Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Use It or Lose It...Scared Me Into Action...

I got the first package today. But I’m excited to get the other stuff. Thank you guys so much!!

Hey guys!!!! I’m so glad to hear from you guys. I really do love reading the email and seeing how things are going on back home. Some of the pictures I sent, the one of me holding the bottles and box, those are my favorite drinks and treat. The box, they are like biscuit things with chocolate around them, but man I absolutely love them. Then, the bowling and pool one, we today went to like a fun house thing for p-day, it was a blast. They had like a ping pong cage and all this way sweet stuff, it was so much fun.

Just some stuff that has been going on… Yesterday and the day before we went on exchanges, I went with one of the Zone Leaders. I thought it was the funnest thing ever. It was awesome! It really did change my mission. I’ve never experienced so much joy in a 2 day period. But we had 4 sweet lessons, I actually taught a lot in, which was way cool, the spirit was way strong, then we went to a night market before it was night, and tracted for people to come to English class. That was way fun too. The best thing is, I know I hate to admit this but the first 2 weeks of my mission, I was kinda nervous to talk to people like on the road and stuff, cause I wasn’t confident in my Chinese skills. Then I read a talk called the Challenging and Testifying missionary. It said in there that if you don't use the talents and abilities Heavenly Father gives you, you may lose them and never get them back. Not just in the mission but in life also. I took that to heart, and to be honest got a little scared. So on the exchange I just talked to every single person I passed, and it was the best thing ever. Like I said before the joy I was experiencing was amazing, I couldn't stop smiling the whole time. I was just riding around so Jolly and Happy. Also like during the lessons and stuff, the Lord really blessed me for my efforts and just in those two days I’ve seen an amazing increase in my language ability. It's awesome; really I’m absolutely loving this. I’ve never been happier.

I don't know if I told you about the lady that has 2 kids is 40 years old, and lives with her grandma. She gets grounded so she can't leave the house, especially so she can't go to church on Sundays. I thought that was just really funny.

Oh yeah something way sweet happened last night. We are teaching a girl named Patty and her mom and dad. They opened a Herbolife or something like that store. It's a health drink. But they had a company like pep rally thing or whatever, so we went to support her. But when we were there, a man came and sat next to me, like half way through it. I didn't even think twice I turned to him, and started talking to him. Turns out he speaks pretty much perfect English. But we started talking, and ended going up and talking in the doorway and didn't even listen to the thing we went to. About 9 years ago he left the church, and everything. He told me his whole story, and was like, I was just picking a seat and I can't believe I sat next to you. We talked forever, and I learned of why he left the church and everything, so I pretty much just taught him the second lesson sitting there, and testified to him that Heavenly Father wants him back in his church, and wants to continue to bless him. Also he has some past sins he never got taken care of, so I just told him of the power of the Atonement and testified of it in my life, and he started crying and stuff, it was a really spiritual experience. The spirit was really strong, and really touched his heart. But I set up a time for tomorrow to meet with him, so hopefully we'll be able to help him get back on the road to church!! It was awesome just randomly met and everything. The Lord is very smart, haha, it was really cool though.

But let’s see..... There’s just been a lot of things happening, but yeah the best has been the exchange not even kidding it really did change my mission. Now I just have joy, everyday to talk to everyone I come by. It's so much fun!!! I love it so much. But I’m loving the food as well, every time I try something new I love it even more, and every time I eat the other foods again I just crave them, it's so awesome.

But family I’m so glad all you guys are doing great. Abby those pictures are so cute of you, you are such a beautiful girl!!!! But man that NF room, looks tight, nice job in there, that is awesome. I'd work in there haha

Oh yeah one more kinda funny story, well really funny to me. We are teaching a monk right now. So we had a lesson with him, we had a lady that is like 50 be the member present to help us teach. We started out with a song. We sang I Believe in Christ. K it's a really long song. I’m not good at singing, the monk had never heard it before so he was just plain awful, and the older lady had the awful Chinese old lady squeaky voice. Oh my gosh, let me tell you, it was the worst thing I’ve probably ever heard. In the middle of the song I couldn't take it anymore, so I literally laughed out loud, I don't know how but I was able to control myself, and stop laughing. But man my insides were exploding with laughter. It was so funny, I was loving it!

Josh- Hey buddy, how are you doing!! Hope everything is going sweet. Dude your pictures looked so legit. I was laughing pretty hard when I looked at them; you pulled that off really well. Haha props!! Also that’s sweet about your flag football team, I bet that was so much fun, I love flag football. Hope you’re still trying really hard in school, and doing well with all other things. I love you so much bud, keep being a good example for the other kids.

Cade- Hey bud, congrats on making the basketball team. But now you play basketball, and swim, you gotta step it up and work even harder. But I know you can do it, I love you so much, you've always been a hard worker and a very good example for me, I thank you so much for all those things you've done that have showed me how I can become better. Keep up the good work in school too, you are a very smart kid, keep studying hard, and become brilliant. I love you!

Britton- Hey bud I hear you’re a beast at reading!! That’s so awesome; reading is probably the one thing that I wish I would have done better before I came on my mission!! So keep doing it, through reading we learn so much, and the more we learn the happier the Lord is with us in this life. Also keep being a loving brother and a good friend, like you always are. I love you!

Abby- Hey BABE!!! How are you? You are the cutest girl I’ve ever seen. Every picture I see of you, you just keep getting cuter and cuter. You are also growing up, which is awesome. I can't believe you’re taking all these hard tests, I'd probably fail them, but the fact that your acing them is amazing, boggles my mind every time I think about it. You are so amazing, keep being the amazing loving little girl that you always have been. I love you!!

Mom and Dad- Hey guys!!! I love you guys so much, thank you so much for all the hard work and sweat you guys put into supporting the family. I’m so grateful for your guys' example in my life, and the life of our family. You guys are perfect, I’m so glad for you guys in my life. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you guys. Keep working hard, the Lord has blessings waiting for you guys for all the hard work, I know he does. Just as the way as he has been blessing me the last few days, He will do for you guys!!! Thank you so much, I love you guys.

My Testimony- I know this Church is true with all my heart. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ; he restored the gospel by the power of God. The BOM is true, it is God's word, and through reading it we become closer to him every day. Every single day we should be reading from the BOM on our own, as well as with our family. I don't know how I went a day without it now that I see the blessing from doing so. The Lord loves all of us, he wants us to have success and be happy. He wants us to return to his presence, and we can by following Jesus Christ's example and doing everything we can on this earth to live his gospel. I love my life so much, I love missionary work, it's hard but I love it, I’ve never been happier then I am right now. I do miss you guys more than ever, but I know you guys are with me in my heart, and I hope I’m making you guys proud. Thank you so much for being the perfect supportive family. I love you guys so much!!!!