind of prove it way) asked us why do you guys believe in another bible. The book of revelations tells us that no more words should be added! The stake president asked us missionaries to answer the question. My companion told about why, then I pulled out the Bible haha. I just love the Bible. I told them, not one Christian knows this but in the Bible it talks about the Book of Mormon. They all just looked at me with a dumbfounded look on their faces. So I told them to go to Ezekiel 37:15-17 and then 2 Nephi 3:12. I talked about how God in two different places, talking to two different people about the same thing. I told them right you are holding the Judah stick in the bible. But where is the Ephraim stick or the Joseph posterity. They didn't know. I then read 2 Nephi with them. Said God tells Joseph's descendants the same thing, to take their record and join it together. You may ask why this is important I said. Then I re-read a part in the 2 Nephi, it states that we have 2 records to cast out false doctrine. This is why we need the Book of Mormon I said. Every Christian church reads the Bible, but they all interpret it differently. We need not trust in the arm of flesh anymore to know the Bible, we can trust the word of God. The spirit was strong and testified to the room at that time that the Bible really does talk about the Book of Mormon. It's just that no priest or minister reads that part and shares with his believers because he doesn't know the answer. Also they asked all these questions about things in the Bible and stuff. We had, through the restoration, answers to every single question that they asked. It was so amazing. We could answer any question. It was a really cool experience. I know prophets are essential and real. Without them we cannot and will not return to live with God again!!
Well this week we have 3 baptism interviews. Sister Ou Yang, Sister Wang, and Sister Wei. We are hoping that they will pass and be able to enter into a covenant with God. We are going to be really focusing on them and helping them develop their faith and learn more about the gospel. They are all so good, they are all so pure, and just want it. They are just looking for answers though. It will come though, I know the Lord has His time, if we’re doing what we need to do God is bound by his promise and will bless us.
We met a Black man named Yeuss this week. He's from Ghana. He is so so so so prepared. We met with him the second time. We started the lesson with, “What do you want to learn today?” He said, so humbly, “I just want to know what God doesn't want me to do.” Then in his closing prayer (only his 2nd prayer ever said) he said in broken English "Heavenly Father, thank you for bringing me into this church. I want to be a part of this church. Please open the hearts of my brothers and sisters so they too can accept your church. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I was so touched and felt the spirit rest upon the room when he said the prayer. It was a special moment. Even though we have to pass him on to other elders because he will need to go to the English ward, we will be able to see him and still communicate with him. He is a prepared chosen soul of God. It was great to have the chance to meet him, and feel of his love.
Well family, sorry this week was a little shorter, but I love you all so very much!
I know this church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true because I've read it, prayed about it and received an answer just like it says you will in Moroni 10. I love this gospel, and I will serve God the rest of my life. I will give my whole heart, soul, and desires to serve him. That includes rising up a righteous seed unto Him. I’m so grateful for you mom and dad for bringing me up in the gospel. Even though I made a lot of mistakes in my life that I will be forever regretful for, I’m grateful for the continuation of help and comfort that you two gave me!! I love all my family. Also hope to serve them the rest of my life.
Thank you guys,
-Elder Rasmussen