Sunday, January 2, 2011

This is the Last Time Emailing from Song Shan

Hey family, Wow what another great week in the mission field. It was full of miracles and the Lord allowing us to be tools in his hands. We once again ended with 21 lessons with members present 8 people to church and 8 new investigators....These people that are coming to church are truly progressing to baptism. It is a great feeling to see all these souls or sons and daughters of God progressing in the gospel. It makes me happy every time just to see them and to feel of their happiness. I just remember when we first met them they were completely different then they are right now!! It's an amazing thing what the Atonement of Jesus Christ can do to people's lives. I know it’s a real power and it has changed and blessed my life.

Our main investigators that you guys could help prayer for are Brother Wu Qi En He is trying to completely stop smoking, he's done to 1 a day but still needs to completely stop in order to get interviewed for baptism. Another Brother WU, he is doing great, just keep praying that he will be able to gain a testimony of these things through reading the Book of Mormon and praying. Sister Chen, she is a miracle we found on the street this week, she is doing great, just prayer for her on the road to baptism that as she runs into challenges she will be able to overcome them, Sister Huang Bella, she is doing great, we just set another baptismal date with her, she is hoping that her two identical twins can be baptized with her, so just prayer that everything will go well in her conversation process. There are a bunch others but these are the main ones I hope you guys can help us prayer for, they are all doing great, they just need an extra boost, and your guys' faith will help them!

Well this is the last time emailing from Song Shan, I’m moving. It's sad, I was hoping I would die here in Song Shan, it was a long shot but a shot I was willing to take, until on Friday night I received a call from the president asking me to go Zone Leader. Obviously I accepted, so I’ll be Zone Leader for the Central Zone. I don't know what to think, it is going to be interesting! I’m excited for the service opportunity and the opportunity to learn new things, the things that the Lord would want me to learn. It was sad last night saying goodbyes to the ward members here, I love them so much, they are my family. They make me so happy just to be around. They allow me to grow and be happy. They are such a great ward, this truly is a ward that if you come to you cannot not have success. I just remember when I first moved here over a year ago the ward was pretty good, but now it is flourishing. I’m not crediting myself, but just the fact that the Lord allowed me along with my companions to build this ward up and help them progress in testimony and strength, now is is the strongest ward you could hope for. The new members are just blowing things out of the water, their testimonies are growing rapidly from being present for our lessons, and they are all their own little pact which is growing more and more stronger...It has been so cool to see that change and see them grow in testimony and love for the gospel. It has been a great calling and opportunity to work here in Song Shan, and to be a member of such an amazing district. This district really was great, we were unified and all loved doing the work of the Lord, and because of it the Lord blessed us greatly and allowed us to flourish and harvest in his vineyard! I love this work, I’m so happy and excited I still have 7 more months to do this work and to help the children of God come unto the savior and to feel of his eternal arms of mercy wrapped around them. What a great calling I am a part of.

It's so crazy, that Rob flies home in 1 day. Time really does fly by so fast, I luckily have 5 transfers left under my belt but time truly is passing by so so so so fast. I don't even know where it’s going, the time with elder workman has been 3 months and has passed by in a blink. What a crazy thing, it was just yesterday that he got on Island, and just yesterday that I picked him up and came to Song Shan, but in reality it was 3 months ago. It's going to be an interesting change to Zone Leader. It will probably just make the time go by faster which I’m not very found of.r But I just love it, and am not taking 1 minute for granted because before you know it it's all gone.

This last p-day we went up hiking elephant mountain for real this time. But we went with a bunch of members. It was a great time and we tool some really good pictures, but I can't find my camera, I used it yesterday at the church but when I went home I couldn't find it, we looked all over the church but couldn't find it. So we'll keep looking and praying then I can send some pictures home. But this week sorry don't have any pictures. But it was fun to hang out with all the members and go on a little hike. It also has a beautiful view of the whole city from the top. It was a great time.

We'll family I know God lives, I know that this is his work and that we all can be a part of the happiness that comes from it, if were willing to sacrifice for it. I know the Book of Mormon is true, It is the word of God and the Only way possible for us to learn of the truth of the restoration! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer, He died for me and everyone else. I also know it's only through him that we are able to return to live with Heavenly Father and Our Families forever. I love my Savior and what he has done of me. I yearn for the chance to serve him and the chance to help everyone know of his goodness. I love this gospel with all my heart, and will do anything for it. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to serve in this corner of the world and help the people of Taiwan come unto Jesus Christ.
I love you guys so much, Thank you for all the support.

Love,
Elder Rasmussen